concerned mother

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

Just wanted to see if I can get an honest opinion about the vice principal at PVHS. My child will be attending the school next year and I have heard a few parent complain about him. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks
Hmmm

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

Is this the same Mark Godfrey that used to teach at Montcalm High about 20 years ago?
pop

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

thats possible did he flirt with all the young girls?
Hmmm

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2010

Yep that would be him.
ernie

Welch, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

he used to teach at blufield high around 96-98, he used to walk around the school with his sleeves rolled up showing his weinie arms like he was some kind of badass. never did figure that out.
Someone who really knows

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

concerned mother wrote:
Just wanted to see if I can get an honest opinion about the vice principal at PVHS. My child will be attending the school next year and I have heard a few parent complain about him. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks
Just wanted to let you know that Mr. Godfrey is a highly respected administrator and citizen in Mercer County. He is a married father of two college age children and was formerly at Bluefield High School as an administrator and teacher. There are many students and faculty members that sing his praises. It seems people only have bad things to say on these kinds of forums. Usually if anyone doesn't like him its because he believes in discipline in the schools.( Imagine that). These parents that are complaining are more than likely those kind that think "their little angels" never do anything wrong. They don't discipline their kids and get pissed if anyone else tries to teach them to be respectful and follow rules. He's the new guy at PVHS, but he's not gonna let parents tell him how to do his job. Also about the "young girls" comment. He's never treated any high school girl any differently than he would his own children.
oic

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

You must be family,thats cool to defend him, but u make the comment that only bad things are said on these kind of forums and u youself became a member of the lashmeet topix trash talkers when u read something that u didnt like and made the comment about the druggie skank. reality maybe princeton and lashmeet people are telling the truth about your Mr.Godfrey and the truth hurts. by the way to the person someone who really knows dont put down princeton and lasmeet people, we love our communities so if you dont like the comments made here on the topix just stay off the computer
julie

Spanishburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

I think he is rude and as far as highly respected maybe by you and you only....You have to earn respect from children as well as adults...

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Well, IF he's the one that taught at MHS, there are a few that were very uncomfortable around him.
IMO

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

I am attending Pikeview this year as a freshman, and at first I thought Mr. Godfrey was a tad scary.
But he's actually really great and nice.
The only parents that complain about him are the ones who's children are little brats anyway. If the parents wouldn't teach their atitudes onto their children, then their would be no complaints.
I've also only been in his office once this year, and he was respectful towards my mother and I. So if you're worried about him, don't worry,'Concerned mother'.
He's very nice, unless your child is a troublemaker, and is sent to the office everyday.
But he's very nice, and I don't have a problem with him.
But don't worry about it.(:

Level 1

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Someone who really knows wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems people only have bad things to say on these kinds of forums..
Sad thing is that most of these things being said are true. Our community be hold nothing but trash-talking gypsies but the gossip is generally true.

As for Mr. Godfrey, seems like a nice guy. I was a Senior at PVHS, I never got into trouble but he was always respectful to me. I did hear a few things from some girls though, if what happened at Montcalm was serious and true then that could be something worth looking into.

He does his job, though. As far as sports he communicates very well with the parents and students. I liked him more then Mrs. Schrewsbury that was up there the year before him.
just a friend

Gilbert, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

ok if you were a former pvhs student you never meet him he began this year! so get real you never knew him at pikeview
A Justified Sin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad thing is that most of these things being said are true. Our community be hold nothing but trash-talking gypsies but the gossip is generally true.
As for Mr. Godfrey, seems like a nice guy. I was a Senior at PVHS, I never got into trouble but he was always respectful to me. I did hear a few things from some girls though, if what happened at Montcalm was serious and true then that could be something worth looking into.
He does his job, though. As far as sports he communicates very well with the parents and students. I liked him more then Mrs. Schrewsbury that was up there the year before him.
Thinking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Well are some of the teens that participate in the sports programs his pick? and don't receive the punishment they should? Some say the boys that play sports get away with more than the girls that play. So the students should definitely give their opinion on what's true and what's not. Does he favor you?
IMO

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

I've not seen him favorite any of the boys or girls who play sports, but it could happen. I just don't really talk to a ot of sport people, but it seems like they get punishments, too. I'm just not sure if they're favorited or not, but I'll keep my eye out for it, trust me.(:
But most teachers and adults DO happen to favorite the football team, but that's just my opinion.

Level 1

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

just a friend wrote:
ok if you were a former pvhs student you never meet him he began this year! so get real you never knew him at pikeview<quoted text>
Uh, you're pretty intelligent huh? Perhaps I transferred or dropped out? Maybe I finished early? You get real, you're jumping down my throat when I've done nothing wrong. Maybe I attended Montcalm when he was there and transferred to Pikeview, only to finish before he became an Assistant Principal? Hold your tongue next time and think before you speak, it makes you look pathetically ignorant.

When it came to sports he didn't seem to favor one kid over the other. I know he socializes with certain kids more then others, but that's not a favorite. The kids usually approached him first anyways. Who replaced Mr. Mitchem?
IMO

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

The man who replaced Mr. Mitchem:
I'm not sure what his name is, but he started a few weeks ago. He seems like a nice guy, I've just never talked to him or seen him much.
Pop

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

Mr. Mitchem should have gotten Mr.Godfreys job so we got stuck with a loser and lost a winner
What

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

To the person that's just a friend.
what a justified sin is saying lmao
so u understand this they are saying
you are a stupid retard
Little Bit

Bluefield, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

I attend PikeView High and as for Mr.Godfrey I
like him he is always nice to me and has got
me out of some dhalls that were dumb.
The new guy we just got Mr.Vyers Byers
something he just looks evil.and I have heard
hes a jerk. but as for Mr.Godfrey he is great
and so is Mr.D
see it my way

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2010

i agree with little bit about Mr.D all i want to say parents get mad at teachers and principals everyday and you can see the good ones out weigh the bad ones like Mr.G because his name and his name only u will see splattered on princetons and lashmeet forums so that says alot someone else needs to give their opinion on this. I know we have some disrespecful kids but the key word is kids. so to all the good ones my hats off to you for being great teachers and principals

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Princeton Forum right now

Search the Princeton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the cheapest hotel/motel in Princeton? 10 min all the money 4
Mercer Christian academy 17 min all the money 38
BB&T Layoffs 19 min Stark Raving Mad 11
Suddenlink internet and cable outage (Jan '11) 59 min bulk 14
Oakvale 1 hr peter 12
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr bacon hater 54,206
loan shark (Aug '12) 2 hr God of War 15
cheap thrills records (Mar '11) 3 hr Fnm 18
•••
•••
•••
Princeton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Princeton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000