George

Elkview, WV

#42697 Mar 2, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
Coal needs to be a part of any comprehensive energy plan. The left has these grandiose ideas of powering the planet with elk farts and bat shit, but they never put forth any concrete plans as to how alternative forms of energy will meet our needs. Coal will eventually be phased out of our energy plan but not anytime soon.
Yup, coals time is certainly limited, but we should use this cheap energy source while we can and in the meantime maybe they will actually come up with reasonable alternatives. I dont think they care if we all are jobless in the dark as long as they push their agenda.
tired of it

Gandeeville, WV

#42698 Mar 2, 2014
good reading men,not you shatsburger.com e on bring up a accident that was over 40 years ago.
was reading a article that a estimated 4,300 american citizens a year lose there life by an illegal immigrant.now that a tragedy but you libbys fight for them everyday.
no one like to see anything bad happen but some kind of disaster has been happening since the beginning of time.

i'm ready for the global warming a stack of wood in, in the dry.10 gallon of gas for generator and snow plow on the utv.bring it on i will take it as it comes like i have for years,it is winter time you alarmists
George

Elkview, WV

#42699 Mar 2, 2014
Mgtn Res wrote:
The left has these grandiose ideas of powering the planet with elk farts and bat shit,
Hahaha, now that is funny.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#42700 Mar 2, 2014
George wrote:
SO how is that darn global warming treating ya today guru? Hehehe
its 12 degrees right now and were having lightning and thunder. raining ice. national weather service here in norman cant look out the window and predict the weather.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#42701 Mar 2, 2014
coal is a very powerful fuel, a lump of coal puts out some serious heat and it lasts a long time.
Just saying

Ashburn, VA

#42702 Mar 2, 2014
Maybe west Virginia should have reinvented itself and prepared for the future. Maybe a bigger focus should have been on improving education and training that prepares for modern industry and technology careers. Instead generation after generation was sent underground in disgusting conditions thinking the resource would always remain or a better form of energy couldn't be used. Now the mountains are destroyed, stripped, blown up, and poisoned. The once beautiful land can't even be used to promote tourism as much as it could have. Pittsburgh survived the closing of steel mills by educating and preparing for the future and a changing world. It not only survived but is thriving.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#42703 Mar 2, 2014
http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/induscode.ph... I recognize some of your states coal companies. do you think congressmen, senators, Obama are going to turn free money away ? lol, don't make me laugh.
Just saying

Ashburn, VA

#42704 Mar 2, 2014
Since you don't mind chemicals I guess the bill that was passed to allow unlimited radioactive fracking waste to be dumped in West Virginia doesn't bother you either. What could go wrong? Other states fought against it (you know silly things like illness, contaminated water and dying livestock) so you get the waste from other states too. How exciting!!! Go freedom!!!
Just saying

Ashburn, VA

#42705 Mar 2, 2014
We once used whale oil to light lanterns, should we continue that energy source? I mean whalers lost jobs who cares if a better source was discovered.

“My egg Spot”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

#42706 Mar 2, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, coals time is certainly limited, but we should use this cheap energy source while we can and in the meantime maybe they will actually come up with reasonable alternatives. I dont think they care if we all are jobless in the dark as long as they push their agenda.
Or maybe we should conserve fossil fuels so they last us as long as it takes to fully develop the renewable sources, so there is a gradual transition instead of a sudden emergency with much hardship and shortages.
George

Liberty, WV

#42707 Mar 2, 2014
KIEV/BALACLAVA, Ukraine (Reuters)- Ukraine mobilized for war on Sunday and Washington threatened to isolate Russia economically, after President Vladimir Putin declared he had the right to invade his neighbor in Moscow's biggest confrontation with the West since the Cold War.

"This is not a threat: this is actually the declaration of war to my country," Ukraine's Prime Minister Arseny Yatseniuk said in English. Yatsenuik heads a pro-Western government that took power when the country's Russia-backed president, Viktor Yanukovich, was ousted last week.

Putin secured permission from his parliament on Saturday to use military force to protect Russian citizens in Ukraine and told U.S. President Barack Obama he had the right to defend Russian interests and nationals, spurning Western pleas not to intervene.
George

Liberty, WV

#42708 Mar 2, 2014
Just saying wrote:
We once used whale oil to light lanterns, should we continue that energy source? I mean whalers lost jobs who cares if a better source was discovered.
Oil lamps are rarely used anymore because we found economically reasonable alternatives, not because we based our energy policies on some green freak protesting whales or based on a flawed "theories" that predicted the end of the world if we continue to use them. The economy of states was not destroyed in the process. They werent regulated away, we found something better and cheaper. As of now there are no real reasonable alternatives to coal and the WV economy is dependent on coal. Lame comparison.
George

Liberty, WV

#42709 Mar 2, 2014
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe we should conserve fossil fuels so they last us as long as it takes to fully develop the renewable sources, so there is a gradual transition instead of a sudden emergency with much hardship and shortages.
You actually said something reasonable and intelligent. WOW. Isnt that what we have been doing prior to Obama deciding to regulate it out of existence cause great hardship to millions?
Just saying

Ashburn, VA

#42710 Mar 2, 2014
Another staffer fired from republican governor Scott Walkers office for racist emails. How many is that now? I've lost count. I don't know where republicans get their racist image from.
Just saying

Ashburn, VA

#42711 Mar 2, 2014
Sorry about double posts.
tired of it

Gandeeville, WV

#42712 Mar 2, 2014
George wrote:
<quoted text>You actually said something reasonable and intelligent. WOW. Isnt that what we have been doing prior to Obama deciding to regulate it out of existence cause great hardship to millions?
i agree look what happened to all the money obama handed to these green energy companies. that folded up closed doors and sure walked away with pocket fulls of money.
Just saying

Ashburn, VA

#42713 Mar 2, 2014
There are better and cleaner energy sources now. The freaks that want regulations warned of the consequences that lack of regulation will cause. Now we are seeing the results with the chemical spills that have been occurring. West Virginia should have created opportunities and not have depended on one industry to take of them forever.

“Bacon says: I love you”

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Mommy and Daddy

#42714 Mar 2, 2014
Just saying wrote:
Another staffer fired from republican governor Scott Walkers office for racist emails. How many is that now? I've lost count. I don't know where republicans get their racist image from.
Republicans are held accountable for their racist comments. When is the left going to hold democrats accountable for their racist comments?
http://mediatrackers.org/national/2013/06/20/...
George

Charleston, WV

#42715 Mar 2, 2014
Just saying wrote:
There are better and cleaner energy sources now. The freaks that want regulations warned of the consequences that lack of regulation will cause. Now we are seeing the results with the chemical spills that have been occurring. West Virginia should have created opportunities and not have depended on one industry to take of them forever.
Cleaner yes, better? Not yet. Coal is still the cheapest form of energy we can produce and supplies millions of jobs. Nuclear is a pretty good alternative but your kind of people dont want those either. In your fantasy land you pretend like Res said we can power the country of elk farts, but we NEED coal unless you want blackouts, quadrupled power bills, and a stagnating economy.
Just saying

Ashburn, VA

#42716 Mar 2, 2014
Yes farts so clever. I guess that was meant to make liberals look stupid and not the one saying it. Ok lets say solar, wind and natural gas doesn't exist. What will be different in less than 20 years after the resources are gone? Nobody prepared before now knowing it wouldn't last forever. More than likely there will still be no backup plan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hookers 3 min Little bit 31
Birds and cages (Apr '11) 32 min Birdbrain1234 5
Prayer Requests Welcomed... (Mar '14) 39 min River Tam 396
The President, Goverment And The CDC Not Doing ... 46 min Been there 35
Anyone know what was going on on Gardner rd 58 min news 11
Applebee's 1 hr Ol joe 1
Ashley Dyer 1 hr Suuureee 2
***"prayer line topic"*** (Nov '11) 2 hr COOTERDOG 9,060
Matt Keesecker 3 hr One who knew him 9
Levy...... Doesn't have my vote this year 13 hr Fruit of the Loom 71