2 Rutgers University Freshmen Charged...

2 Rutgers University Freshmen Charged For Secretly Making Sex Tape ...

There are 5 comments on the WREG story from Sep 29, 2010, titled 2 Rutgers University Freshmen Charged For Secretly Making Sex Tape .... In it, WREG reports that:

NYPD harbor units have recovered the body of an individual believed to be Tyler Clementi, the Rutgers freshman who jumped to his death after two other students secretly filmed him during a sexual encounter with another man, PIX 11 News has learned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

deena

Exeter, NH

#1 Sep 29, 2010
Condolences to the Clemanti family on the loss of their son, Tyler. Two insensitive monsters have robbed the world of his gift for music. They need to be ejected from school and then prosecuted to the full extent of the law. I hope this follows them the rest of their lives.

“Everybody Dies...”

Since: Jan 10

...But not Everybody Lives.

#2 Sep 30, 2010
I'm sure those two must feel like the scum of the earth. I doubt they intended for their little prank to go as far as it did, but it just goes to show you how things can go bad when you think you're being funny or clever. It's shame that kid felt pushed to end his life, he certainly didn't have to. I wonder was he openly gay or still keeping it on the low.
evette

Memphis, TN

#4 Sep 30, 2010
These people thought it would be funny to video this? Shouldn't the real question be...why did they want to watch? Or their defense would be "to show other people" probably.
07cindy

Cordova, TN

#5 Oct 4, 2010
Drunken Masta wrote:
I'm sure those two must feel like the scum of the earth. I doubt they intended for their little prank to go as far as it did, but it just goes to show you how things can go bad when you think you're being funny or clever. It's shame that kid felt pushed to end his life, he certainly didn't have to. I wonder was he openly gay or still keeping it on the low.
My condolences to the family during this time of grief!! I have been listening to CNN's discussion of bullying and I am amazed at how many of our children are suffering. The statement made is that over 160,000 children manage to avoid school each day due to bullying. That's not a number that any of us should be comfortable with. We all need to correct the children around us with regard to bullying others. We can only do what we can, but if each one teaches one a better way, this type tragedy can be avoided in the future.

The students who did the taping probably did think that it was funny and likely had no idea the first round that the date would be a guy; it was just to be funny, I think. After discovering the male date, poor judgement led to another publication of the encounter - STUPID NOT FUNNY PRANK!! I really don't think anyone realized that Mr. Clementi was potentially suicidal. I wonder if the parents even knew his sexual preference!! Obviously, where things like this are concerned, we have to remove the SHAME from our kid's choice and look closely for signs that our child is tormented. The fact is, NOW, the one taping and his friend Molly will have to live with all the fallout from their foolish decision to tape the encounter and publish it over the Internet.

“Everybody Dies...”

Since: Jan 10

...But not Everybody Lives.

#6 Oct 5, 2010
I many sound like an old man, but what has changed in the last few years to make bullying have more dire consequences? Back in my day kids weren't killing themselves over harassment like now. You know it's been around forever, may of us were bullied growing up, but I never missed a day of school due to it. It's expected that their will always be bullies. What's changed?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Were you a child psych student or intern in the... (Oct '15) Nov 13 wideyesbigforehead 4
Looking for birth mom (Apr '17) Oct 19 Family 3
News Church vs. state: More than a battle of Christm... (Nov '16) Aug '17 samt 5
News Princeton researcher explores Southern Ocean pa... (Oct '13) Aug '17 Madison 6
News Changes in the air at two radio stations (Aug '06) Jul '17 Lewis H 1,036
Princeton North Music Thread (Mar '17) Mar '17 Musikologist 3
Did you know NJ adoptees can request their orig... (Jan '17) Jan '17 joanNYadoptees 1

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Princeton Mortgages