Review: Optical Gallery Of Princeton

Review: Optical Gallery Of Princeton

Posted in the Princeton Forum

J Robinson

United States

#1 Jan 27, 2009
Not a good experience with this provider. I went there for an eye exam for glasses and disposable contacts, as had I shattered my old glasses and misplaced my backup pair. The disposable contacts were off in fit and vision; the prescription just didn't feel good at all. I had new lenses cut in Manhattan for my old frames with broken lenses, and they were WAY off. The prescription was backwards in fact.

I took the glasses back to Optical Gallery to have them check the lenses against their prescription, and it matched. Dr Tullo apologized for the error, which was fair. I was not happy to spend $230 for an exam and $100.00 for backwards glasses, very inconvenient.

The customer service there was uniquely horrible. I was given a date for pickup of my fixed glasses (I thought I was going to have to fight them to do this, it was done very grudgingly). Good thing I called before I came, they weren't ready. I was given another date which I asked them to confirm as definite, and I was told very curtly that Optical Gallery was doing me a favor by fixing glasses that I hadn't paid them for (based on flawed exam service that I had paid them for).

Needless to say, I didn't feel like shopping at Optical Gallery for new frames, I wasn't feeling any love there. Despite paying $230 for contact and glasses exam, nobody offered to revise the prescription for contacts and get me the correct samples to see if I liked them. It felt like they couldn't wait to get me out the door.

I went to Cohen's Optical at Quakerbridge mall, got a new exam on my insurance, and had them check their exam numbers against the glasses that Optical Gallery had fixed as a 'favor' to me. Needless to say, there was noticeable difference in sharpness and contrast. I asked the Dr. about this, and he confirmed that it wasn't exactly 'close', and that Optical Gallery's exam numbers were in fact 'off' as far as he was concerned. I didn't think it was possible to get a bad eye exam anymore, one would think everything was standardized.

I know it is possible to get bad customer service anywhere (no offense to Dr Tullo, he was very polite), and this is definitely the place to go if you are looking for trouble. Could be fine and maybe even pleasant if everything works, but watch out if it doesn't. I waited too long to dispute this with my credit card company, but have to say it is the worst $230.00 I have ever spent.

United States

#2 Jan 25, 2011
Totally agree, this place is the worst..rude customer service and poor quality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Students want Woodrow Wilson's name removed fro... Nov 19 JCK 1
Were you a child psych student or intern in the... Oct '15 wide eyed big for... 1
Review: AAA Absolute Clean Air Inc. (NJ, Delawa... (May '10) Oct '15 RLL 104
Need to find woman who dated a married attorney... Aug '15 Please help 1
Huge garage/tag/estate sale!!! Antiques and fur... Aug '15 Ellabella123 1
Eye-Opening New eBook About eBay Reveals Detail... Aug '15 ConsumerWatch 1
News Pi, Pie or both? The choice is yours this Pi Day (Mar '15) Jul '15 Ferdo 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Princeton Mortgages