What age girl is to young for a 38 ye...

What age girl is to young for a 38 year old man?

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Curious

Beckley, WV

#1 Apr 20, 2011
I think its disgusting a 38 year old dating or even looking at a 20-25 year old. Am I just old fashion or is it truely not right?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
VirginiaSue

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Apr 20, 2011
Well I think it depends. When I was 23 I fell hard for a 38 year old. It wasnt until i was 25 that he would even conSider me. We married when i was 27. Been together for 20 years.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Curious

Beckley, WV

#3 Apr 20, 2011
There was several years between my parents and they were married for 34 years before my dad passed away but things have changed so much in the past 20 years. I just feel jn todays society when a man of this age will not even consider a woman his age and focusen in young girls is not right maybe Im wrong but I am a mother and Id be very upset if my 18 year old came in with a man my age.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Just sayin

Beckley, WV

#4 Apr 20, 2011
As a mother I would have to agree. However there is a 15 year age gap between me and my husband. My mom is only 4 years older than him so looking at that perspective I don't know. I guess it would just be a judgment call. Not all guys that are older than the female are total pervs though some are, just like not all young women are immature, some are more mature for their age. I guess it would just be judgment on what you feel.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 1

Since: Apr 11

Tha County

#5 Apr 20, 2011
As far as I'm concerned, as long as both parties are of legal age then it isn't anybody's business but theirs. Wondering whether or not other people agree with you that it's wrong is utterly pointless, because the bottom line is that it isn't for you or anyone else to judge what they do in their own lives.

My God, if pontificating about the love lives of other people is the best we can do with our free time, then it's no damn wonder our country and the world is in the sorry state it is currently in.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Just sayin

Beckley, WV

#6 Apr 21, 2011
Simple_Man77 wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, as long as both parties are of legal age then it isn't anybody's business but theirs. Wondering whether or not other people agree with you that it's wrong is utterly pointless, because the bottom line is that it isn't for you or anyone else to judge what they do in their own lives.
My God, if pontificating about the love lives of other people is the best we can do with our free time, then it's no damn wonder our country and the world is in the sorry state it is currently in.
This is true. I was always told age is but a number. I agree is they are legal consenting age it really shouldn't matter. Like I said my husband is 15 years older than me but we have been married for 13 years now. It is about what makes you happy.
courious

Beckley, WV

#7 Apr 21, 2011
Simple_Man77 wrote:
Theres more to it than what I can say but you as a male do you just focuse on younger girls I just want to know is it normal to do so?
1 post removed

Level 1

Since: Apr 11

Tha County

#9 Apr 21, 2011
courious wrote:
<quoted text>Theres more to it than what I can say but you as a male do you just focuse on younger girls I just want to know is it normal to do so?
Personally, I have dated mostly younger women, but only by two or three years -- to me, that might as well be the same age -- and a few have even been a year or two older than me. A lot of guys do like younger women, especially older guys, sometimes because it is reaffirming to their sense of virility and sometimes for purely physical reasons. Other times, it's just a simple case where you can't control who you fall in love with.

Now, if you want to get me started on a whole different tangent, then we could discuss the biological implications of why men are attracted to younger women, why women are attracted to tall, strong men (bet you didn't know that it was because of your DNA, did you?), why men are attracted to women of certain body types, etc.? But, I'm sensing from your comments that you're more worried about the psychological and emotional side. Am I correct?
2 posts removed
Wang

United States

#12 Apr 21, 2011
Divide his age by 2 then add 7. Of course this involves math so it is over the heads of most of the Mercer County population.
roflmao

Bluefield, WV

#13 Apr 21, 2011
skychild wrote:
PUT IT THIS WAY IF HE CAME AFTER MY TWENTY SOMETTHING DAUGHTER, HIS WANG WOULDNT BE WORKING
if she's twentysomething then that's her own dam business.
LLC

Bluefield, VA

#14 Apr 21, 2011
My husband is 12 years older than me and it took awhile for my parents to except it but they came around and understood that we were in love. I got married at 18. And i am the happiest i have ever been. i have never been attracted to guys around my age because they were never mature and acted like children. I am and was mature for my age and i get that from my father. But i mean if the people are in love it isn't anyone else s business it's there life not yours. Especially if they are 18 or older you legally have no say in what they do. And no control.
souptime

United States

#15 Apr 21, 2011
In September my 26 yr old daughter is getting married to a 40 year old man who has 2 children. She is a college educated adult who has repeatidly proved her abilities to make good decisions and take charge of her own life. I dont pay her bills or tell her what to do or not do in any venue of her life..so why would it be any of my business how old her husband is so long as she is happy and he treats her good? Anyone who makes the rules for other people are setting themselves up for a battle that is better left alone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Paul Crew

Bluefield, WV

#16 Apr 21, 2011
Women that marry older men suffer from an attraction to their own father much like many men marry women extremely similar to their mothers. It's creepy if you ask me. I'm 40 and I wouldn't consider a woman under 30, besides the fact that the under 30 generation is one of the worst generations to go through school in the United States which makes them spoiled and incredibly stupid. A lot of men also need to understand that women don't mature sexually fully until they are 25. 1 in 6 women under 18 can have an orgasm and it slowly moves up to 5 out of 6 when they are 25, the other 1 in 6 can never fully enjoy sex. Men mature sexually the second that thing shoots a load and it's all downhill from there.
Gross

Beckley, WV

#17 Apr 21, 2011
I know a dad thats very protective of his 16 year old daughter buts is dating an 18 year old when you go to his facebook and myspace its full of 18 20 year old I just think its gross I am 17 and this is my friends dad I dont feel comfortable around him its creepy.
wv girl

Sabattus, ME

#18 Apr 21, 2011
I am almost 27 and i just married a 42 yr old. He has been the best thing that happened 2 me.And treats me better than anyone has in the past. And we are now expecting a child Go with what ever makes u happy!!!!
nicky

United States

#19 Apr 21, 2011
My husband is complele opposite of my dad and that's why I married him we are 12yrs apart and have been together for 16years. I think you are full of it. it has nothing to do with my dad. I agree about the generation but it depends on the person. I was deff not spoiled now kids born in the late 80s deff are. But there are a few that are exception its whatever makes you happy.
Paul Crew wrote:
Women that marry older men suffer from an attraction to their own father much like many men marry women extremely similar to their mothers. It's creepy if you ask me. I'm 40 and I wouldn't consider a woman under 30, besides the fact that the under 30 generation is one of the worst generations to go through school in the United States which makes them spoiled and incredibly stupid. A lot of men also need to understand that women don't mature sexually fully until they are 25. 1 in 6 women under 18 can have an orgasm and it slowly moves up to 5 out of 6 when they are 25, the other 1 in 6 can never fully enjoy sex. Men mature sexually the second that thing shoots a load and it's all downhill from there.
nicky

United States

#20 Apr 21, 2011
Congratulations on your baby. Age doesn't matter and like I told the guy it has been 16 years of marriage and we get along great and have a wonderful life we are 12 yrs apart sounds like he is just jealous.
wv girl wrote:
I am almost 27 and i just married a 42 yr old. He has been the best thing that happened 2 me.And treats me better than anyone has in the past. And we are now expecting a child Go with what ever makes u happy!!!!
personally

United States

#21 Apr 21, 2011
when i was 20 i met the love of my life.he was 39.ive never felt the way i did about him.it was very pure,very real.ive always been mature for my age and fended for myself,and i was cautious at first with him.i think it all depends on the people involved,and why they get involved.ours was never about sex,it was about a committment to one another.sadly he passed away since then and i can honestly say he was a great man and will never be forgotten.
web ghost

Tarboro, NC

#22 Apr 21, 2011
wv girl wrote:
have a nice time tryin to explain that to your kid when it gets older and wants to know why his dad is the same age as his grandpa. and all the harasment from the kids at school they will get becuase there mom is young and the dad is some old man it isnt fair trust me my mom is 30 and my dad is 60 just like your situation its hell on the kids and it mental damages them or life over your mistakes you may not see it now but you will see that was the biggest mistake of yours and that kids life
roflmao

Dallas, TX

#23 Apr 21, 2011
and what kinda damages will it cause?
web ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
have a nice time tryin to explain that to your kid when it gets older and wants to know why his dad is the same age as his grandpa. and all the harasment from the kids at school they will get becuase there mom is young and the dad is some old man it isnt fair trust me my mom is 30 and my dad is 60 just like your situation its hell on the kids and it mental damages them or life over your mistakes you may not see it now but you will see that was the biggest mistake of yours and that kids life

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
just gonna leave this right here 7 min Hochi Min 1
candace rae (Mar '12) 16 min SISSY 3
Open CPS case and possibly pregnant again 1 hr Shanaw 2
Anne Pennington 1 hr Lol 5
Wickham Ave Hooker 1 hr Batman 56
Hot blonde at Bojangles 1 hr Anonymous5 5
No Personality 1 hr Sam 2

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance