Piano/guitar lessons anyone?

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
musicman10

Princeton, WV

#1 Mar 28, 2012
If you are thinking about enrolling in piano or guitar lessons, I would like to recommend the Modad-Smith Music School on Mercer Street in Princeton. Freddy Modad has over 30 years of experience and teaches guitar. Carol Smith, who is one of the nicest, sweetest ladies you would ever want to meet is experienced and certified in piano and voice training.

The monthly rate is $50.00 for a 1/2 hour lesson, once per week. I believe the other music school up the road, Stages, charge $60.00 per month for the same lesson time and offer no more than Modad-Smith.

Modad-Smith Music Studio is located at 749 Mercer Street in Princeton. They are right beside Family Dollar at the intersection of South 8th and Mercer Streets. The numbers for each instructor are in the front window and they DO have openings available for new students!!

Again, if you are considering music lessons of any kind, please give Modad-Smith a go...you'll be glad you did!

Thank you!

“I really do love fame”

Level 2

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#2 Mar 28, 2012
Welcome to the music business, everyone!

anyone even thinking about taking up a musical instrument better have loads of raw talent, or should be interested in doing it just for fun their whole lives, because nobody makes it big in this area. The best that anyone can hope for is...well, teaching lessons after they stop making music themselves!!!!!!!!

“Topix is like Pro Wrestling”

Level 1

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#3 Mar 28, 2012
musicman10 wrote:
If you are thinking about enrolling in piano or guitar lessons, I would like to recommend the Modad-Smith Music School on Mercer Street in Princeton. Freddy Modad has over 30 years of experience and teaches guitar. Carol Smith, who is one of the nicest, sweetest ladies you would ever want to meet is experienced and certified in piano and voice training.
The monthly rate is $50.00 for a 1/2 hour lesson, once per week. I believe the other music school up the road, Stages, charge $60.00 per month for the same lesson time and offer no more than Modad-Smith.
Modad-Smith Music Studio is located at 749 Mercer Street in Princeton. They are right beside Family Dollar at the intersection of South 8th and Mercer Streets. The numbers for each instructor are in the front window and they DO have openings available for new students!!
Again, if you are considering music lessons of any kind, please give Modad-Smith a go...you'll be glad you did!
Thank you!
do you teach arpeggios and sweep picking?
seriously

Saint Albans, WV

#4 Mar 28, 2012
Will u teach any age?
acid indigestion

Bluefield, WV

#5 Mar 28, 2012
Modad is a very good teacher. Very knowledgable.
musicman10

Princeton, WV

#6 Mar 28, 2012
Berzerkko, I myself am not a teacher at Modad-Smith, but I'm sure if you give them a call, Mr. Modad or Ms. Smith will be able to give you more information. I can provide you with the number if you like.

Seriously, yes, I do know for a fact that they will teach students of all ages! I know they have very young students (10+) and they actually have elderly students in their 70s and 80s.

I can provide numbers for Mr. Modad and Ms. Smith if anyone would like them.
seriously

Saint Albans, WV

#7 Mar 29, 2012
I have a 7 year old son and he is wanting to play the guitar so bad. He got one for his bday and has been trying to learn watching a video but its not going so well. I wonder if he would take somebody that young?
KBS

Princeton, WV

#8 Mar 29, 2012
I contacted him once about my 10 year old and was told they had to be 12.
seriously wrote:
I have a 7 year old son and he is wanting to play the guitar so bad. He got one for his bday and has been trying to learn watching a video but its not going so well. I wonder if he would take somebody that young?
Black Lace

Fayetteville, WV

#9 Mar 29, 2012
Not Really Jim wrote:
Welcome to the music business, everyone!
anyone even thinking about taking up a musical instrument better have loads of raw talent, or should be interested in doing it just for fun their whole lives, because nobody makes it big in this area. The best that anyone can hope for is...well, teaching lessons after they stop making music themselves!!!!!!!!
"Making it big" was never Mr. Modad and Ms. Smith's goal in life; just to be able to play for people and pass the knowledge along to all generations willing to try and learn. As long as Mr. Modad is able, he will never stop "making music". Not everyone is hoping for the "big picture", so to speak.

“I really do love fame”

Level 2

Location hidden

#10 Mar 29, 2012
Black Lace wrote:
<quoted text>
"Making it big" was never Mr. Modad and Ms. Smith's goal in life; just to be able to play for people and pass the knowledge along to all generations willing to try and learn. As long as Mr. Modad is able, he will never stop "making music". Not everyone is hoping for the "big picture", so to speak.
dig that hip and groovin sound man, like far out
Black Lace

Fayetteville, WV

#11 Mar 29, 2012
...and can we get a yeee-haw?

“I really do love fame”

Level 2

Location hidden

#12 Mar 29, 2012
Black Lace wrote:
...and can we get a yeee-haw?
awwwwww yeeeeeaaahh boiiiii!!
1 post removed
Accelerando Music School

United States

#14 Mar 29, 2012
We take all ages, from 3 to 200!:) your first lesson is free, no obligation!

500 Bland Street
Bluefield, WV 24701
Grandma Dynamite

Bluefield, WV

#15 Mar 29, 2012
Accelerando needs to teach finger tapping and whammy bar usage
get with the times

Bluefield, WV

#16 Mar 29, 2012
Grandma Dynamite wrote:
Accelerando needs to teach finger tapping and whammy bar usage
LMAO
That crap is so passe, like 1983.

In 2012, it's all about songwriting and melody.

If you concentrate on out-dated techniques like tapping and tremelo manipulation, you're going to spend the rest of your life playing in your bedroom and doing feee gigs at thr rec center...lol

Open mic anyone??.. lol

Level 1

Location hidden

#17 Mar 30, 2012
get with the times wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
That crap is so passe, like 1983.
In 2012, it's all about songwriting and melody.
If you concentrate on out-dated techniques like tapping and tremelo manipulation, you're going to spend the rest of your life playing in your bedroom and doing feee gigs at thr rec center...lol
Open mic anyone??.. lol
maybe and perhaps you could bring your comedy act to this open mic nite?*crickets chirping*
get with the times

United States

#18 Mar 30, 2012
The comedy is you guys in your 30's and 40's that have the tappin' thing down solid but can't get a gig !!!

LMAO !!!!

Thats a joke thays funny as hell and never gets old...lol

Level 1

Location hidden

#19 Mar 30, 2012
get with the times wrote:
The comedy is you guys in your 30's and 40's that have the tappin' thing down solid but can't get a gig !!!
LMAO !!!!
Thats a joke thays funny as hell and never gets old...lol
there's 10,000 bands and musicians in L.A. that can play circles around you and the drop D tuning scene. by the time you catch on to "modern" it will have passed you by, son

you know not a thing about a time signature, key signature, or mode

now run along, junior and work on your comedy act, scales, and chords

I can go another 10 years without practicing and riff and solo and other comedic humor original manifestations better than you crank out jokes. by the way, that's a joke, as there is some truth in a joke
Level 5

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#20 Mar 30, 2012
Nobody on this here post is going to do anything more than educate themselves and practice musical repertoire (perhaps someday performing something original), enough to convince the self that one is good enough perhaps to perform with other musicians of comparable talent in a live concert setting.

*Regardless of any factors of trying to sling musical education for profit.
get with the times

United States

#21 Mar 30, 2012
My money says all you can do is shit and fall back in it and that explains the situation that you're in right now.

I bet it gets lonely sitting there all day by yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brittany l the hooker that lives on wickham (Jun '14) 1 hr Tony 29
reward.. small black dog lost on rt.20 glenwood... 1 hr Patel 2
reward small dog 1 hr Ill say it 2
Men: Don't get involved with women 1 hr Post It Chuck 2
Do you need a fishing license at Glenwood Park (Jul '13) 4 hr evan bailey 6
Tired of hot blondes 12 hr In the know 3
409 Thorton Ave 14 hr Mmmm Gooood 5

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance