#2 Apr 21, 2012
1 post removed
Disgusted

Kingsport, TN

#4 Apr 21, 2012
Disgusted

United States

#5 Apr 21, 2012
If some of those links still don't work just Google Todd Whittaker Paving Scam and I'm sure you will find what your looking for.
snap dog

Monroeville, AL

#6 Apr 21, 2012
marcella had sex with me and then she stold my cheeze.
wondering

Chicago, IL

#7 Apr 21, 2012
What are all those website links for i didnt see anything on them
jan

Rupert, WV

#8 Apr 21, 2012
wondering wrote:
EVERYONE please BEWARE of these scammers. They target the elderly, anyone that’s gullible enough to deceive, and vulnerable. As you will be able to read on the links below these scammers claim they have left over asphalt and will give you a discount to repair your driveway or they start on your driveway without informing you and demand money! These scammers are from Princeton, WV and now reside in Johnson City, TN but they prey on all areas from WV through VA and TN. They are a family of "gypsies" by which they call themselves. This is their way of life to get up in the morning to scam as many as they can get daily, and this is a generational tradition in this family that they seem to be so proud of. They use their own language while working, so nobody knows their tricks they are scamming you on while they smile and laugh behind your back how their screwing you over. While complaints continue to mount against this group of pavers they continue to scam and glam as if they don't mind the complaints. After all they are beating the system every day! They all need to be incarcerated. These elderly men and women could be your mom ,dad, grandpa, grandma, etc. getting scammed next. Some in this family are very dangerous and most are thieves. Be cautious because this crew is very street smart, and likeable as if they are just good honest people, until they are screaming demanding money when they get finished with their recipe for disaster. They have had several different company names such as:

DRIVEWAY DOCTORS- a paving operation run by Todd Whittaker and Shane Smith that has been under investigation AGAIN for the same scamming scheme due to complaints.*watch link* www2.tricities.com/news/2010/dec/02/driveway -...*watch link* www2.tricities.com/news/2010/nov/27/piney-fla ......

CONTINUED......
Disgusted
Kingsport, TN
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#32 hrs ago

I saw some links are not working on from the previous post
http://www.scambook.com/browse/index/company/ ...

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2010/dec/02/dr ...

http://www2.tricities.com/news/2010/nov/27/pi ...

http://www.legalnewsline.com/news/228344-pave ...

Predatory Paving: Are You A Victim?
http://www.goblueridge.net/index.php ..
Disgusted

Kingsport, TN

#9 Apr 21, 2012
wondering wrote:
Yeah, most of the links are not working after their copied, but if you want to read about some search Todd Whittaker Paving Scam on Google,Bing,or MSN.
1 post removed
Disgusted

Kingsport, TN

#11 Apr 21, 2012
Scambook complaint-majestic paving/servicemajic 658 princeton rd, johnson city tn 37601 - Other for $34.00 on 10/07/2011 i was to write a check to todd whittaker for $350.00 to do a sealing job on oct. 7,2011 the job was not done so i stopped payment on check oct. 11,2011. todd whittaker came to my house. i did not go to the door because i knew he was furious, so he called me and so did his wife which he told me he was divorced and the very first time he came to my house he asked if he could go to the bathroom i said yes, he came out of the bathroom with his penis sticking out and wanted me to perform oral sex on him. i told him no. so he stayed in touch from time to time still trying.it cost me $34.00 to stop payment on check. i heard him say over the phone as i was telling his wife all of this "THAT I WILL BE SORRY AND I WILL PAY FOR ALL THIS". i callrd the sherrif and reported it.
Disgusted

Kingsport, TN

#12 Apr 21, 2012
Driveway Doctors the focus of SCSO investigation

The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office is investigating Driveway Doctors, a paving operation run by Todd Whittaker and Shane Smith.

According to clerks in Sullivan and Washington counties, Driveway Doctors (or a derivation) does not have a business license on file. State law mandates such a license if they do more than $3,000 worth of business in 12 months.

Jean Sartin said she called Driveway Doctors to have her driveway sealed. Whittaker showed up at her door the following day, told her his crew had asphalt to spare, and asked to pave her driveway.

Sartin said she agreed -- to a price of $400. But when the job was complete, Whittaker and Shane Smith delivered a bill for $4,000.

The trucks and paving equipment Driveway Doctors used are parked outside unit three of 3316 Wayfield Drive in Johnson City.

Property owner Joe Sheffield said he rents that facility to Frank Small.

Small owns Triangle Paving, a company with an 'F' rating on the Better Business Bureau website and several complaints on file in the Sullivan County Clerk's Office. The clerk also has a standing order to refer any new complaints to the SCSO.

The equipment in Small's lot features the name of his paving company, and several others.

Small would not say whether or not Triangle Paving is affiliated with Driveway Doctors.

SCSO Capt. Keith Elton said his office will determine what charges, if any, will be placed to protect [Sartin] and any other possible victims.

"We're looking for anyone else," Elton said.
Disgusted

Kingsport, TN

#13 Apr 21, 2012
Paver stopped in North Carolina
BY KEITH LORIA

RALEIGH, N.C.(Legal Newsline)- North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper announced on Friday that he has ordered a Tennessee-based paving company to stop doing business in North Carolina.

Platinum Paving and its owner, Todd E. Whittaker, allegedly went to houses with offers to pave driveways at discounted prices, claiming that they had materials left over from nearby jobs.

Many times, Cooper alleges, the company began work without authorization, demanding immediate payment once done. In some cases, they even inflicted damage to the property, Cooper says.

Wake County Superior Court Judge Robert H. Hobgood granted a temporary restraining order to stop the company from offering or performing any further residential driveway paving services while the order remains in effect.

Cooper alleges that seniors were often targeted in the deceptive sales and that the work performed by Platinum was often shoddy.

"Problem pavers are popping up across the state, preying on vulnerable seniors," Cooper said. "Don't be fooled by their high-pressure sales pitches and often empty promises."

Under state law, consumers are granted the right to cancel most door-to-door purchases within three days, and the business itself is required to tell the customers of this right.

Cooper's complaint alleges that Whittaker used a pre-printed contract that said the consumers would waive their right to cancel once signed, which is not legal in the state unless it is an emergency situation.

Cooper is also seeking civil penalties and restitution for consumers taken in by their deception.
1 post removed
Disgusted

Kingsport, TN

#15 Apr 21, 2012
Group of pavers under scrutiny in at least three states By: George Jackson | 11 Connects WJHL-tv
Published: December 03, 2010 Updated: December 03, 2010 - 6:58 AM
» 0 Comments | Post a Comment
TENNESSEE:
Complaints continue to mount against a group of pavers at work in East Tennessee.
Martha Nell Estes said Frank Small and his workers scammed her out of $7,000.
On July 12th, Estes was at home. She said her dog, Lily, barked when Small showed up on the porch. Estes said Small introduced himself, told her he had extra blacktop from nearby paving job, and that he had noticed about 20 feet of her driveway was in need of repair.
"They were already putting it on there before I even knew it," Estes said.
Estes told Small she was on a fixed income and did not have any money.
"He said,'Well, it's only five dollars a foot,'" Estes said. "Later, after they had spread it all, he came up with $5,000," she said.
When Estes protested, she said Small offered to spray the rest of her driveway with liquid asphalt at a later date. Small also told her he wanted the $5,000 in cash immediately.
"He scared me," she said. "He threatened me. He was yelling and screaming at me."
Estes said she got in her car and Small tailed her all the way to the Bank of Tennessee.
"He followed me to the bank, walked inside, and sat down in the chair while I got the money," she said.
Estes said someone sprayed her driveway on August 18th, while she was away from home. A man who identified himself as Harry Wells showed up two days later and demanded $2,000.
"He told me he worked for Frank Small," Estes said. She paid him the $2,000.
Capt. Keith Elton said Small's name is on a list of scammers posted in the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office.
Small owns Triangle Paving, a company with a listing in Kingsport, an 'F' rating on the Better Business Bureau website, and several complaints on file in the Sullivan County Clerk's Office. He rents unit three of 3316 Wayfield Drive in Johnson City. A small trailer branded with the Triangle name is parked out back. Paving equipment recently used by a company advertised as Driveway Doctors is parked in front. Other equipment features the names "Majestic Paving" (alongside phone numbers from Southwest Virginia) and "High Country Paving" (alongside phone numbers from Western North Carolina).
Sullivan County Sheriff's Office Inv. Kevin Morrell opened a case involving Driveway Doctors on Wednesday and conducted interviews on Thursday.
continued on next post
Disgusted

