Jinx band re-uniting!
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
good heavy metal

Princeton, WV

#1 Jul 19, 2013
All former members from every single line-up of the band Jinx are hereby invited to gather with me to take back over the metal scene!

Whether you were part of the inception when we were first forming, or with us at the height of our perfection, you are welcome.

Original members only please. We need to get some songs together before summer ends. I have a great show planned at the perfect place!
Yep

Ashburn, VA

#2 Jul 20, 2013
I never heard of this band before.
Band guy

Faber, VA

#3 Nov 5, 2013
Take back over the metal scene lol when did you ever control have it
2 posts removed
eff why eye

Oakvale, WV

#6 Nov 5, 2013
I bet Black Dawn will open for you all or something and have a good retro 90s metal hard rock program show festival style...Glen Wood Park be thar!!!
Skyrim

Bluefield, WV

#7 Nov 6, 2013
eff why eye wrote:
I bet Black Dawn will open for you all or something and have a good retro 90s metal hard rock program show festival style...Glen Wood Park be thar!!!
Black Dawn....those were the good days. Well, the all original line up anyway.
hey skyrim

Oakvale, WV

#8 Nov 6, 2013
Skyrim wrote:
<quoted text>
Black Dawn....those were the good days. Well, the all original line up anyway.
I know Bubby Tabor was original Vox, but was Steve Munsey an original guitarist?

who was the OG lineup, if you please?

signed,
fond memories
hey skyrim

Oakvale, WV

#9 Nov 6, 2013
(continued from above)

I don't think Jay Jenks was an original.

I do know that Big John Thompson and Allen Larue were in it and I believe allen's brother Tony was keyboardist?

Not too sure about the bass player though or who exactly was the original membership. I saw them several times, but I was from Tazewell at that point in my life. Black Dawn was better than those fake metal acts we had down thataway playing at least 5 Alice In Chains songs every single set!!
hey skyrim

Oakvale, WV

#10 Nov 6, 2013
I knew that they hung out at Dr. T's bar, CHEERS all the time and that's how I got to know some of them personally. I didn't play an instrument but I was a huge metal fan and we even talked about me singing some for them and a possible studio effort.
Skyrim

Bluefield, WV

#11 Nov 6, 2013
hey skyrim wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Bubby Tabor was original Vox, but was Steve Munsey an original guitarist?
who was the OG lineup, if you please?
signed,
fond memories
Indeed, Steve was one of the original members and guitarist for Black Dawn. As a matter of fact, he was in the original early line-up. He and Larue
Skyrim

Bluefield, WV

#12 Nov 6, 2013
hey skyrim wrote:
(continued from above)
I don't think Jay Jenks was an original.
I do know that Big John Thompson and Allen Larue were in it and I believe allen's brother Tony was keyboardist?
Not too sure about the bass player though or who exactly was the original membership. I saw them several times, but I was from Tazewell at that point in my life. Black Dawn was better than those fake metal acts we had down thataway playing at least 5 Alice In Chains songs every single set!!
I think Tony came in later on to do keyboards.

The original like up as I remember it was....
Bub,Steve,Big John,Allen and Roger. I think Roger was the bass players name,it's been quite a few years. Jinx came in as guitarist/vocals much later on.
Fan of black dawn

Faber, VA

#13 Nov 6, 2013
The band black dawn formed in 1991 with big John and Allen Laurie . Roger Thompson came on board on bass they got Steve muncey on second guitar and nub tabor came in on vocals. Bib was later fired and Brian Joseph became the singer. Steve then quit over a girl . Jay jenks came on then. Allen and jay took over the vocal duties and Brian was of no use. Tony larue came in on keyboards .roger quit to move back to Roanoke va ken belcher was added and that was the lineup til they disbanded
fan level analysis

Oakvale, WV

#14 Nov 6, 2013
Big John could play the drums bringing good hard rock to the metal scene

Allen was decent for his artform with a purist metal background

Steve could barely hack out a good rendition of "wherever I may roam"

Bub had good stage presence, jumping out of coffins
to start the program

Jay was an excellent choice for replacement, with decent stage presence and good metal background

Tony didn't do bad as there's only so much that keyboards can offer

Brian leaves me scratching my head as to why they ever let him try his death metal stylings

Ken was the lightest on his feet, and the most effeminate, but perhaps the most talented in the group

and that my dear fellows is how I saw it over the course of following their illustrious career
fan level analysis

Oakvale, WV

#15 Nov 6, 2013
Remember, this is from an era where heavy metal should have been about camaraderie and good fun for everyone on the scene; however, it was more than tinged with the spirit of competition and one-upsmanship.

It was about bragging rights. Who kicked who out of bands and who had the most fans. It was at a time when someone as soul-less as Frankie Price got accolades for technical skill. Even the likes of Zack Uhl and Chris Stinson could posture themselves to act "as if" they had what it took to deliver the metal goods. Laughing out loud, I'm even thinking of Dale Sheppard, who couldn't even play any cover songs correctly, and CURRENTLY STILL trying to fool drunkards into thinking that he knows how to tune a guitar.

Yes...no wonder Black Dawn reigns supreme at the heap of this dung that we call our fond memories of the greater Mercer County metal scene. I'm not even going to name some of the others who are an even bigger joke than the aforementioned!
Zach Uhls biggest fan

Oakvale, WV

#16 Nov 6, 2013
Sure, Zach lived close enough to walk to King's Palace, where all the major shows were happening. Maybe if he could've stayed inside and observed and absorbed the showmanship emanating from the stage, instead of stirring up trouble outside, with drunken brawls and getting the State Cops to show up, things would have turned out differently. And our Zach Uhl fan club would have a much much bigger fanbase!
not nitpicking here

Oakvale, WV

#17 Nov 6, 2013
Skyrim wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Tony came in later on to do keyboards.
The original like up as I remember it was....
Bub,Steve,Big John,Allen and Roger. I think Roger was the bass players name,it's been quite a few years. Jinx came in as guitarist/vocals much later on.
I value your input, but don't let us confuse "Jinx" the name of the band, which is the topic of this thread

with Jay Jenks, whose last name is ironically pronounced "jinx"

This thread is about the band Jinx and any and all lineups

(comparison to contemporaries Black Dawn has been inevitable)
Yep

Ashburn, VA

#18 Nov 7, 2013
Does anyone have any videos or music they did on youtube ?
Fan of black dawn

Faber, VA

#19 Nov 7, 2013
not nitpicking here wrote:
<quoted text>
I value your input, but don't let us confuse "Jinx" the name of the band, which is the topic of this thread
with Jay Jenks, whose last name is ironically pronounced "jinx"
This thread is about the band Jinx and any and all lineups
(comparison to contemporaries Black Dawn has been inevitable)
not even in the same league as black dawn and never could be
1 post removed
saw every Black Dawn show

Oakvale, WV

#21 Nov 7, 2013
Fan of black dawn wrote:
<quoted text>not even in the same league as black dawn and never could be
With career moves such as letting Ian Jones jam "Enter Sandman" with the band at the end of a set by a Black Dawn that got blown off the stage by Zoe that night at the Rec Center...don't make me laugh. League. LOL snicker snicker

How about another Metallica related fiasco..."Wherever I may Roam" cover version at Glenwood Park?

How about Jay Jenks showcasing his "Alex Skolnick signature reverse headstock Ibanez 550" at the Glenwood 4H camp show. What a joke...

Yeah, Black Dawn was in a league of it's own...I saw a better band from Richlands play at Skateland!

hardee har har
Jinx Fan

Oakvale, WV

#22 Nov 7, 2013
bring back Jinx and show em how it's supposed to be done!!!!
Jinx Fan

Oakvale, WV

#23 Nov 7, 2013
Fan of black dawn wrote:
<quoted text>not even in the same league as black dawn and never could be
and didn't Black Dawn re-form under a different name just a couple of years ago, with a couple of talentless hacks replacing key members Bub and Jay? Unsuccessfully, may I add? I can pull up some U Tube joke footage of that...seriously!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If your tired of burglaries and theft speak up! 40 min concerned grandma 2
Donald trump 1 hr My 2 cents 3
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr Well 3,986
Department of Education Shutters ACICS Accredit... 6 hr Just me 3
wanna-be outlaw MC gangs (Sep '10) 11 hr Laugher 54
Who is the dumbest person in Princeton 12 hr I know em 2
brandon & savannah farley (Jun '13) 13 hr savannah47 38

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance