Review: Jim's Auto Repair

Posted in the Princeton Forum

Sandy Youngquist

Burlington, IA

#1 Oct 16, 2008
Jim's auto mechanics are a bunch of crooks!!!
taken in princeton mn

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Aug 13, 2009
i agree, 100 percent crooks, maybe that's a bit rough, but they completely are just making it up as they go along, bills just keep adding up as they try and solve the issue. Thought they were the professionals - i could play guessing game for a bit cheaper!
JIM ANDERSON

Princeton, MN

#3 Nov 24, 2009
Sandy Youngquist wrote:
WHAT PROBLEM DID YOU BRING IT IN FOR? WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO DO?
CUSTOMER

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Feb 8, 2010
JIM ANDERSON wrote:
<quoted text> WHAT PROBLEM DID YOU BRING IT IN FOR? WHAT WERE THEY TRYING TO DO?
JIMS AUTO REPAIR IS THE BEST SHOP AROUND PERIOD.I HAVE BEEN GOING THERE FOR 6 YEARS AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. NOT LIKE SOME OF THE OTHER SHOPS AROUND.
Jeff

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Feb 8, 2010
Sandy Youngquist wrote:
I know that Jims is a litle higher in price but you also get what you pay for. And his warranty is awesome. Thanks Jeff
customer

Zimmerman, MN

#6 Aug 6, 2010
I went there to get exhaust done so i dropped it off and it took all day to get told they didnt have the right parts and couldnt do it, and the price had jumped 100 dollars, anyway there B.S. and i dont recomend the to anyone
Hilary

Orem, UT

#7 Oct 6, 2010
I'm not quite sure how to respond to this. Jim's auto repair seems pretty legitimate. www.precisionautoid.com
Hilary

Orem, UT

#8 Oct 6, 2010
I'm not quite sure how to respond to this. Jim's auto repair seems pretty legitimate. www.myprecisionautoid.com
cgfluid

Syracuse, UT

#9 Apr 17, 2011
Sounds like there are a lot more negative reviews then positive. If you are not satisfied, you should check out my mechanic. Alex's Autohaus in the Salt Lake City Area. 40 years experience, great expertise. http://www.alexsautohaus.com
Rick

Salt Lake City, UT

#10 Jun 21, 2011
Thanks for the comments, I probably will not be getting my auto repair done through these guys. Maybe ill try http://stancoandsterlingautomotive.com
BOB

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Sep 20, 2011
Jims auto mechanics are a bunch of idiots. i brought one car in and it ended up costing triple from what they said. Like an idiot i brought anothe car in and the same thing happened and they never did get it fixed right. Had to bring it to the pros
EX employee

Champlin, MN

#13 Apr 28, 2013
I first hand saw Jim charge a customer a 1000.00 for a used part plus almost 500.00 in labor for work that was NEVER done. This is proof why shops can get a bad reputation. Because of thief's like this. Not only did the customer's get treated like this.. but in the 2 yrs I was there.. he went thru 15 employees. Now he closed up the Princeton location (gez.. I wonder why) and moved out to his house. This is not at all BS either with what I say. The customer knows now the truth. The mechanic who was involved with the repairs (he had NO knowledge of the theft part til afterwards). He quit shortly after that too. Jim Tibbetts is nothing but a thief. Plain and simple.
16yrPrincetonRes ident87

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Jun 28, 2013
Agree with most. I use to know Jim, guy was an a-hole. Either never got anything done or even made things worse, then asks for a good chunk of your money to boot.

Side note: I will promote Ray's Auto. Myself and family have gone there for a number of our vehicles. In any of our experiences, they've always done the job right. Plus if you rely on them often enough and take time to get to know them, they've been known for discounts.

Either way, when possible, you should research where you bring you automobile first. No matter the place.
MIchelleroy

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Oct 21, 2014
Jim and his family are amazing! They picked up my car personally and drove it to the shop. I cannot tell you how nice his wife is and his son is so helpful! I owe so much gratitude to Jim and his help! The stories above are just that.... stories!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News School Bus Driver Fired for Being a Witch (Jan '06) Apr 15 Judicator 3
News Princeton Children Found Starving Will Not Retu... Mar '15 DILF 2
News Man charged with five felonies (Oct '07) Feb '15 Blue Collar 69
News Speaker of the House makes visit to area Feb '15 See The Real Prob... 1
News Minneapolis: Epic Nightclub shooting victim ID'd (Nov '13) Jul '14 TLJ 23
Debate: Marijuana - Milaca, MN (Jul '12) Jun '14 Lez 5
Debate: Marijuana - Princeton, MN (Dec '11) May '14 J 3
More from around the web

Princeton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE