First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NEED INFORMED

Johnson City, TN

#1 Jan 10, 2011
First of all I do have a job. But my heating bill is HUGE this year. I am widowed and have 3 underage children in my home. I was eligible and received regular LIEAP. My question is, if you received the regular payment, do you automatically get the emergency? I have in the past. Or do you have to apply for it?
yep

Harriman, TN

#2 Jan 10, 2011
yea I think you have to have a disconect and go down and apply for the emergency lieap. I dont know why all the bills are so high ours is through the roof.
1 post removed
NEED INFORMED

Johnson City, TN

#4 Jan 10, 2011
yep wrote:
yea I think you have to have a disconect and go down and apply for the emergency lieap. I dont know why all the bills are so high ours is through the roof.
Mine is too. I have no idea what is going on with them. They know that no one wants to go without electricity and they charge whatever they want. That is what I think.
Yes

Montcalm, WV

#5 Jan 10, 2011
You have to go to the DHHR and take your disconnect notice to qualify for emergency lieap. You do not automatically get it because you qualified for regular lieap.
wondering

Waterloo, Canada

#6 Jan 11, 2011
Does anyone know when it ends?the date to apply?
FYI

Beckley, WV

#7 Jan 11, 2011
wondering wrote:
Does anyone know when it ends?the date to apply?
Emergency LIEAP has not started yet. They say it will start around the middle of the month.
just so u know

United States

#8 Jan 12, 2011
In the state of wv they can not disconnect due to nonpayment december 1 - february 28.
my 2 cents

Beckley, WV

#9 Jan 12, 2011
I called the DHHR and they told me it would be the end of January probably. I hope your right about them not being able to cut it off.
Just sayin

Beckley, WV

#10 Jan 12, 2011
just so u know wrote:
In the state of wv they can not disconnect due to nonpayment december 1 - february 28.
They still try to though.
Dellah

Chesterfield, MO

#11 Jan 12, 2011
What is liaep
hmm

Beckley, WV

#12 Jan 12, 2011
Just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
They still try to though.
no they dont..... i promise.... it is against legislative law..... they can try all they want, but they cant....
Gamer

Princeton, WV

#13 Jan 12, 2011
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
no they dont..... i promise.... it is against legislative law..... they can try all they want, but they cant....
especially in the winter months (so I've heard)
Gamer

Princeton, WV

#14 Jan 12, 2011
Dellah wrote:
What is liaep
LIEAP = Low Income Emergency Assistance Program
It's a program from the DHHR that helps Low Income families with their electric bill; that is if you qualify.
curious

Rupert, WV

#15 Jan 13, 2011
Or you can get wood, kerosene, gas, etc. Its just not the electric bill. You need a signed statement from a neighbor that you are out.
hope to help

Spanishburg, WV

#16 Jan 13, 2011
if you cant get help from the dhhr you can go to case on bland street and they will help you with your power bill it has to be a disconnect too
Gamer

Princeton, WV

#17 Jan 13, 2011
curious wrote:
Or you can get wood, kerosene, gas, etc. Its just not the electric bill. You need a signed statement from a neighbor that you are out.
True; I forgot about that since I don't use either one to heat my house.
curious

Bluefield, WV

#18 Jan 13, 2011
I so dont mind relaying information if people will use it like it should be, ya know. But I dont like to mention to much cause so many people commit fraud.
Really

Clay, WV

#19 Jan 15, 2011
hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know where I can find out for sure? I need just a couple more days on my huge bill and they wont work with me at all. I have small children and cant go without our heat.
wv girl

Daniels, WV

#20 Jan 16, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know where I can find out for sure? I need just a couple more days on my huge bill and they wont work with me at all. I have small children and cant go without our heat.
they cant cut u off its against the law
amazing

Chesterfield, MO

#21 Jan 18, 2011
Is it against the law totally or just for the lieap users?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley Hill 2 hr Get a room 30
Government Shutdown 2 hr Worried 4
Trump’s “Make America Horny Again!” 2 hr Courous George 8
Joanie-Bailey-Cline-Boyle 6 hr I KNOW 4
Turpin Family 12 hr Honestly 26
I Hope The USA Turns Into A New World Order Cou... 15 hr Yeah 6
Princeton football 20 hr Richard 8

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance