duh

Princeton, WV

#44 Dec 26, 2012
thankful mom wrote:
my son is clean from drugs, thanks to suboxone. He takes nothing now. There was a clinic in Bluefield; Dr Hamm, a lady doctor.
Suboxone is a DRUG. Is he off it? if not he is still on DRUGS. and if he says he is off it...how do you know? it takes a special drug screen to know. this is no different than methadone. They have found a way to inject the strips, snort them, etc. In other words ABUSE or change chemical structure where you don't get sick while using other opiates.

YOU CAN BUY THEM ON STREET! If he has same ole friends, probably sharing their suboxone. Wake up they either quit or not. No miracle drugs needed. They gotta want to.

As for suboxone. Its a joke, if not Why are the withdrawals from it much more severe than most other opiates.

Google Suboxone Abuse. It's there, FACTS.

so is he clean? I know a woman who told me a friend of her's son was on suboxone, self tapered off them. claims he is clean. yet for last 6 months, a gf has provided his needs, like coming to his house while mom worked. Now that guy drives her to peddle her "wares" . I pray it's not your son.
Earl Wayne

Lerona, WV

#45 Dec 26, 2012
Just another dope head. If he was clean he wouldn't need anything.
jenna

Princeton, WV

#46 Dec 26, 2012
Suboxone helps (while you are on it) when u cone off of it, though, cravings begin to come back. (only speaking from personal experience)
The Truth

Bluefield, WV

#47 Dec 26, 2012
Ignorance wrote:
Funny, the new miracle drug is Suboxone...of course Methadone isn't top rated any longer. Well, here's my horror story: I fought my addiction with Suboxone and sure it helps but guess what, I could still get high on Coke or Crack or a few other drugs of choice...but it made it all the better for my significant other who isn't an addict. I had them thinking I was doing great and turning around still doing the same things I was doing before Suboxone came along. Oh, it gave me energy, the energy I needed to get up and go hunt my high for that day. Then came the time my partner found out about my little schemes and left me, it was time to really get clean. Laid on my parents couch for two weeks, talked to an awesome counselor at Southern Highlands (the only male there) and paid for everything I did during that time, believe that! My counselor even told me that the hardest addiction I had to kick was my addiction to Suboxone and that's what took the longest and caused me the worst thoughts, pain and sickness. Talk to a professional that has a different opinion on Suboxone and get the facts before just thinking it's a miracle drug to keep ya clean. You have to change your way of thinking and if you really want it bad enough you can make it through it with some help that you have to take the time to find and work at. Your replacing one drug for another and trust and believe, Suboxone is harder than any other drug out there to withdraw from. Do your homework before just running to get a script. I wish all of you the best of luck.

You are so right I have been through all of this. Suboxone is the hardest drug to come off of. Kelli I totally disagree with you. I feel like recovery is CLEAN. You may not look like an addict but you still are sorry to put it to you like this, but the truth is the truth I too was addicted for 16 years and can HONESTLY say that I am in recovery and am living a normal life.
yelp

Derwood, MD

#48 Dec 26, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right I have been through all of this. Suboxone is the hardest drug to come off of. Kelli I totally disagree with you. I feel like recovery is CLEAN. You may not look like an addict but you still are sorry to put it to you like this, but the truth is the truth I too was addicted for 16 years and can HONESTLY say that I am in recovery and am living a normal life.
well said. I Googled suboxone abuse,, crap that stuff is bad... long term ur life is bought and paid for by the same need of a fix. Legally
Earl Wayne

Lerona, WV

#49 Dec 26, 2012
Just a bunch of junkies. Might as well stay on the pills.
loveit

Princeton, WV

#50 Dec 27, 2012
I LOVE IT!!!!!! Stay high if abuse it. Keeps me out of jail while on probation.
marbles

Washington, DC

#51 Dec 27, 2012
jenna wrote:
Suboxone helps (while you are on it) when u cone off of it, though, cravings begin to come back.(only speaking from personal experience)
r u on it
jenna

Princeton, WV

#52 Dec 27, 2012
marbles wrote:
<quoted text>r u on it
I can't lie, yes I am. But i'm not proud of it. I keep trying to come off of it. I wish it weren't so hard for me. I suppose I would if I really wanted it bad enough.
marbles

Derwood, MD

#53 Dec 28, 2012
jenna wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't lie, yes I am. But i'm not proud of it. I keep trying to come off of it. I wish it weren't so hard for me. I suppose I would if I really wanted it bad enough.
you just haven't found nothing you loved more than drugs yet is the problem.
huh

Princeton, WV

#54 Dec 28, 2012
Just how the ways is it abused or sold since they are coded..... a parent wants to know
jenna

Princeton, WV

#55 Dec 29, 2012
marbles wrote:
<quoted text>you just haven't found nothing you loved more than drugs yet is the problem.
That is def untrue. I love many things more than drugs. Im just very insecure. I don't trust myself without a blocker. Its just kind of like my security blanket. If I could go back, though, id prob just stock with cold turkey.
marbles

Washington, DC

#56 Dec 29, 2012
jenna wrote:
<quoted text>
That is def untrue. I love many things more than drugs. Im just very insecure. I don't trust myself without a blocker. Its just kind of like my security blanket. If I could go back, though, id prob just stock with cold turkey.
you know that if you need a blocker a person that is a somebody that loves you they are better than any blocker or pill or ole friends
Earl

Bluefield, WV

#57 Dec 29, 2012
You love nothing or nobody. If you did you'd stop being a part of the problem.
professional

Princeton, WV

#58 Dec 29, 2012
I'd like to start by saying I have been in recovery for over 10 years, and although I have never taken suboxone, or any other replacement therapy, I am a strong supporter of it. I don't work at a rehab, clinic, or any other facility that may have an interest in supporting replacement therapy. I do; however, hold a masters degree in counseling and several certifications.
Having said that I feel comfortable stating that addiction is a complicated disease that requires many different approaches to treat. It would be wise to educate yourself on addiction and the treatment thereof before making blanket statements about individuals who are trying to better themselves. I ask you this: is a person weak, because they don't possess the ability to lower their own blood pressure through diet and exercise, or what about a person who eats healthy, and manages their lifestyle, but still must take insulin to control glucose levels in their blood? My point is that once a person uses to the point that substance abuse disorder has manifested in the brain the chemical structure of the brain changes (no one knows when this occurs, it may be the first time for some, or may occur after many years of abuse for others) and that individual needs therapy in order to reverse the affects of the diseased addicted brain. For many recovery can occur through traditional therapy and simple lifestyle changes; however, for some, just as in the cases with diabetics who need insulin to control diabetes even with diet and lifestyle changes, need medication to control the symptoms of addiction. Also, just as in many cases of many other diseases after an elapsed time medicinal measures may be reduced, while it may also remain an essential tool in treating the disease.
Earl

Springfield, NJ

#59 Dec 29, 2012
I don't need a PHD to know that junkies are weak willed people.
Janice

Springfield, NJ

#60 Dec 29, 2012
kellidawnd wrote:
I have taken Suboxone for about 3 years. It has been a miracle drug for me and my family.
3 years and you are still on them. You are not trying to get off of drugs you are just looking for one you can get on paper. Say no to drugs
Earl

Princeton, WV

#61 Dec 29, 2012
Why even bother with suboxone or methodone. It cost more to get in long run. it would only take 18hrs for my drug of choice to clear my system. Nobody drug test on weekends or at late evening. Id be clean before test da job employment screenings in mornings if name called. I would only do Suboxone just gets me thru night and early morn if i have to.
been there

United States

#62 Dec 29, 2012
Suboxone will save ur life. Its also hard to get off of but its doesn't even compare to oxy. For me it takes away even the desire to use. Try dr jafarey in beckley. Maybe he is accepting now. Dunno. Good luck.
stillhuman

Lewisburg, WV

#63 Dec 29, 2012
Suboxone is a good START. Beats Methadone dependance because you CAN stop Suboxone and move on but it takes more than the Medication itself. That being said,Suboxone/Subutex does not work with everyone and can have adverse affects. Addiction is and has been a major problem throughout Human History,specifically "opium" related substances and medications. WE NEED better Meds,Methadone was made in Germany in the 30's and approved in 1958! And after ALL these years we can't come up with nothing better than Methadone that has terrible affects on Patients or Suboxone that doesn't work very often. I guess we could lock everybody up and take their kids and some need it but this problem is WAY too big to put a Stereotype on it anymore. Of course NOBODY will agree because you think this is "political" but it's just common sense,something that has NOTHING to do with POLITICS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the beautiful red head in the silver For... 30 min Tommy 3
All Area Athiest Need To Come Together And Stop... 3 hr shotingdeerforfun 107
Emma 5 hr Chad 1
Brandon at Dannys 12 hr interested 1
Stealing out of people's cars 13 hr Shaquitta 15
Check the archives... 16 hr GetRealHighonPot 5
Hot Redheads 17 hr Bennettj 12

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance