Gun Insurance-Great Idea!

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sid

Princeton, WV

#1 Feb 6, 2013
Gun owners, above most everything besides the Second Amendment argument, posit that the problems with gun violence are not due to “responsible” gun owners…it is always them, the other guy – criminals, the mentally unstable, well…you know, THEM. The foundation of their argument is that they, the beleaguered, hounded, falsely blamed, honest, hardworking gun owners, are completely upright and responsible…they are just not the problem. EVER.

Seven states – California, New York, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Colorado – have, in the past month, introduced bills to have gun owners put their money where their mouth is: liability insurance for their firearms, codifying that responsibility if their firearms are used incorrectly – used by children who find them, by criminals who easily steal them; by people to whom they sell them without requiring a background check.
joe

United States

#2 Feb 6, 2013
Look at what is happening in Chicago with all of the strict gun laws. What will u do when government guns end up on the street and criminals get them. Look at Mexico is there gun laws helping them. I don't want insurance on my guns. that will a list where thay will track gun owners. That is y l am not a nra member. No one will get my guns except my kids when they r past down after my death. Everyone wants to make money off of us and it is time to put a stop to it.
Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3 Feb 6, 2013
sid wrote:
Gun owners, above most everything besides the Second Amendment argument, posit that the problems with gun violence are not due to “responsible” gun owners…it is always them, the other guy – criminals, the mentally unstable, well…you know, THEM. The foundation of their argument is that they, the beleaguered, hounded, falsely blamed, honest, hardworking gun owners, are completely upright and responsible…they are just not the problem. EVER.
Seven states – California, New York, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and Colorado – have, in the past month, introduced bills to have gun owners put their money where their mouth is: liability insurance for their firearms, codifying that responsibility if their firearms are used incorrectly – used by children who find them, by criminals who easily steal them; by people to whom they sell them without requiring a background check.
Following this line of thinking, parents should be forced to buy 'dumb stuff kids do' insurance to cover their offspring's awful, and sometimes criminal, behavior.
Fubar

Peterstown, WV

#4 Feb 6, 2013
How would this solve anything? Just like obamas gun control,it wont work
sid

Princeton, WV

#5 Feb 7, 2013
We all know that cars are consumer items, with lots of great features and often fun to drive. But they are heavy projectiles that can, in the wrong hands, do a lot of damage. Liability insurance makes car owners more careful about who drives their car, and when and in what condition.

Requiring separate liability insurance for each gun, at the point of purchase, will hold gun owners responsible for where their gun is and who is using it.(I'm talking about a policy that covers weapons specifically, rather than merely grouping them under umbrella insurance). It will encourage owners to buy safety locks, and to stow their weapons carefully, and probably separately from their ammunition. It may also slow the stockpiling of weapons, which has been a frightening development in recent years.
Fubar

United States

#6 Feb 7, 2013
sid wrote:
We all know that cars are consumer items, with lots of great features and often fun to drive. But they are heavy projectiles that can, in the wrong hands, do a lot of damage. Liability insurance makes car owners more careful about who drives their car, and when and in what condition.
Requiring separate liability insurance for each gun, at the point of purchase, will hold gun owners responsible for where their gun is and who is using it.(I'm talking about a policy that covers weapons specifically, rather than merely grouping them under umbrella insurance). It will encourage owners to buy safety locks, and to stow their weapons carefully, and probably separately from their ammunition. It may also slow the stockpiling of weapons, which has been a frightening development in recent years.
so what if somebody breaks in ur home while ur not there and steals them and commits a murder and now ur responsible for sumthin u had no control over... Ur a moron its bc ppl like u that this country is gone to hell you give the.gov ernment an inch and they take a mile..y dont u just write a statement saying theg can take all ur rights and freedoms,seeing how u obviously dont respect them..
Mountaineer Freedom

Haslet, TX

#7 Feb 7, 2013
I'm not obeying any laws that are unconstitutional.
true

Chesapeake, OH

#8 Feb 7, 2013
The new civil war is coming
Better get ready
1 post removed
fubar

Peterstown, WV

#10 Feb 7, 2013
the most effective way to destroy a nation is within itself.
true

Chesapeake, OH

#11 Feb 7, 2013
When our government turns on its people and the people turn on each other we will be taken over by North Korea or Iran
Are you secure with your government
joe

United States

#12 Feb 7, 2013
U have insurance on cars because u drive on government owned roads. When I drive on my farm I don't have to have insurance. So way would have insurance on guns in my home. By the way home owners insurance covers your guns anyway. I like my guns loaded and easy to get to so if someone breaks in my home I can fill them full of lead. If someone trys to hurt my family I will put them down gun laws or no gun laws
Joe Biden

United States

#13 Feb 7, 2013
true wrote:
When our government turns on its people and the people turn on each other we will be taken over by North Korea or Iran
Are you secure with your government
Get you a good shotgun, that will fend off any Iranians or North Koreans!
true

Chesapeake, OH

#14 Feb 7, 2013
Only if you can find shells
BDJ

Rupert, WV

#15 Feb 7, 2013
I'm already insurance poor: car, home, property, health, life, dentist, vision, cancer. What the heck, make it one more.
sid

Princeton, WV

#16 Feb 7, 2013
How ignorant to think that if "any" government comes after you, that "any" weapon that any individual may possess will matter in the slightest. How will a gun fight a dirty bomb, or any of the very many, chemical or biological weapons? When they freeze your credit or your bank account, who will you shoot for that?
true

Chesapeake, OH

#17 Feb 7, 2013
The biggest battle will be between those who have and those who want
fubar

Peterstown, WV

#18 Feb 7, 2013
sid wrote:
How ignorant to think that if "any" government comes after you, that "any" weapon that any individual may possess will matter in the slightest. How will a gun fight a dirty bomb, or any of the very many, chemical or biological weapons? When they freeze your credit or your bank account, who will you shoot for that?
your the idiot,what sane human being would give up there god givin right its not just protecting ourselfs,its the fact that my grandparents,Your grandparents fought wars and sacraficed there live to protect the freedoms we have today and to just lay down and give them up is dissrespectfull to alltho's who served our war,obama is firing military personel bc the wont fire on american citizens,sherriffs have stated to to uphold the new gun laws they are willing to pass and one inWV allready wrote him a letter stating that,weather or not the pass a gun ban or not americans will still arm themselfs and ther are allready million of guns including assault weapons in the U.S and do you really think we are gonna just hand them over that easy,they will have to pry it out of our cold dead hands after ive taken a few out myself. there are people all over the world that would lov to have the freedoms we have but our government is hell bent on taking them away and its people like you the moron's and idiots who throw them away like there nothing. 1st its freedom of religon,next its the right to bear arms,next thing you know your stripped of every right you had like i said give them an inch and they take a mile..becareful what u wish for you just might get it..
interested

Princeton, WV

#19 Feb 7, 2013
Mountaineer Freedom wrote:
The Constitution says I have a right to own guns.

Yes it does, but for some reason gun advocates think that the right to bear arms is the only constitutional right that is virtually without limit. You have the right to practice your religion, but not if your religion involves human sacrifice. You have the right to free speech, but you can still be prosecuted for incitement or conspiracy, and you can be sued for libel. Every right is subject to limitation when it begins to threaten others, and the Supreme Court has affirmed that even though there is an individual right to gun ownership, the government can put reasonable restrictions on that right.

And we all know that if this shooter turns out to have a Muslim name, plenty of Americans, including plenty of gun owners, will be more than happy to give up all kinds of rights in the name of fighting terrorism. Have the government read my email? Have my cell phone company turn over my call records? Check which books I'm taking out of the library? Make me take my shoes off before getting on a plane, just because some idiot tried to blow up his sneakers? Sure, do what you've got to do. But don't make it harder to buy thousands of rounds of ammunition, because if we couldn't do that we'd no longer be free.
Edward

Hillsboro, WV

#20 Feb 7, 2013
Mountaineer Freedom wrote:
I'd bet good money you already do.
sid

Princeton, WV

#21 Feb 8, 2013
Something that makes zero sense is how people who love God could EVER make the Constitution the center of their argument. For the past several years, I’ve been disappointed by this tendency that I see in many sectors of conservative evangelicalism. And when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, do we really have to elevate it as though it were holy writ? If you believe that gun ownership is a “right,” show us that through the Scriptures, specifically through solid narrative/historical exegesis of the New Testament. After all, it’s not like the Amendment is the lost ending to the Gospel of Mark that has kept theologians scratching their heads for centuries. This is a law made by a pagan nation – let’s treat it as such
fubar wrote:
<quoted text>your the idiot,what sane human being would give up there god givin right its not just protecting ourselfs,its the fact that my grandparents,Your grandparents fought wars and sacraficed there live to protect the freedoms we have today and to just lay down and give them up is dissrespectfull to alltho's who served our war,obama is firing military personel bc the wont fire on american citizens,sherriffs have stated to to uphold the new gun laws they are willing to pass and one inWV allready wrote him a letter stating that,weather or not the pass a gun ban or not americans will still arm themselfs and ther are allready million of guns including assault weapons in the U.S and do you really think we are gonna just hand them over that easy,they will have to pry it out of our cold dead hands after ive taken a few out myself. there are people all over the world that would lov to have the freedoms we have but our government is hell bent on taking them away and its people like you the moron's and idiots who throw them away like there nothing. 1st its freedom of religon,next its the right to bear arms,next thing you know your stripped of every right you had like i said give them an inch and they take a mile..becareful what u wish for you just might get it..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
free school supplies??? (Jul '15) 1 hr Ruthie 17
Spanishburg school (Sep '13) 1 hr Ruthie 41
Possible positives if Cole is elected? 1 hr Ruthie 29
Thanks Princeton Christians 1 hr Ruthie 10
is mercer mall closing? 1 hr Ruthie 13
Any place hiring 1 hr Ruthie 3
Mercer Mall Is Set To Close On September 15th 1 hr Ruthie 18
***"prayer line topic"*** (Nov '11) 2 hr _Susan_ 57,718

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web