Kingsport, TN

#16 Apr 21, 2012
WEST VIRGINIA:
Mercer County W.Va. Sheriff's Office Cpl. S.A. Summers said Small and the proprietors of Driveway Doctors - Shane Smith and Todd Whittaker - all have ties to an area near Princeton W. Va.
Mercer County charged Small with obtaining money by false pretenses in 1991 and 2002.
Small has an extensive criminal record, Summers said.
NORTH CAROLINA:
North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper filed a complaint against Whittaker in Wake County Superior Court on August 12th of 2010. Cooper requested a temporary restraining order.
Those documents name Whittaker as the owner of Platinum Paving.
These are excerpts from investigators' factual background:
1. "It has been defendant's practice to offer the aforementioned driveway paving services to North Carolina homeowners by arriving at their property unannounced."
2. "It has been defendant's practice to claim that he will provide the service at a discount because he already has materials and equipment in the neighborhood."
3. "It has been defendant's frequent and regular practice to target and approach elderly homeowners when offering these services."
4. "Prices for driveway services can fluctuate wildly from one project to another project of comparable size and complexity. Defendant and his agents regularly attempt to secure as high a price as they can from elderly homeowners they have targeted."
5. "Defendant regularly begins paving work before the homeowner signs a preprinted contract or on the same day that homeowner signs a pre-printed contract."
6. "Defendant regularly has failed to attach a Notice of Cancellation form to his contracts, advising that the customer has three days in which to reconsider and cancel the agreement."
7. "It is defendant's regular practice to perform driveway paving jobs in a substandard manner."
Superior Court Judge Robert Hobgood granted the temporary restraining order on August 13th and extended it on August 23rd.
When Whittaker failed to appear in court on September 20th, a judge ordered the following preliminary injunction:
"Defendant, together with all of his employees, agents, representatives, subcontractors and assigns, and any others acting in concert with him who have knowledge hereof, be and hereby preliminarily enjoined and prohibited from performing or offering to perform any driveway paving services for home owners in North Carolina."
Assistant Attorney General David Kirkman filed a motion for entry of default on Thursday because Whittaker, "failed to plead or appear [in court] in the time allowed by law."
Spokeswoman Noelle Talley said the North Carolina Department of Justice is now seeking a permanent default judgement.
"That should be heard by the court early next year," Talley said.
Disgusted

Kingsport, TN

#17 Apr 21, 2012
Platinum Paving Ordered to Cease Residential Work in NC Written by Steve Frank
The NC Attorney General's office has won a court battle against Platinum Paving, a Tennessee firm under investigation with numerous allegations of targeting senior citizens in western North
Carolina. A temporary restraining order was issued in Wake Superior Court Friday by Judge Robert Hobgood, ordering the company to stop doing residential business in the state. The Attorney General’s request granted for the temporary restraining order stops Platinum Pavingand owner Todd E. Whittaker of Washington County, Tennessee from offering or performing any residential driveway paving services while the order remains in effect. Cooper is asking the court to permanently stop the company’s deceptive practices and order it to pay refunds to consumers and civil penalties. The judge cited one specific case involving a Watauga couple,ages 91 & 83, and how they were approached and dealt with in a $14,000 paving project that the couple thought was a $200 repair. Cooper’s complaint also alleges that Whittaker gave consumers a pre-printed contract to sign, usually after he already began the work, which said they had three days to cancel the contract but would waive that right if they signed.The entire press release:A Tennessee paving company known for targeting seniors in the western part of the state has been ordered to stop offering driveway paving services, Attorney General Roy Cooper announced today.“Problem pavers are popping up across the state, preying on vulnerable seniors,” said Cooper.“Don’t be fooled by their high-pressure sales pitches and often empty promises.”Wake County Superior Court Judge Robert H. Hobgood granted Cooper’s request for a temporary restraining order to stop Platinum Paving and owner Todd E. Whittaker of Washington County, Tennessee from offering or performing any residential driveway paving services while the order remains in effect. Cooper is asking the court to permanently stop the company’s deceptive practices and order it to pay refunds to consumers and civil penalties.Like other pavers Cooper’s Consumer Protection Division has gone after in recent years,consumers allege that Platinum Paving showed up at their homes unannounced and offered to pave their driveway at a deep discount using leftover materials from other jobs in the neighborhood.(continued to next post)
Disgusted

Kingsport, TN

#18 Apr 21, 2012
The complaint against Platinum alleges that the company regularly targeted
seniors, charging high prices but performing low quality work. Sometimes, Platinum began paving before the homeowner authorized the work, in some cases causing damage to their property and then demanding immediate payment.North Carolina law gives consumers three days to cancel most door-to-door purchases and requires businesses to notify consumers about their right to cancel. Cooper’s complaint also alleges that Whittaker gave consumers a pre-printed contract to sign, usually after he already began the work, which said they had three days to cancel the contract but would waive that right if they signed. Under North Carolina law, consumers can only waive their right to cancel in certain situations, such as an emergency.An affidavit filed in support of the lawsuit by an elderly couple in Boone illustrates how Platinum Paving operated.The couple, aged 83 and 91, talked to Whittaker about possibly repairing their driveway, a job they expected would cost approximately $200. The next day, Whittaker started paving their entire driveway without their permission. Half-way through the job, he gave them a contract to sign and demanded $14,000. The couple agreed to the price after Whittaker claimed he had given them a $2,500 discount and offered to purchase a piece of farm equipment from the couple. The couple wrote Whittaker a check for $14,000 but later had the bank stop payment after they talked to their son. The next day, Whittaker returned to their home, demanding payment and threatening to file a lawsuit. Finally, Whittaker agreed to take $6,000 and the farmequipment as payment.The couple later got two other estimates for the work and learned that it should not have cost more than $4,400 and was performed poorly.
Wise up

Princeton, WV

#19 Apr 21, 2012
No Paver has Asphault left over, it belongs to the one they are paving for and they usually put it where the "real" owner of the Asphault tells them to.
Also if someone has to come to your house to get your buisness they are usually scammers, no Legal contractor will do that.
I have had work done and got the people here to do it by reference and a job the people done.
There is only one Company in this county"Mercer" that is worth a plug Nickel. And they are the best at what they do, their drive ways are better than the state road and they put effort into it.
They will not talk about another contractor cause the owner says he just don't do it, he does his work and they do theirs. The Smalls are Dipsticks I can name a few but I'll leave it there since the Smalls is the topic here. If they come in my yard they will leave without a radiator in their car and about a pound of 00 buck in their Arse. That includes the Small drive sealors who practically demand they seal your drive. They use anything that is cheep including Kerosene, mixed with paint, you name it. Get a good drive way contractor and he will do the sealing for you, and it might cost a little over $200 but it last about 3 years not 6 months, and the real stuff don't eat up your driveway. Bottum line, if they come knocking answer the door with a 12 gage shotgun and demand them to Exit the property in 3 seconds and tell them 2 of those three is gone.
If they cme here they'll have to do a lot of scamming to get their Scam truck out of the shop, they have been warned by me personally, and so has the rest. I will call when I need work done and it will be by Advertising or by a well known friend, not one of their Kin people in Discuise,, yep the Smalls are as Low as a worm. And don't bother calling the Princeton Police they are kin to them, they might arrest you.
1 post removed
shirley fay smith

Nashville, TN

#21 Apr 22, 2012
Well dovie small while it at it post about u and it counterfit and your season / husband harry small who robbs and. About fell over dead on a motel bath room cause he sniffed his cocain....or you mother and father! Who had to burn down houses and sell their drugs to get what they got today. All u are is a hot blow fish filled with hot air! But for u mentioning my fathers name and my husband's in not just going to post on facebook in.com ing to pound your face in so get ready
cheers

Oakvale, WV

#22 Apr 22, 2012
shirley fay smith wrote:
Well dovie small while it at it post about u and it counterfit and your season / husband harry small who robbs and. About fell over dead on a motel bath room cause he sniffed his cocain....or you mother and father! Who had to burn down houses and sell their drugs to get what they got today. All u are is a hot blow fish filled with hot air! But for u mentioning my fathers name and my husband's in not just going to post on facebook in.com ing to pound your face in so get ready
She don't have sec with someone she's related to does she?
Anonymous

United States

#23 Apr 22, 2012
Shirl, first of all I.never said one thing bout Frank n shane, that's ur lie tell it nyway u want.as far as being scared of u, hahaha, that's a joke. Poe the telletubby please no one is worried bout u or ur threats. Make um a promise. For years u been saying awe ur dead when i c u, well i have seen u plenty of times n I'm still alive. U need to learn to do something then tlj bout it. I'm fourty six, n don't give a shot how young u r of me. I will b waiting for u. C u need to learn don't say ur gonna do something n font do it.do it then tlk bout it. U say ur gonna kick my ass well bring it on. I don't tell u I'm comeing n don't show. I say when we meet I'm goons give u a can of whoop ass. If ur hungry I will give u two cans of whoop ass. I will make sure u don't leave hungry, when u leave I promise u will b full. U say I'm like my moms side of the family, well ur right I am gradual don't take shot from no one. So there fore got ahead n run them telletubby jaws, no one cares.see u can't wait. Sooner the better
really

Princeton, WV

#24 Apr 23, 2012
doviesmall wrote:
Shirl, first of all I.never said one thing bout Frank n shane, that's ur lie tell it nyway u want.as far as being scared of u, hahaha, that's a joke. Poe the telletubby please no one is worried bout u or ur threats. Make um a promise. For years u been saying awe ur dead when i c u, well i have seen u plenty of times n I'm still alive. U need to learn to do something then tlj bout it. I'm fourty six, n don't give a shot how young u r of me. I will b waiting for u. C u need to learn don't say ur gonna do something n font do it.do it then tlk bout it. U say ur gonna kick my ass well bring it on. I don't tell u I'm comeing n don't show. I say when we meet I'm goons give u a can of whoop ass. If ur hungry I will give u two cans of whoop ass. I will make sure u don't leave hungry, when u leave I promise u will b full. U say I'm like my moms side of the family, well ur right I am gradual don't take shot from no one. So there fore got ahead n run them telletubby jaws, no one cares.see u can't wait. Sooner the better
I don't think you have know right to judge anyone.. I have heard for years about your family scamming.. We don't care about scamming in Nc.. We live her and Pctn. and all the smalls, whittakers and anyone scamming are cautioned against all of you!! so why don't you grow up? it just sounds like a personal vendeta to me.. Like I said you are no better. You all walk around town like you are bad as@@@. I have always heard the ones running their mouth are the ones not to worry about!! The quite ones are the ones to worry about.. So get a life and make a honest living!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jace's daddy 11 min Pitiful 21
Ben Edwards 15 min opinion 1
Roger Murphy 34 min biotch 1
Message for America 54 min What aloset 16
Word association 1 hr SWAMP WITCH 253
Last word + 2 (May '12) 1 hr SWAMP WITCH 2,087
Keep a word, drop a word (May '12) 1 hr SWAMP WITCH 4,755
More from around the web

Princeton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE