Rocky Mount, NC

#1 Mar 1, 2010
Anyone like pitbulls?
none better

United States

#2 Mar 1, 2010
Pitbull wrote:
Anyone like pitbulls?
i loooove my bullies! they are sooo misunderstood! they only fite cuz they are trained 2 do so and they only wanna pleze their masters! and i believe the ones that have fallen into the wrong hands can be reformed...ive done it 2 many times myself! they are babies! if i was rich id have my own rescue! they deserve better than what they get!
skeeter

Lubbock, TX

#3 Mar 2, 2010
agree
agree

Parkersburg, WV

#4 Mar 3, 2010
I agree also!! Some of the sweetest dogs ever!! I really hate how most of them are abused so badly!! Very sad!! I say every1 should own 1!!
pit lover

United States

#5 Mar 4, 2010
none better wrote:
<quoted text>i loooove my bullies! they are sooo misunderstood! they only fite cuz they are trained 2 do so and they only wanna pleze their masters! and i believe the ones that have fallen into the wrong hands can be reformed...ive done it 2 many times myself! they are babies! if i was rich id have my own rescue! they deserve better than what they get!
btw theres always at least 4 at the pound waitin on a 4ever home... idk what it is about the ones that come from there but its as if they know theyv recieved a new lease on life and their love is deeper...mcas wont adopte out one that has issues with other dogs ,cats, or children. they are all truly tested b4 they are allowed 2 enter your home. if u r afraid of this misunderstood gifts...go take a look 4 yourselves...
marie

Beckley, WV

#6 Mar 8, 2010
do you want to buy a pit bull . she is maybe 4 months old and is white with a brown patch over one eye. her name is patches. i want her to go to a good home . i cant have her where i live . $100
love my pit

Beckley, WV

#7 Mar 9, 2010
I have a blue pit and I agree that they are completely misunderstood. Mine is the biggest baby, and thinks he's a lap dog lol. I think if they are treated well and loved they are fine. We have 4 children and he loves them to death. I accually watched a show last night that was about busting pit bull fighters, and it was really sad to see all those poor dogs. They really can be great dogs if they're treated right
sad

Tarboro, NC

#8 Mar 9, 2010
People it's bred into the dogs to protect and actually kill, i've been around alot of pits and sooner or later they snap and bite somebody, it's not there faults it just happens, no way would have one around my kids.
I agree

Bluefield, WV

#9 Mar 9, 2010
sad wrote:
People it's bred into the dogs to protect and actually kill, i've been around alot of pits and sooner or later they snap and bite somebody, it's not there faults it just happens, no way would have one around my kids.
I agree, it's sad really that it's just their nature, but it is just born into them, and dobermans are the same way, not good pets for children, I wouldnt have either around my babies.
I also read an article that says dalmations are another bad pet to have around children at some point they turn to.
pit lover

United States

#10 Mar 9, 2010
i hate that u havent had the chance of knowing these dogs and having them as your best friend.. that makes me sad that u dnt understand them as i said b4... ive had soooo many of these dogs and im talkin starved,fought, abused in every way and never had any problem... i wish people would understand not 2 believe everything u hear... speak from experience,not hearsay...theres not bad dogs just bad owners.
I agree

Bluefield, WV

#11 Mar 9, 2010
pit lover wrote:
i hate that u havent had the chance of knowing these dogs and having them as your best friend.. that makes me sad that u dnt understand them as i said b4... ive had soooo many of these dogs and im talkin starved,fought, abused in every way and never had any problem... i wish people would understand not 2 believe everything u hear... speak from experience,not hearsay...theres not bad dogs just bad owners.
Honey I was speaking from expierence I've owned 2 of them, they were treated like little children they were part of our family.
I mean these dogs had their own room, their own twin beds to sleep in, they got birthday and christmas presents just like the kids!
Well after owning these dogs for 6 years we were all outside playing with them one day and one of them turned on my child who was 6 at the time, so I stepped in and took the attack so my child could get away, I still have scars to show what they did all over my body but the important thing is my child wasnt seriously injured, I like you thought it was just bad owners or in how you treat them but these dogs couldnt have been treated better and when the first one turned the second one followed its just their nature I had to have both dogs put down, and believe it or not even after they attacked me It killed me to have to do that to them but I learned a very valuable lesson through it all.
nathan

Derwood, MD

#12 Sep 4, 2012
If any got a pit let me know ive had 3 an none have ever turned on my kids an ive had them in my car with my kids an they have died due to age
Wondering

Lexington, NC

#13 Sep 4, 2012
The thing is after almost every attack from a pit the owners say they had never done anything like this before. How could anyone with kids take the chance? It was on the news not long ago that this couple brought their newborn baby home from the hospital. The baby was still in the carseat when the Mom went to the bathroom. When she came out just a minute or two later the family pet, a pitbull had mauled the baby to death. It took her a few minutes to even get what was left of the baby away from the dog. I myself had pitbulls before I had my kids but I haven't had once since and will never again.
nathan

Derwood, MD

#14 Sep 4, 2012
If u have a pit need rehomed let me know thanks
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#15 Sep 4, 2012
nathan wrote:
If any got a pit let me know ive had 3 an none have ever turned on my kids an ive had them in my car with my kids an they have died due to age
You're pushing your luck. Forth time may be charm. It's not a matter if they will attack but when. You will have a different attitude about pits when they are wheeling your child off to surgery.
nathan

Derwood, MD

#16 Sep 5, 2012
Never mind learn the breed if u cant then dont get a pit God yall love to start BS on this chat everyday lame
dog lover

Sherbrooke, Canada

#17 Sep 6, 2012
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, it's sad really that it's just their nature, but it is just born into them, and dobermans are the same way, not good pets for children, I wouldnt have either around my babies.
I also read an article that says dalmations are another bad pet to have around children at some point they turn to.
any kind of dog whatever the race is if it wants to turn on you it will it will.this is why there called dogs.dont get me wrong i love dogs but never trust them.whatever the race is.
Lol

Haslet, TX

#18 Sep 6, 2012
sad wrote:
All animals, and people will do this. It has nothing to do with breeding. All on how they are treated and raised.
mountaineers

Bluefield, WV

#19 Sep 19, 2012
the purebred american pit buul terrier is AMERICAS GREATEST WORKING DOG. being EXPLOITED by BACKYARD BREEDERS!,criminals (michael vick),dog fighters (michael vick thug and scumbag). who abise the breeds amazing strenght for their own selfish gain. the american pit bull terrier was used on WW1 posters to symbolize americas strenght,courage,, and loyality. how they are raised is very important for their temperment. Just like alot of people.hell if i was tied up to a tree my whole life i quess i would get pissed off too. They are not for everyone. Just true dog owners that can handle their HIGH ENERGY. is it true that apbt grab and hold on. but what they often grab and fefuse to let go is your HEART. THE MEDIA AND BACKYARD BREEDERS (for profit to make them look like a bully instead of a purebred) ARE KILLING MY TRUE AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER! LET US REMEMBER OUR FORGOTTEN HEROES!
dobies

Hansford, WV

#20 Sep 19, 2012
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, it's sad really that it's just their nature, but it is just born into them, and dobermans are the same way, not good pets for children, I wouldnt have either around my babies.
DObies are excellent pets for children have had them my whole life and never a problem and all my pits never had problems.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is this chic Chelsea weese (Oct '12) 7 min WhiteF250 23
Princeton is being invaded 6 hr Peace 30
Thiefs 7 hr Yeap 4
anybody seen kevin (Jan '13) 7 hr Hmm 32
Where's Weepy? (May '12) 12 hr Weepy 135
Thomas Tyler Hall aka Tom T (Aug '12) 12 hr the west side 60
Glenna 16 hr What was she thin... 7

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance