First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AVJ

Calhoun, KY

#1 Jan 7, 2012
What do you all think of our radio station?
Honest

United States

#2 Jan 7, 2012
I think they have made Alot of changes there but it seems to be getting better each day. Perry Byrd and that new Andrew guy are really doing a great job on air.
lol

Madisonville, KY

#3 Jan 7, 2012
I font like their music at all but they do good things. Just wish they didn't blast the crappy music on the streets
Good grief

United States

#4 Jan 7, 2012
You people sure have some low standards. That place is a train wreck. It has been, and continues to be, an embarrassment to Princeton.
wavj sux

United States

#5 Jan 8, 2012
yeah, that place is horrible. Honest must work there or something.
Johnson

Owensboro, KY

#6 Jan 8, 2012
Sound quality is worst I have heard.
DJs worst I have heard
News worst I have heard
Sports announcers worst in USA
Dead air events...worst I have heard
Power or signal is very week. Can't get clear signal except in CC

Music format terrible.

I use to listen some for sports but not any more.
WKDZ Cadiz and Marion radio stations both are 100 times better!

Just being honest. But don't send them constructive criticism they don't like it I already tried. They are a MAJOR embarrassment to this community!
RiadNtheBedouins

Spirit Lake, IA

#7 Jan 8, 2012
I listen to it off and on during the day when I'm at work, and it's really a terrible station. I honest to God don't recall the last song I've heard on there that was released post 1989. And what's the deal with playing 'Bennie and the Jets' constantly? I love Elton John but they play that song at least 5 times a day???
English

Dunmor, KY

#8 Jan 9, 2012
It is shameful what some of their on-air people do to the English language. I don't mean to be picky, but they should have at least some kind of basic knowledge of the language.
NewStationPlease

Owensboro, KY

#9 Jan 10, 2012
Everyone call WKDZ and see if they can open a decent radio station for us here in Princeton. I think they have one in Cadiz and one in Hoptown now and both blow the doors off of this WAVJ. We can get Tom Rodgers to be station manager. He was a great sports announcer!!! Why he is not there any more blows my mind.
Johnny Fever

Owensboro, KY

#10 Jan 12, 2012
The news is almost as good as the Less Nessman's hog report.
Turn your bass up man!
Up your wattage or change your call letters to WEAK
Start a promotion like the WKRP turkey give away.
JKMills

Dunmor, KY

#11 Jan 13, 2012
Johnny Fever wrote:
The news is almost as good as the Less Nessman's hog report.
Turn your bass up man!
Up your wattage or change your call letters to WEAK
Start a promotion like the WKRP turkey give away.
Was good when Briggs Gordan was dj there.
Claude Balls

United States

#12 Jan 13, 2012
Hey JKMILLS!

I strongly suggest that you allow WAVJ

install a tower on your multilevel

pay parking lot downtown.

Then you would know that one of the spaces

would be getting used.
New page

United States

#13 Jan 14, 2012
These comments seem rather cruel. I can tell things have gotten better there. There was a reason they were bad in the first place, we all know that.
Charles Barkley

Dunmor, KY

#15 Jan 14, 2012
That place is turrible, just turrrrrriblllle.

Besides, you get the NBA on XM and Sirius.
JK Mills

Dunmor, KY

#16 Jan 14, 2012
Claude Balls wrote:
Hey JKMILLS!
I strongly suggest that you allow WAVJ
install a tower on your multilevel
pay parking lot downtown.
Then you would know that one of the spaces
would be getting used.
Mr Balls why don't you just go away and leave me alone. Your comments have become idiotic and immature and totally illtempered. I am sorry that you have personal problems but that's no excuse for your rudeness and vulgarity.
JK Mills

Dunmor, KY

#17 Jan 14, 2012
AVJ wrote:
What do you all think of our radio station?
Set aside and hour a day for an open forum and discussion for the people of Princeton to voice their concerns for city and county goverment, local activities, and concerns.
Let them have a voice in their community. Set it around 6 PM so that working people have an opportunity to participate after work.
Instead of news that they can already see and hear on television bring the news to them and from them locally.
Voice of the People.
Blither B

United States

#18 Jan 15, 2012
JK Mills wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Balls why don't you just go away and leave me alone. Your comments have become idiotic and immature and totally illtempered. I am sorry that you have personal problems but that's no excuse for your rudeness and vulgarity.
CB only responds to inflammatory, accusatory,
or stupid remarks.
He has never accused anyone of immoral acts
and his statements are so out to lunch that
no one with the intelligence of a snail would
take them seriously.
BB
Time is change

Clarksville, TN

#19 Jan 17, 2012
Local news and sports is for AM radio. FM, Use sattelite feed morning show (humor-based talk shows rate highest), live jock for work day with local business interactive content, live jock for drive time with listner interaction, sattelite feed music night and overnight, or program music, spots, call letters, and liners for nights and overnights.

This structure rates highest with the money-spending listeners, costs the stations less money for the content, and allows for advertiser promotion and income-generating events. If you want to sound professional, be professional. Don't program and/or sell like you're in Princeton Kentucky, program and sell like you're in Big City USA.

You would have just paid a consultant thousands of dollars for that (with more extensive recommendations on music, on-air promotions, and advertising, of course).
Hoof-hearted

Dunmor, KY

#20 Jan 17, 2012
Time is change wrote:
Local news and sports is for AM radio. FM, Use sattelite feed morning show (humor-based talk shows rate highest), live jock for work day with local business interactive content, live jock for drive time with listner interaction, sattelite feed music night and overnight, or program music, spots, call letters, and liners for nights and overnights.
This structure rates highest with the money-spending listeners, costs the stations less money for the content, and allows for advertiser promotion and income-generating events. If you want to sound professional, be professional. Don't program and/or sell like you're in Princeton Kentucky, program and sell like you're in Big City USA.
You would have just paid a consultant thousands of dollars for that (with more extensive recommendations on music, on-air promotions, and advertising, of course).
Your consulting sounds like it's about 20 years old. Might have been good about 1992.

Lower power local stations need to have heavy local news and sports content to make local advertisers want to pay up. Nobody is going to buy ROS spots surrounded by lots of music. If you want music, you can buy an XM/Sirius radio and listen to all the music you want WITHOUT commercials.

The days of local stations filling their time with music and a DJ are long gone!

As a matter of fact, lots of Big City USA FM stations are going to talk formats because of that very reason.
Radio

Dunmor, KY

#21 Jan 18, 2012
yea, radio stations are a dying breed. U can go on the internet and listen to all the music you want on pandora without somebody talking all over the song.

i see a lot of local stations going out of business in the next 10 years.

people would rather listen to music online or on satellite than listen to a local yokel on the air.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who’s running for mayor? 3 hr Uncle Sam 1
White Mitsubishi Eclipse??? 5 hr Tyler 4
priscilla york (Feb '17) 23 hr Rick 15
Police Sat Wonder 1
Any swingers Sat sally 8
Bowling alley Jim. Fri Lukas 10
Phyllis Nelson (Jul '17) Fri Hah 10

Princeton Jobs

Personal Finance

Princeton Mortgages