Princeton Community Hospital Emergenc...

Princeton Community Hospital Emergency Room Services

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Preggers

Bluefield, WV

#2 Nov 9, 2012
I've only had one visit that I can say good things about, and sadly it was after I was pregnant. (which may have influenced them) HOWEVER, I did write my nurse of that evening a nice thank you letter telling her how appreciative I was for her excellent care.
wow

Princeton, WV

#3 Nov 9, 2012
it sucks
re re

Danielson, CT

#4 Nov 10, 2012
They'd beat BRMC anydays!
I would take a dog to BRMC
Zeek

Bluefield, WV

#5 Nov 10, 2012
#1) emergency rooms are just that..for emergencies. Not for chronic back pain, not for chronic migraines, definitely not for that mouthful of rotten teeth you have been carrying around for 20 years. Over 50% of the people using the ER are there for "clinical" complaints. Plainly stated, these are complaints that should be seen at your regular doctor's office, an urgent care clinic, or the health department (not to mention a dentist). Another 30-40% clog up ER's blatantly seeking narcotics for use, to abuse or to sell. We all know that, we remember who you are, we know which hospitals you frequent, and we frankly don't give a crap if you are "allergic" to all NSAIDs, toradol, morphine, and Demerol...just so you can get Dilaudid or fentanyl..
That leaves 10-20% actual emergencies that need evaluated. And don't think that listing "back pain, headache, leg pain, sore throat, toothache, and CHEST PAIN" is going to get you front of the line privileges. Nurses and Doctors are just too smart for that! We just do a quick EKG on you, and when it's normal...you wait. So don't get all pissed off when some little kid who is sucking air and looking blue is taken back when they just arrive while you have waited for 3 hours. And that 70 year old with a fever is much more fragile than your MRSA abscess on your nasty ass because you are allergic to soap.
#2) "if I would have called an ambulance, they would have to put me right in a room"..Wrong! It would not have taken the ambulance 30 minutes to get to that stroke or trauma or heart attack patient if they weren't all transporting chronic back pain, dental pain and anxiety attacks! So don't get all pissed off when they put you in the waiting room to do just that...wait! And NO! They are not going to wait around to give you a ride back home! If you come to the hospital by ambulance....make sure someone at your house is either awake, sober, or at least competent enough to drive to the hospital and come get you!
#3) We are sick and tired of hearing that your back, head, teeth, or gallbladder have been bad for "4 years" but you are either waiting to "get insurance" or you have "just got my insurance card" to get fixed. Listen.....it's not an insurance card....it's the state free Medicaid card. And it's only free for you! The rest of us pay for it! So when you cry and bitch about motrin, toradol, and only getting antibiotics and not getting an Rx for "Tabs and Cets" or your "Roxy 30's".. And you yell "my insurance is paying for this shit"...remember, it's not really insurance, and you are breeding a culture of dependency. The mere fact you are breeding without the means to support yourself let alone a gaggle of kids scares us all...really does...no shit!
#4) there is a huge shortage of Doctors and Nurses that like to work in the ER and put up with your crap. We all went to school (college...not just elementary school) to take care of really sick and really injured people. The price we pay for snatching a patient from the jaws of death used to be a sense of reward and accomplishment. But now we barely get to pat each other on the back because of all the bullshit drug-seekers we have to immediately deal with afterwards. This makes retirement or moving to a less abusive State more attractive.
Lastly #5) If you are in the emergency room enough that EVERYONE knows your name...you are part of the problem. Quit smoking, quit asking for a lunch tray from security, get off welfare and SSI, and get a job! If you keep visiting every ER in the state, every day to get your FIX...you will eventually die. In the meantime, the ER's will remained clogged.

Judged:

10

10

9

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
See here

Princeton, WV

#6 Nov 10, 2012
If they only want to treat true emergencies then they shouldn't have Express Care! Or they should go private, rather than being a community supported hospital which is required BY LAW to see everyone. Stop crying because somebody asked you to do your JOB. The employees at private ambulance companies, which willingly accept non-emergency patients, should quit their moaning, too! Their employer's WANT those non-emergency patients or they would NOT accept them. If any of you don't like it, well, nobody is making you work there!

I know that drug addicts are annoying. Do you think that doctor's offices don't have to deal with them too? They do, and so do all of the average citizens who don't work in the healthcare field. They actually ARE sick, and if they didn't KNOW that they could get drugs by hitting the ER and doctor's offices then they'd stop. The doctor's should start referring them to rehab instead of giving them what they want!

The Medicaid issue is sticky for you. You pay taxes, your employer accepts Medicaid, and your employer pays you. You get your money back! Medicaid IS better than those who show up with no coverage and don't pay their bills, isn't it? Not to mention that some of those Medicaid patients DO have jobs. There are a ton of working poor people around here whose employers don't offer insurance or they can't afford it. You probably work with some of them! Stop acting like they're all trash.
See here

Princeton, WV

#7 Nov 10, 2012
If anyone was wondering what was wrong with the care received in the ER, I think Zeek up there just answered your question. Some of the employees are bitter and hateful and have forgotten their ethical training.

What would Zeek do if his/her words were responsible for someone with Medicaid not calling an ambulance or going to the hospital because they were too embarrassed? What if that poor soul DIED?

What if one of those patients that Zeek deems a drug addict just happens NOT to be? Does Zeek sound like he/she would be able to provide them appropriate care?

Those of you reading this that think that Zeek's personality or opinions are rare or not a problem? You're wrong. I work around assholes like this everyday. They're disgruntled and terrible people who think that everyone agrees with them. Well, they're wrong and sometimes their smug attitudes DO cause issues for patients. I'm going to start reporting them to superiors, Medicare, and Medicaid, when I hear them talking this way. Maybe that will solve everyone's problems, including THEIRS.
See here

Princeton, WV

#8 Nov 10, 2012
Potential patients of local ambulance services and hospitals, if you believe that you are being discriminated against or treated poorly due to your insurance coverage or lack of, or your use of Medicaid or Medicare by any employee, do NOT let them get away with it.

Report them to their employers. Report them to Medicaid and Medicare. Report them to the EMT, LPN, RN licensing boards, or the state medical board. They do NOT have the right to jeopardize patients health due to their bitterness with their jobs. They are required to provide equal treatment to everyone, and how can they do that when they harbor such angry resentment toward certain classes of patients?

Know that everyone in this field is NOT this way. Some of us are professionals. There are drawbacks to every job and this kind of anger and judgement of patients is ridiculous. Don't hesitate to seek medical treatment due to what people like that say! They'll get over it, and your health is more important than their feelings of being inconvenienced!
Bad

Richmond, VA

#9 Nov 10, 2012
I can go to the Vetrans hospital emergency room see a doctor within 45 minutes , get x-rays and treatment and be out in 1.5 hrs. They are much busier than PCH yet everyone is friendly and helpful. I really think they could do better.
Ponderer

Rupert, WV

#10 Nov 10, 2012
Zeek, you are the only one to write anything that makes any sense on this topic. All of the others are making excuses for the blood sucking morons that don't deserve any service. Just like all other types of welfare most of the people on Medicaid are there because they choose to be by not working and supporting themselves. The emergency rooms have "Express Care" as a way of pushing thos non-emergency atients to the side to get the actual emergencies in for service. So if you are a free loader stop your complaining you are getting better service than you deserve.
See here

Princeton, WV

#11 Nov 10, 2012
Ponderer wrote:
Zeek, you are the only one to write anything that makes any sense on this topic. All of the others are making excuses for the blood sucking morons that don't deserve any service. Just like all other types of welfare most of the people on Medicaid are there because they choose to be by not working and supporting themselves. The emergency rooms have "Express Care" as a way of pushing thos non-emergency atients to the side to get the actual emergencies in for service. So if you are a free loader stop your complaining you are getting better service than you deserve.
I'm not a "freeloader." I work in healthcare and you have no idea what a plague people like Zeek are within it. Frankly, they are unprofessional, make the rest of us look bad to decent people, create hostile work environments, and let their personal feelings interfere with their jobs.

You'd quickly change your tune if you were ever mistaken for the type of person that people like Zeek loathe! I see that happen all the time, too.
Forget your insurance card? Filthy because you've been working all day? Have foster kids who receive Medicaid? Disabled but not in a visable way? Zeek and others like him/her will judge you right along with the rest!
shay

Danielson, CT

#12 Nov 10, 2012
If the drs would quit giving them what theys wants, roxys, cets & admitting them jus cause they wants admitted & meeting they "quota" of admissions fo the nights they would solve a lots of these problems.
la nay nay

Danielson, CT

#13 Nov 10, 2012
Erytime I there I see that foreign woman dr asleep right at they desk.
See here

Princeton, WV

#14 Nov 10, 2012
Oh yes, while I am at it! Everyone deserves good medical care regardless of how they pay. It's not a medical professional's job to judge patients. It is their job to provide the best care possible to every patient, no matter what. They were all taught this in school and many of them take oaths swearing to do so when they are licensed. They need to do this or get out of the field. Period.
lamar

Danielson, CT

#15 Nov 10, 2012
See here wrote:
Oh yes, while I am at it! Everyone deserves good medical care regardless of how they pay. It's not a medical professional's job to judge patients. It is their job to provide the best care possible to every patient, no matter what. They were all taught this in school and many of them take oaths swearing to do so when they are licensed. They need to do this or get out of the field. Period.
You probably 1 of the frequent fliers
See here

Princeton, WV

#16 Nov 10, 2012
shay wrote:
If the drs would quit giving them what theys wants, roxys, cets & admitting them jus cause they wants admitted & meeting they "quota" of admissions fo the nights they would solve a lots of these problems.
That is a fact! The "frequent fliers" become that way because it has gotten them what they wanted in the past! If they didn't think they would have a chance at getting these drugs, they would stop!
shay

Danielson, CT

#17 Nov 10, 2012
See here wrote:
<quoted text>That is a fact! The "frequent fliers" become that way because it has gotten them what they wanted in the past! If they didn't think they would have a chance at getting these drugs, they would stop!
Tru dat! Wouldn't b comin there all they lives
Buggz

Bluefield, WV

#18 Nov 10, 2012
As a healthcare professional for 20+ years, Zeek has spoken for many of us. The words in his post describe exactly what I have dealt with for many years. See Here may work in healthcare, but obviously not in an Emergency Room. I would certainly want to work alongside Zeek on my shifts, because this is someone with their eyes wide open to what walks through that door. Unlike See Here, who has passed personal judgment about Zeek based on his factual post, we do not judge every patient as soon as they walk in and state their complaint. That comes after they look us in the eye and swear on the Bible they haven't taken anything, when their labs tell an entirely different story. Some of us do remember caring for patients before addiction became such a huge problem, but patients who come in carrying weapons who are determined to lie, cheat, or steal in an effort to get what they want have changed healthcare, and those who provide it. Thank you Zeek for putting it out there blunt and straight, because it is what it is!
Zeek Told The Gospel

Princeton, WV

#19 Nov 10, 2012
I like "Zeeks" post! Very good and TRUTHFUL post. This is exacly the way it is.You must have worked the ER for awhile.You know the truthful FACTS!I really liked your post!

Thanks
Zeek Told The Gospel

Princeton, WV

#20 Nov 10, 2012
See here wrote:
If anyone was wondering what was wrong with the care received in the ER, I think Zeek up there just answered your question. Some of the employees are bitter and hateful and have forgotten their ethical training.
What would Zeek do if his/her words were responsible for someone with Medicaid not calling an ambulance or going to the hospital because they were too embarrassed? What if that poor soul DIED?
What if one of those patients that Zeek deems a drug addict just happens NOT to be? Does Zeek sound like he/she would be able to provide them appropriate care?
Those of you reading this that think that Zeek's personality or opinions are rare or not a problem? You're wrong. I work around assholes like this everyday. They're disgruntled and terrible people who think that everyone agrees with them. Well, they're wrong and sometimes their smug attitudes DO cause issues for patients. I'm going to start reporting them to superiors, Medicare, and Medicaid, when I hear them talking this way. Maybe that will solve everyone's problems, including THEIRS.
What is it,Yu are either a druggie,or a dealer? I would bet my ass, You are one of the two. And you are also full of shyt!
shay

Danielson, CT

#21 Nov 10, 2012
Buggz wrote:
As a healthcare professional for 20+ years, Zeek has spoken for many of us. The words in his post describe exactly what I have dealt with for many years. See Here may work in healthcare, but obviously not in an Emergency Room. I would certainly want to work alongside Zeek on my shifts, because this is someone with their eyes wide open to what walks through that door. Unlike See Here, who has passed personal judgment about Zeek based on his factual post, we do not judge every patient as soon as they walk in and state their complaint. That comes after they look us in the eye and swear on the Bible they haven't taken anything, when their labs tell an entirely different story. Some of us do remember caring for patients before addiction became such a huge problem, but patients who come in carrying weapons who are determined to lie, cheat, or steal in an effort to get what they want have changed healthcare, and those who provide it. Thank you Zeek for putting it out there blunt and straight, because it is what it is!
True dat!! It is what it T I Z

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hiring? (Jan '15) 12 min Question 21
Man shot 36 min ernies son 4
***"prayer line topic"*** (Nov '11) 1 hr purplelady1040 42,397
Review: Roselawn Memorial Gardens (May '15) 5 hr Spring 14
More Coal Miners Losing Their Jobs 6 hr Spring 31
Has anyone been treated bad by mercer co dhhr cps (Nov '10) 6 hr DHHR Party 1,497
Mercer County BOE Salaries 6 hr Ruthie 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Princeton Mortgages