small businesses always closing in Pr...

small businesses always closing in Princeton

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jsm

Wautoma, WI

#1 Apr 9, 2014
Many cities have grants available to *small* business owners so they can stay open and maybe even get ahead. As far as I know, Princeton does NOT. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if not...why doesn't Princeton assist it's business owners? I'm sure most of them would be happy just to break even. It's common sense that it is in the best interest of the city for numerous reasons.

(I'm not talking about huge franchises like Dollar General that put local places out of business.)
OMG

Madison, WI

#2 Apr 9, 2014
jsm wrote:
Many cities have grants available to *small* business owners so they can stay open and maybe even get ahead. As far as I know, Princeton does NOT. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if not...why doesn't Princeton assist it's business owners? I'm sure most of them would be happy just to break even. It's common sense that it is in the best interest of the city for numerous reasons.
(I'm not talking about huge franchises like Dollar General that put local places out of business.)
What a surprise that you wouldn't know the realities of what's going on. The Princeton City Council had a "Facade Improvement" program last year. To help business owners repair and spruce up their shops. Matching dollar for dollar up to a preset maximum. Several viable businesses applied for and were given these funds.
I think it's cute the way you cut out the huge franchises like Dollar General and say they put local places out of business. LOL! I'll ask you this question, what would Princeton look like with no "franchises"? I'll give you a hint, you couldn't buy groceries, get gas without those wicked franchises. Mom and Pop gas stations couldn't afford the updates mandated to underground tanks. Thank goodness those franchises like Kwik Trip, Mobil and BP came in and could manage to update. Could you imagine a grocery bill for an unaffiliated grocery store. No sales, no bulk buying, no sales ads. JSM it must be nice to bury you head in the sand like an ostrich and not know what's going on. Oh and by the way..... I'm still not a cop, just an informed citizen. Why don't you try getting you facts straight before you spew again. I shouldn't always have to come on here to correct your ignorance.
jsm

Wautoma, WI

#3 Apr 9, 2014
Did I not say "correct me if I'm wrong?"

I don't even live in Princeton right now, but I own a house there, so I'll talk about it if I want to. I happened to hear a business owner, IN PRINCETON, complaining...and actually some of it was about how it must be nice to be one of your beloved police, which I wasn't even going to mention, but YOU brought them up, so fine, let's go with it!

Since you're such an informed citizen...how about you list these several viable businesses?...because it certainly was NOT the business owner I heard talking. Maybe you can do it with less napoleon complex/cop-like attitude? but, I doubt it!

Where's your snappy response to why The Antique Mall got robbed? I asked you, specifically, for an explanation....OMG the all-knowing one. Correct my "spewed ignorance" on that one! Let's hear it, slick!

I'll come back to your franchise or wait, "franchise".... """"" "!!!! bs later, dummy. LOL
jsm

Wautoma, WI

#4 Apr 9, 2014
....and what was the preset maximum?
jsm

Wautoma, WI

#5 Apr 10, 2014
I refuse to believe you haven't read what I wrote, OMG. You come out swinging at me right away, when you THINK you've found something to correct me on.

Tons of places with very nice FASCADES in Princeton go out of business, ALL, THE, DAMN, TIME. The thing about facades is that they're FAKE. I refuse to believe that all those places just didn't know how to run a business. Did you ever ask any of them how they feel about Dollar General?

They should be given something REAL, like a grant for 6 months or a year of rent. How about this....instead of the police getting paid more than they should, MORE THAN AVERAGE for "working" in freaking Princeton... for God's sake...give THEM a "we'll match you dollar per dollar" to spruce up your fascade?

Once again, you're stupid. Not just any old stupid, but unapologetically stupid.

...and when did "informed citizen" become the new word for STALKER?
Garro killed Princeton

Chicago, IL

#6 Apr 10, 2014
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
What a surprise that you wouldn't know the realities of what's going on. The Princeton City Council had a "Facade Improvement" program last year. To help business owners repair and spruce up their shops. Matching dollar for dollar up to a preset maximum. Several viable businesses applied for and were given these funds.
I think it's cute the way you cut out the huge franchises like Dollar General and say they put local places out of business. LOL! I'll ask you this question, what would Princeton look like with no "franchises"? I'll give you a hint, you couldn't buy groceries, get gas without those wicked franchises. Mom and Pop gas stations couldn't afford the updates mandated to underground tanks. Thank goodness those franchises like Kwik Trip, Mobil and BP came in and could manage to update. Could you imagine a grocery bill for an unaffiliated grocery store. No sales, no bulk buying, no sales ads. JSM it must be nice to bury you head in the sand like an ostrich and not know what's going on. Oh and by the way..... I'm still not a cop, just an informed citizen. Why don't you try getting you facts straight before you spew again. I shouldn't always have to come on here to correct your ignorance.
Once again OMG is ignorant!
JSMs real point is why is there not many state and federal programs being used to help small Princeton businesses SURVIVE!!!
The facade program was merely one program that helped the overall appearance of downtown businesses. It was one program and it was cosmetic,thats all.
Steve Plout made a bunch of money and the ex mayors building looks a little less like a crap hole. Thats it.
A guy like Weidle was trying to look into more programs.
But we all saw how Garro and Bargenquast ran Weidle off.
Garro killed Princeton

Chicago, IL

#7 Apr 10, 2014
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw dumbarse,aka OMG thousands of small towns are thriving without the giant chain stores like Walmart!

In fact,many small towns are appealing because they lack the giant chain stores. The quaint shops and unique foods and gifts are precisely why people want to go there.

Garro hates the Twister people. A local unique business owner. This is our problem!
Bargenquast stalks local pub goers.This is our problem!
Many of the council dont even frequent Princeton businesses. This is our problem!

OMG is clueless about Princeton small business treatment!
lol

Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 10, 2014
Once again OMG shows what a moron he is!

Check this out.
http://www.cfra.org/renewrural/grocery

Small town grocers are still out there and absolutely critical to the vitality of smal;towns.

If OMG simply googled "small towns without chain stores" he would find countless articles on small cities all over the country that are doing very well and happy not to have any large chain stores nearby.

The problem is that idiots like Garro talk negatively about the few businesses left in Princeton! We have all heard her talk about the Buckhorn and other places she doesnt like.

We had a nice Diner in town next to the library and rarely did any council members go there!

Our so-called leaders don't cherish and frequent the local businessman.

It is amazing that the morons of Princeton vote in such idiots.
lol

Chicago, IL

#9 Apr 10, 2014
jsm wrote:
JSM once again you are correct and OMG is an idiot.

In the article I posted that actually talk about Federal grants to help save small business grocers.

Omg wants to talk about one cosmetic program and you are trying to discuss efforts to actually financially save businesses. You get it. OMG is clueless.
OMG

Madison, WI

#10 Apr 10, 2014
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
JSM once again you are correct and OMG is an idiot.
In the article I posted that actually talk about Federal grants to help save small business grocers.
Omg wants to talk about one cosmetic program and you are trying to discuss efforts to actually financially save businesses. You get it. OMG is clueless.
You are as clueless as JSM. If a business is dependent a a federal grant to remain open, it is NOT a viable business. I would challenge you and your ignorant friends to shop only at small town, NON-franchise groceries for a year and let me know how that works out in your pocketbook. Now realistically look at Princeton and just how many of the limited income and low income people do you think could afford to buy at those prices. You are fools. Fools of the worst kind. You lack the most basic economic understanding. In order for a business to be viable, it must have enough profit to pay the bills. If it is dependent on government grant to remain open, something is wrong with the business. It either isn't selling a product or service that the area requires, or it pricing itself out of the market. This is how the real world works.
lol

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 10, 2014
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
You are as clueless as JSM. If a business is dependent a a federal grant to remain open, it is NOT a viable business. I would challenge you and your ignorant friends to shop only at small town, NON-franchise groceries for a year and let me know how that works out in your pocketbook. Now realistically look at Princeton and just how many of the limited income and low income people do you think could afford to buy at those prices. You are fools. Fools of the worst kind. You lack the most basic economic understanding. In order for a business to be viable, it must have enough profit to pay the bills. If it is dependent on government grant to remain open, something is wrong with the business. It either isn't selling a product or service that the area requires, or it pricing itself out of the market. This is how the real world works.
OMG is truly a moron! The State and Federal grants are not provided to prop a business up indefinetely! These are programs designed to help new and struggling businesses survive some tough times. Many businesses close in their first few years...these programs give them a better chance at surviving so they can stand on their own for a long time.

OMG you need to educate yourself!!!!

Talking about never shopping at a big store and all that other nonsense is just extreme bs.
As usual you throw out some idiotic extreme argument that has nothing to do with the questions and debates discussed.

The leadership does not help Princeton businesses. The one guy that tried,Weidle, was run out of town. A small town does not need chains to survive and thrive. Just for once try sticking to the actual discussion, MORON!
jsm

Wautoma, WI

#12 Apr 11, 2014
Smite first, ask questions later.

I think what's wrong with those businesses is their damn ugly facades. We're talking to a (probable) government worker who thinks Jesus was a capitalist and God created Walmart so he could rest on the 3rd-7th day, and all the little ching-chong children of the world could be born with 3 full-time jobs, to ensure his economic survival and provide him with low-low prices.

Seriously though...wow, REALLY?

If a business is not viable without government money, why do giant corporations depend on them?
Disgusted with Princeton

Miami, FL

#13 Apr 11, 2014
jsm wrote:
Smite first, ask questions later.
I think what's wrong with those businesses is their damn ugly facades. We're talking to a (probable) government worker who thinks Jesus was a capitalist and God created Walmart so he could rest on the 3rd-7th day, and all the little ching-chong children of the world could be born with 3 full-time jobs, to ensure his economic survival and provide him with low-low prices.
Seriously though...wow, REALLY?
If a business is not viable without government money, why do giant corporations depend on them?
Why does JSM and lol even debate a Moron like OMG? When you argue with an idiot he will bring you down to his level and beat you every time.

Again JSM and lol are correct and OMG demonstrates what a Moron he is. Many huge companies take advantage of various state and federal programs. Many companies that started in a guys garage and are now Fortune 1000 companies only survived because at one time state and federal programs helped them out.

OMG talking about viability of small businesses is just plain funny and ignorant at the same time. Clearly he is a cop or council member and his ignorance is why Princeton is doing soo poorly.

Small businesses need to take advantage of whatever programs they can. Good leadership helps their small businesses take advantage of whatever is out there. Princeton does NOT have any good leadership and there is very little concern for the businesses in Princeton.
Garro killed Princeton

Chicago, IL

#14 Apr 11, 2014
OMG thinks that big successful businesses dont take advantage of every state and federal program....wow what a moron. Big companies have teams of people that know how to take advantage of EVERYTHING!
jsm

Wautoma, WI

#15 Apr 12, 2014
No kidding. He's brainwashed by Fox News. He doesn't realize that those corporations actually are "wicked"...his words, not mine, but they really are. He has his head buried, like an ostrich, when it comes to corporate welfare, bailouts, lobbyists....

He doesn't know when Mitt Romney does his taxes he claims 47% of America as dependents, and that he IS one of them... haha! Yes, OMG, he was talking about YOU too! In fact, he was talking about every sacred cow you can think of...cops, military, firefighters, teachers,....... everyone who mindlessly waves the American flag, not even knowing that the real people who own this country hate him and thinks he's worthless.
Entertained

Oshkosh, WI

#16 Apr 14, 2014
The problems with Princeton can really be summed up with two words... hypocritical assholes. Majority of which are past and present residents of Princeton.

They're the kind of people who will complain about local businesses closing yet in the next moment will spend $8 in gas to go save a buck on a case of beer. They are also the business owners that think they are going to survive with hours like 9am to 5pm.

They're the same people that will boycott a store or restaurant because the owner, or an employee, has a criminal record from many years ago. These same people have skeletons in their very own closet that are much, much worse. These are also the people that spread rumours and make threats yet get upset if it happens to them.

These people also blame the cops for getting a parking ticket, speeding ticket, or a OWI. Yes, it was the police that forced them to drive 35 in a 25 in a rush to get to the bar. It was also the same officer that told them to park there, and that silly little "no parking sign" was there to look nice. Also fairly certain that it is "Matt" that forces them to sit in that bar for five hours going drink for drink with "Garro" and the others. Oddly enough, it was also that prick's fault for pulling them over when driving on the wrong side of the road at three in the afternoon.
talkingtodragons HAHA

Wautoma, WI

#17 Apr 15, 2014
Whatever. If I get a speeding ticket it's because I know I was speeding. I've never complained about a speeding ticket in my life.

Speaking of OWIs...why isn't Patti Garro ever arrested for that? A city council person, who's personal friends with the local cops who drives drunk all the time. That's wonderful. NOT. What a joke....only in Princeton! you know...people used to make fun of her frying her brain in tanning beds, but did anyone ever stop to consider her color is from Jaundice? What time does that closeted lesbian drunken catholic leave the bar anyway?

You people are stupid. Wait until she kills someone. Nobody will be able to see they didn't see that coming.

but anyway, about this whack sounding fašade program...did anyone besides Steve Plout profit, financially, from it? Will anyone ever answer how much money was invested into that genius idea?

-jsm
Garro killed Princeton

Chicago, IL

#18 Apr 16, 2014
Entertained wrote:
The problems with Princeton can really be summed up with two words... hypocritical assholes. Majority of which are past and present residents of Princeton.
They're the kind of people who will complain about local businesses closing yet in the next moment will spend $8 in gas to go save a buck on a case of beer. They are also the business owners that think they are going to survive with hours like 9am to 5pm.
They're the same people that will boycott a store or restaurant because the owner, or an employee, has a criminal record from many years ago. These same people have skeletons in their very own closet that are much, much worse. These are also the people that spread rumours and make threats yet get upset if it happens to them.
These people also blame the cops for getting a parking ticket, speeding ticket, or a OWI. Yes, it was the police that forced them to drive 35 in a 25 in a rush to get to the bar. It was also the same officer that told them to park there, and that silly little "no parking sign" was there to look nice. Also fairly certain that it is "Matt" that forces them to sit in that bar for five hours going drink for drink with "Garro" and the others. Oddly enough, it was also that prick's fault for pulling them over when driving on the wrong side of the road at three in the afternoon.
Agreed too many hipocritical aholes.
Cops hassling teens for loitering or skateboarding then they go go loiter in the cemetary with married women.
Bargenquast talking about id theft and he is handing out ss numbers. Or Bargenquast giving a pass to his friends that drink and drive.
Garro talking about how much we need cops while she is overserving customers at the bar.
Too many hipocritical aholes is right.
Garro killed Princeton

Chicago, IL

#19 Apr 16, 2014
Entertained wrote:
You are right about the aholes cops and council.
But you are wrong about the owi.
I have never seen or heard people complain about cops giving an owi.
But I have seen alot of people complain that cops tailgate people for miles. And that cops pull over young women for no reason.
And that these cops give a pass to their friends that drink and drive.
And that these cops have nothing to do so they try to create drama.
Those are a few of the complaints. But I have never seen a person complain qhen actually do their job and pull over a bad driver.
Garro killed Princeton

Chicago, IL

#20 Apr 16, 2014
And I have never seen a person complain when Matt solves a crime?
But then again has he actually ever solved a crime?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heros in Princeton (Jul '10) 7 hr CPD 29
Skate Park? Nov 27 jsm 12
MsGreen Lake County Nov '17 Jimmy 7
Lets be Honest about JSM Oct '17 Jimmy 14
JSM is a Superior Woman Oct '17 Jimmy 3
Fun Facts Art Farkelturd Oct '17 color of law 23
Review: Extreme Auto Body & Towing (Jul '12) Sep '17 Crooked Business 8

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance