Ashburn, VA

#103 Jan 31, 2013
Lol, you mad, "bro"?
wvborn

Princeton, WV

#104 Jan 31, 2013
ohwow wrote:
Lol, you mad, "bro"?
not at all. i dont give in to intense emotion.
LMAO

Pearisburg, VA

#105 Jan 31, 2013
This ohwow person gets really intense and takes all this really personal. Wouldn't be surprised if the person behind these post, isnt related to "Kirk" if not possibly Kirk himself!!! SMH
ohwow

Ashburn, VA

#106 Jan 31, 2013
Aww, come on now, you're at least a little bit mad, ain't you, bro?
wvborn

Princeton, WV

#107 Jan 31, 2013
ohwow wrote:
lol about what?
Knows Better

Rupert, WV

#108 Jan 31, 2013
ohwow wrote:
Have you ever noticed that instead of talking about an issue, some people try to hijack the discussion by creating a diversion. It seldom works. In any event, most of us here are outraged that a teacher has engaged in sexual activities with students, and that is the issue.
1 post removed
Knows Better

Rupert, WV

#110 Feb 1, 2013
confused wrote:
What are these girls saying he did? Was it text messages soliciting sex? Sexual contact? Flirting? Etc.....
http://woay.com/News.aspx...
He Who Walks at Midnight

Princeton, WV

#111 Feb 1, 2013
This matter is really being hushed up by Dr. Akers, the school and the local media. I would encourage everyone to attend the meeting. Also, when they go into an Exectutive Session

They will go into Executive Session and try to stay in there as long as possibe because people get fed up and leave. Please bring something to do and wait them out.

The community need answers.
Knows Better

Rupert, WV

#112 Feb 1, 2013
He Who Walks at Midnight wrote:
This matter is really being hushed up by Dr. Akers, the school and the local media. I would encourage everyone to attend the meeting. Also, when they go into an Exectutive Session
They will go into Executive Session and try to stay in there as long as possibe because people get fed up and leave. Please bring something to do and wait them out.
I agree. I assumed that the Board and Dr. Akers took action at their meeting held this past Tuesday evening. Is there another meeting where this matter is to be addressed? I assume if so that it's to be held at the Tech School's Seminar Center, right?
papa

Athens, WV

#113 Feb 1, 2013
Knows Better wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's blaming society? The blame for this sexual exploitation of children is none other than the perpetrator of the acts upon them and perhaps the school administration and others at the school who remained silent for the last several months. Talking about it on Topix does not change the deeds done, but consequences may prevent further incidents in the future. Incidents that are not made public tend to repeat themselves. Child abuse takes place when the public, that is, society, is silent. "Remaining silent in the face of in- justice is the same as supporting it."--Daisaku Ikeda

*applause* loves the quote about remaining silent...
papa

Athens, WV

#114 Feb 1, 2013
He Who Walks at Midnight wrote:

I agree also. I see nothing wrong with people being concerned, I have not heard of another BOE meeting though.
Anonymous

Athens, WV

#115 Feb 1, 2013
He will be well used in prison.... They love child molesters there..... and I promise to let the prison population know when he arrives....
what_what

Saint Paul, MN

#116 Feb 1, 2013
papa wrote:
<quoted text>
*applause* loves the quote about remaining silent...
Well then could you please explain it to me, because I fail to see how it applies to this particular discussion...?
1 post removed
with glee

Rupert, WV

#118 Feb 2, 2013
ohwow wrote:
I don't know why I even bother to attempt to speak with an open mind here. It's painfully obvious that you people are nothing but a bunch of bleeding heart liberals ready to execute this man for something he may not have even done. I suppose you all voted for Obama to be certain your welfare benefits were continued, am I right? I think so!
Bleeding heart Liberals? Do you know what that even means?
MPOV

Bluefield, WV

#119 Feb 2, 2013
This has to be heart wrenching for the family/families of both sides. Goes to show you never realy know a person. Sometimes not even a family member. The court system will deal with this appropriatly I'm sure. We all have heard stories about what has happened. Things do get swept under the rug as one commenter has stated.I do believe he had sexual relations with some of the female students at PV and I don't think it just started this year. I also believe that some other staff members knew and did nothing. Maybe they should resign. Or maybe they were wanting a piece of the action. Who knows?
shocked

Chesapeake, OH

#120 Feb 2, 2013
MPOV wrote:
This has to be heart wrenching for the family/families of both sides. Goes to show you never realy know a person. Sometimes not even a family member. The court system will deal with this appropriatly I'm sure. We all have heard stories about what has happened. Things do get swept under the rug as one commenter has stated.I do believe he had sexual relations with some of the female students at PV and I don't think it just started this year. I also believe that some other staff members knew and did nothing. Maybe they should resign. Or maybe they were wanting a piece of the action. Who knows?
Correct, very heart wrenching for all families involved. I can't imagine what his wife and the parents of the girls are going thru. When I first became aware of the situation, I was hoping it was either false or text messages that crossed the line, but not illegal, immoral, but not illegal; however, after reading comments on here I'm beginning to think there is more to the story than just text messages, I guess time will tell. If you're going to have an affair at least do it with a grown adult. I'm still just in complete shock!
ohwow

Saint Paul, MN

#121 Feb 2, 2013
with glee wrote:
<quoted text>
Bleeding heart Liberals? Do you know what that even means?
Nope. How 'bout you explain it to me, ok?
with glee

Rupert, WV

#122 Feb 2, 2013
ohwow wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. How 'bout you explain it to me, ok?
NO PROBLEM.
A bleeding heart is an informal label applied to someone regarded as excessively sympathetic, liberal in a political sense, or both. It is typically considered a derogatory remark. Etymologically, the term originated as a Christ reference, originally the bleeding heart under a cross, representing the sufferings of Jesus crucified.
An extreme BHL would blame society for this fellow's predicament and aim for rehabilition.
wvborn

Princeton, WV

#123 Feb 2, 2013
with glee wrote:
<quoted text>
NO PROBLEM.
A bleeding heart is an informal label applied to someone regarded as excessively sympathetic, liberal in a political sense, or both. It is typically considered a derogatory remark. Etymologically, the term originated as a Christ reference, originally the bleeding heart under a cross, representing the sufferings of Jesus crucified.
An extreme BHL would blame society for this fellow's predicament and aim for rehabilition.
pedophilia is incurable
ohwow

Saint Paul, MN

#124 Feb 2, 2013
Thanks. Your copy-and-paste skills are remarkable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
band called transit times (Jul '10) 2 hr Moonbeam 334
National Anthem 2 hr standing 4
Lonely Women 2 hr Sex drive 19
The Polished Pinkie Nail Salon 4 hr Rhonda 3
Oakvale Street Racing 5 hr realdeal 30
Family carpet 7 hr Tommy 5
Kelsey graham 9 hr Big daddy T 5

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance