Caldwell County Times Leader

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Unbelievable

Owensboro, KY

#1 Aug 29, 2011
Cannot believe that you now have to have a subscription to view their online web. I know larger papers have this but please, the Times is no New Yorker. The reason I look at their website cause I live out of town and I like to read what is going on at "home". But that is okay...will not spend 50.00 a year on that yellow journalism anyway. I guess I am going to have use topix more often...kind of crazy...but there is probably more truth on this site anyway...lol.
TimesLeaderBlows

United States

#2 Aug 29, 2011
Unbelievable wrote:
Cannot believe that you now have to have a subscription to view their online web. I know larger papers have this but please, the Times is no New Yorker. The reason I look at their website cause I live out of town and I like to read what is going on at "home". But that is okay...will not spend 50.00 a year on that yellow journalism anyway. I guess I am going to have use topix more often...kind of crazy...but there is probably more truth on this site anyway...lol.
Agreed. I remember when the KY New Era went behind the paywall. Worthless website now.:-/ sucks too
Actually

Princeton, KY

#3 Aug 29, 2011
Why must people cry about everything
now now

Gracey, KY

#4 Aug 29, 2011
Ppl around here expect to get everything for free or handed to them. Pathetic! Things change, get over it!
Marlboro man

Greenville, KY

#5 Aug 29, 2011
Do you expect Walmart to give away any of their products for free? I doubt they'd let you load up a cart and head out the door without paying.

The newspaper is a business like any other. If they have a product or service you'd like and are willing to pay for it, then buy it.

If you don't want their product/service then don't buy it.

The newspaper industry didn't get any of Obama's free handouts/bailouts, so they have to try to to turn a profit the best they can. If they go out of business, where will you get your news then?

it's bad enough that people want a free ride as it is. But then to actually complain about it takes the cake. The next time you stick your hand out, somebody should stick a broom or a mop in it.
Brother

United States

#6 Aug 29, 2011
I don't mind paying for something. But this paper has gone to hell. Chip and Jared have destroyed this so called paper. So when you get nothing you should not have to pay for it.
Maybe not so sharp

Madisonville, KY

#7 Aug 29, 2011
Who needs a newspaper? We have topix. 8-)
Good Grief

Clifty, KY

#8 Aug 29, 2011
Excuse me...I have no problem paying for a product, if it is worth it. I subscribe to the New Yorker. I pay $70 a year, I the paper delivered plus access to their site. The times is $50 a year just for the site. Like I said...they are not a New Yorker. I have read the Times mostly for the obituries. With all the so-called "political wrong doings" you would think the newspaper would investigate some of the allegations...but no. The times only prints what the political figures want released. Like in my following statement...it is called yellow journalism.
Mister Atoz

United States

#9 Aug 29, 2011
Perhaps the so-called "political wrong doings" are merely a figment of your imagination.
Or should the local paper just make stuff up to make all the conspiracy theorists feel better about themselves. That wouldn't be "yellow journalism" it would be libelous and could get the newspaper sued.
While many think they can post whatever untruths they want on here with impunity, newspapers don't have the benefit of making wild accusations while hiding behind a screen name.
John Blake

Providence, KY

#10 Aug 29, 2011
I get to read my hometown paper (in a big city) everyday for free. Can't believe the Times Leader thinks their online stuff (which is usually a week behind) is worth paying for.
Good Grief

Clifty, KY

#11 Aug 29, 2011
When was the last time, or should I say when have you ever seen an investagated piece in the Caldwell County Times. My remarks compare the paper's quantity and quality based on price. All the pieces are fluff articles. I am not suggesting they use gossip...but I have never seen them go any further than what is reported by the "officials". If they are going to charge that price then they need to have more than woman and her cat, and Chips of the Block about Hutcinson's family and friends trips and all their "funny" situations. That is fluff. Read larger papers and you will see the difference. If true investagating reporting is done, with hard evidence...that is not libel, that is truth, that is what make good papers, that is why larger papers can charge those prices. I would buy it then. It would be worth the price.
Um whatever

Spirit Lake, IA

#12 Aug 30, 2011
Pay no mind to Good Grief, this person felt the need to vent through the night on various threads and all I really see is Blah, blah, blah!!! Another clueless Ky crazy check with nothing better to do throughout the night!
Good Grief

Owensboro, KY

#13 Aug 30, 2011
Um whatever wrote:
Pay no mind to Good Grief, this person felt the need to vent through the night on various threads and all I really see is Blah, blah, blah!!! Another clueless Ky crazy check with nothing better to do throughout the night!
I commented on one other thread last night. Infact, it was a thread of accuasations on some of Caldwell County citizens that had several post of people claiming they had evidence of certain wrong doings by these individuals. Clueless, I think not, it is called an informed person that knows the world doesn't end at the county line. The reason my post are during the late night is due to my work hours. By the way, I am not a "check".
Pigg McGee

