Princeton Senior HighSchool Football ...
Get it right

United States

#49 Sep 7, 2012
common sense wrote:
its the worst defense i have ever seen at pctn. who ever is coaching the defense doesn't know how to coach. adjustments need to be made. whether you liked spadaro or not, his defense never gave up the kind of yardage that has been given up in the last 3 games.
563 yards of offense by Oak Hill! Never expected such a thing was even possible. I thought this game, bluefield and Graham were the easy games. Hate to see the havoc Capital will unleash. Go tigers, find a way to win.
jenny

Altavista, VA

#50 Sep 7, 2012
Good players on the team if he would play them!! U have more than 11.
Really Jenny

Princeton, WV

#51 Sep 8, 2012
If you haven't noticed half the team is out due to injuries with more going out last night from what I can see.....if your player isn't playing then he may not be doing anything to get noticed because looks like they're playing with a lot of second team players already. Going to be a long season.
Armchairx2

Princeton, WV

#52 Sep 8, 2012
armchair wrote:
Everyone knows if you run the spread offense, you can't play iron man football. The defense isn't big enough to stop anyone.
This makes no sense
Whoooa daddy

Demotte, IN

#53 Sep 8, 2012
Injuries and working a new coaches system in so quick isnt easy. The team was forced to handle a coaching change a month or 2 before the season began. Once injuries come in a lot of young players gotta step in quick.

Level 4

Since: Apr 08

Rock, WV.

#54 Sep 8, 2012
From what I've seen their lack of size and speed are hurting them. Then there's the problem they've had for years...poor tackling.
Parent

Oakvale, WV

#55 Sep 8, 2012
They have the talent they are just not using them. They keep the same kids in all the time that is why they have so many injuries. They have players that started for Spadaro last year standing on the sideline. Very POOR COACHING!! Plus from what I hear the coaches like to blame the kids for the loss they tell them it is their fault. Sorry coaches it is not one player that wins or losses a game it is a team sport and takes a team effort and without encouragement and support from the coaches the boys are going to go out feeling defeated before the game even starts.
Talent not there

Saint Paul, MN

#56 Sep 8, 2012
They dont have alot of talent (4 or 5 kids) thats the biggest problem kids are trying but just not enough size or speed.
my opinion

Bluefield, WV

#57 Sep 8, 2012
1st - if a player is injured TAKE HIM OUT to let him heal!
2nd - after so many unsportsmanlike penalties - take the kid out until he learns to control himself!
3rd - how can you build a team when 80% of the team never touches the terf!
cheerleader

Princeton, WV

#58 Sep 8, 2012
Gooooooooooooo tigers!!! WE are the best@!!!!!!!!!
Go tigers

United States

#59 Sep 9, 2012
Talent not there wrote:
They dont have alot of talent (4 or 5 kids) thats the biggest problem kids are trying but just not enough size or speed.
Not enough size, watched game on WV network lastnight, line and linebackers are huge. Much bigger than Oak Hill or Bluefield. It does take a team effort and coaching up. Looked like same few players playing both sides ball plus alot of special teams and they have been starters in the earlier games this year.
Half team not out injured as someone said. News mentioned 3, 3 out of 77?!? Guess it is according to who you think is half team. One player out, is out every year. Good luck Tigers! Let's beat Capital
Talent not there

Saint Paul, MN

#60 Sep 9, 2012
Ok not enough talented size big with no footwork doesnt help much, Im not trashing the kids I am rooting for them 100% thats why I won't get into specifics. Coach knew when he took the job thet wouldn't be very good, give him some time to turn it around but it will be a process that takes many years before they are competetive its just a fact.
1 post removed
why

Minneapolis, MN

#62 Sep 9, 2012
Why don't they let the Perdue kid have a chance at QB? It's not like they are winning with Palmer.
Wondering

Huntington, WV

#63 Sep 10, 2012
The make no adjustments off their base defense. No matter what the offense is doing they do not react and just run the base defense. That might work in middle school but it ain't gonna get it at the high school level.
Exactly

Springfield, NJ

#64 Sep 10, 2012
Wondering wrote:
The make no adjustments off their base defense. No matter what the offense is doing they do not react and just run the base defense. That might work in middle school but it ain't gonna get it at the high school level.
Great point! My son plays at Bluefield and even coach Simon doesn't ever stray from his base defense. On offense they will use 1 or 2 formations and they're not hard to pick up on. The thing is these coaches think the kids aren't smart enough to adapt. My son has played since he was 6, I coached his teams for years and we ran different sets on both sides of the ball. I played from age 8 to 20. for coaches who worked as coal miners. We ran as many as 4 defenses ranging from 6-2 to a 3-4 with a strong safety. And multiple offenses. These coaches think kids are idiots when they learned more than they even know.
Parent

Oakvale, WV

#65 Sep 12, 2012
Sad to say but I do not feel like the team will win a game this year not unless some major changes happen.
common sense

Princeton, WV

#66 Sep 12, 2012
why wrote:
Why don't they let the Perdue kid have a chance at QB? It's not like they are winning with Palmer.
why would you replace palmer he has done everything he has been asked to do. if anything they have him trying to do to much. they are having him run the ball to much.
Titan10

Springfield, NJ

#67 Sep 12, 2012
I think you guys just got to much time on your hands! No this year will not be a good year for Princeton football far as wins and loses but it's not a overnight process u have to teach and mold the kids into your brand of football and teach them the fundamentals that apply to your schemes on the field it's going to take more than 6 weeks to do that it sucks for the seniors but it is what it is! But for parents to be on here blasting there kids coach for not playing them or for the lack of wins maybe you should give the guy time and get this turned around don't blame him blame the former coach for waiting 2 weeks before the season to resign! He will turn it around just have to give him time
Lets go Tigers

United States

#68 Sep 14, 2012
What happened at Capital? 49-7! Radio said -17 yards till 4th when subs went in for Capital. What's up with Mercy Rule! Never knew AAA conference games had mercy rule to allow clock to run nonstop! Better luck next week. Let's go Tigers!
Mercy

Oakvale, WV

#69 Sep 14, 2012
I think the mercy rule is new from what I have heard if a team is down by 35 points going into the 4th they don't stop the clock.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***"prayer line topic"*** (Nov '11) 2 min COOTERDOG 57,092
Anyone know brandy? (Nov '11) 1 hr Haha 20
exotic illusions (Oct '12) 2 hr Wellmannered 51
Mercer Mall Is Set To Close On September 15th 3 hr Yep 11
Vapers renorse 3 hr DJ Wolfman Mike 14
Any place hiring 3 hr Singlemom 1
is mercer mall closing? 4 hr goth chick 12

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance