Baby's first trip to doctor turns tra...

Baby's first trip to doctor turns tragic in car-train collision

There are 24 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Aug 30, 2008, titled Baby's first trip to doctor turns tragic in car-train collision. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Comments on Topix forums : PRINCETON Authorities say a train-car collision in rural Johnston County killed a couple and critically injured their infant son.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
J Jackson

Charlotte, NC

#21 Sep 28, 2008
I hope that nothing of this nature ever happens to your family. GOd forbid anyone of your family or friends make a human mistake. It cost me three relatives. I hurt for my uncle and aunt, and the other parents invloved. My kids are driving age as well, and I pray everyday that they come home. I do blame the Rail Road sytstem for not having any lights, guard rails, or signs...that is ridculous. Even if you stop and look at this site, it is never cleared of brush and growth, you cant see 12 ft either way.
Sometimes when you have young people going on with their daily lives they do not always think like mature adults, and their driving experience is not what mine or yours would be as a mature adult...non the less sometimes the younger generations need more guidance or state regulations/protections in place for them...the government fails us everyday...Sad. I miss my cousin, and her new family. All I can say is God had a plan.

Joy Higgins Jackson
thUnker

Greer, SC

#22 Sep 28, 2008
which is smarter, the tracks or your kin? tracks cant move, stop or reverse direction.

you're family is too clueless to continue. may i suggest a life at sea? no trains there, you should be much safer.

god's plan - weed out the idiots.
J Jackson wrote:
I hope that nothing of this nature ever happens to your family. GOd forbid anyone of your family or friends make a human mistake. It cost me three relatives. I hurt for my uncle and aunt, and the other parents invloved. My kids are driving age as well, and I pray everyday that they come home. I do blame the Rail Road sytstem for not having any lights, guard rails, or signs...that is ridculous. Even if you stop and look at this site, it is never cleared of brush and growth, you cant see 12 ft either way.
Sometimes when you have young people going on with their daily lives they do not always think like mature adults, and their driving experience is not what mine or yours would be as a mature adult...non the less sometimes the younger generations need more guidance or state regulations/protections in place for them...the government fails us everyday...Sad. I miss my cousin, and her new family. All I can say is God had a plan.
Joy Higgins Jackson

Since: Nov 07

United States

#23 Sep 28, 2008
Ann wrote:
You should Stop, Look and Listen when you are crossing any RR Track. You are taught Safety in Drivers ED. And it has been many years but use to be on the drivers license test. Every report that you read always says the train hit the vehicle, but the train is on the tracks the vehicle is the one that crosses his path they can not bow up like a car it can take as much as a mile to get a train stopped. I fill sorry that someone got killed and child injured but if they had been paying attention and doing driving correctly they would all be at home with there child. Please remember to always remember anytime is train time and to always Stop Look and Listen at every crossing even if it has crossing arms, bells and lights!
Aw come on Ann, do you really expect people to be responsible for their own actions? It's always somebody elses fault!
Final Thoughts

Charlotte, NC

#24 Sep 2, 2009
thUnker wrote:
which is smarter, the tracks or your kin? tracks cant move, stop or reverse direction.
you're family is too clueless to continue. may i suggest a life at sea? no trains there, you should be much safer.
god's plan - weed out the idiots.
<quoted text>
You're a freaking ahole. I hope your children and other family members die tragically and you are left behind to think about it. I hope you then have a tragic accident which leaves you crippled and paralized from the neck down. I hope you have no one to take care of you, and a slow, miserable, painful death finally takes you after many years of unbelievable suffering.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gang Wed Janet 1
Thomas Watkins and Desparotos Wed Janet 1
Desparotos May 22 Janet 1
desperados gang is pathetic (Mar '11) May 22 Janet 38
Thomas Watkins May 22 Janet 1
Selma NC gang...Desparodos May 22 Janet 1
Selma gang May 22 Janet 20

Princeton Jobs

Personal Finance

Princeton Mortgages