Spirit Lake, IA

#14 Aug 30, 2011
Good Grief wrote:
Excuse me...I have no problem paying for a product, if it is worth it. I subscribe to the New Yorker. I pay $70 a year, I the paper delivered plus access to their site. The times is $50 a year just for the site. Like I said...they are not a New Yorker. I have read the Times mostly for the obituries. With all the so-called "political wrong doings" you would think the newspaper would investigate some of the allegations...but no. The times only prints what the political figures want released. Like in my following statement...it is called yellow journalism.
Hate to break it to you, but "The New Yorker", to which you claim to subscribe, is not a paper, but rather a literary/cultural magazine.
you fool

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Aug 30, 2011
Good Grief wrote:
<quoted text>
I commented on one other thread last night. Infact, it was a thread of accuasations on some of Caldwell County citizens that had several post of people claiming they had evidence of certain wrong doings by these individuals. Clueless, I think not, it is called an informed person that knows the world doesn't end at the county line. The reason my post are during the late night is due to my work hours. By the way, I am not a "check".
You are such a fool! And clueless! You really have no idea what happened and if you think those 2 men are respectable, then you are a crazy check! You also need to look up respectable. 1387
Good Grief

Owensboro, KY

#16 Aug 30, 2011
Oh my, where do I start..Pigg, you are correct. But, it also has several articles about by investagating reports on political figure. They also have interveiws with edgy figures with their veiw points. Again, I was comparing the price of a small local newspaper to a national publication. You fool...respectable, one definition, decent/correct in character. With both of the individuals in question, who were both active in their church, one was an elected official, the other being an idyllic family man brought me to my conclusion of respectable. My comments were directed to anonamous posts that claimed to have evidence to their wrong doings and cover ups assisted by other elected officials. That, to me, would be newsworthy after extensive investagation of course.
Again, I am not a check.
Pigg McGee

Spirit Lake, IA

#17 Aug 30, 2011
Good Grief wrote:
Oh my, where do I start..Pigg, you are correct. But, it also has several articles about by investagating reports on political figure. They also have interveiws with edgy figures with their veiw points. Again, I was comparing the price of a small local newspaper to a national publication. You fool...respectable, one definition, decent/correct in character. With both of the individuals in question, who were both active in their church, one was an elected official, the other being an idyllic family man brought me to my conclusion of respectable. My comments were directed to anonamous posts that claimed to have evidence to their wrong doings and cover ups assisted by other elected officials. That, to me, would be newsworthy after extensive investagation of course.
Again, I am not a check.
Obviously, the first rate writing to which you should be exposed via "The New Yorker" hasn't rubbed off on you. You're trying too hard to sound intelligent.
BTW, what's a "check"?
Good Grief

Owensboro, KY

#18 Aug 30, 2011
I am not a journalist...don't claim to be. I have not claimed to be intelligent, just trying my best to make myself articulate enough so no one can twist my words. I do not know what a check is...but, they keep calling me a check. I am sure it was a typo but it has been repeated twice now...lol.
You Fool

Spirit Lake, IA

#19 Aug 30, 2011
Good Grief wrote:
Oh my, where do I start..Pigg, you are correct. But, it also has several articles about by investagating reports on political figure. They also have interveiws with edgy figures with their veiw points. Again, I was comparing the price of a small local newspaper to a national publication. You fool...respectable, one definition, decent/correct in character. With both of the individuals in question, who were both active in their church, one was an elected official, the other being an idyllic family man brought me to my conclusion of respectable. My comments were directed to anonamous posts that claimed to have evidence to their wrong doings and cover ups assisted by other elected officials. That, to me, would be newsworthy after extensive investagation of course.
Again, I am not a check.
Yes, you are a check! A check with blinders, and if you REALLY think they are both respectable, then I refuse to engage in conversation any further! Have an enlightening day!! Just because it didn't make the world news, I do remember Channel 6 being there when the Kilgore thing went down, and as far as Kevin, that just took a big broom!!Now go cash your check, and look the other way just like everybody else here!:)
Pigg McGee

Spirit Lake, IA

#20 Aug 30, 2011
You Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are a check! A check with blinders, and if you REALLY think they are both respectable, then I refuse to engage in conversation any further! Have an enlightening day!! Just because it didn't make the world news, I do remember Channel 6 being there when the Kilgore thing went down, and as far as Kevin, that just took a big broom!!Now go cash your check, and look the other way just like everybody else here!:)
Could you explain exactly what a "check" is in the above context?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 hr ole Joe 7,392
Dishonest, crooks, cheats 3 hr Looking 3
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr John316 155,559
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 4 hr food stamp 480
PEPB. Read the 2nd sentence! Should elect all new! 5 hr Rachael Johnson 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 5 hr butthead 1,073
Go Roy Gene 7 hr Rick not Rock 46
Princeton Dating
Find my Match

Princeton Jobs

Princeton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Princeton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Princeton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]