conflict of interest
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
whatugonnado

Madisonville, KY

#1 Oct 30, 2012
Why is it not a conflict of interest with attorney woodall trying cases before judge woodall
reguardless of whether it is a outward conflict these cases should all have to be re tried and presented before a different judge.
It is a conflict of interest for an attorney and judge to be judging the same cases when they are family members.
Everyone of the cases presented by attorney woodalll and judged by Woodall should have to be brought before the ethic committee of the ky bar asssociation. if it isn't a conflict of interest it is at the least unethical.
Anonymous

White Plains, KY

#2 Oct 30, 2012
Do you people sit around trying to find something to bitch about? Dang...go fishing!
Lick er

Cadiz, KY

#3 Oct 30, 2012
They are not related. Dumbass
christy

Princeton, KY

#4 Oct 30, 2012
They are not blood relatives but related by marriage! His exact words were and i quote " we share the same lastname but mrs.woodall is not a direct descendant so therefore i can preside over the case"
Hey Frank

Dunmor, KY

#5 Oct 31, 2012
CHristy, you need to go to the authorities with your scoop. Well done!!!
GRITS

United States

#6 Oct 31, 2012
QUOTE who="whatugonnado"]
Why is it not a conflict of interest with attorney woodall trying cases before judge woodall reguardless of whether it is a outward conflict these cases should all have to be re tried and presented before a different judge.
It is a conflict of interest for an attorney and judge to be judging the same cases when they are family members.i
Everyone of the cases presented by attorney woodalll and judged by Woodall should have to be brought before the ethic committee of the ky bar asssociation. if it isn't a conflict of interest it is at the least unethical.[/
QUOTE]
Your statement about them both judging cracks me up. Judge Woodall judges & Karen brings the case(s) before a judge. Karen Woodall is an excellent attorney.
I agree with Fishing you just want to nag nag nag nag nag about something!! You should go fishing!!
Now I want to bring up my opinion about a conflict of interest. I think, Sherry Ward Frailick should drop out of the race for council person. She is a well known supporter of Abigail Tucker. She probably would not be able to
make fair unbiased decisions regarding Ms. Tucker. She has known Ms. Tuckee for many years. Her father, former mayor Buddy Ward & Ms. Tucker were once romantically involved.
Also, she is being sued by Rodney Heaton. She might have her own court dates to worry about.
Rodney Heaton for slander.
GRITS

United States

#7 Oct 31, 2012
Sherry ia being sued by Rodney Heaton for slander.
Lick er

Nebo, KY

#8 Oct 31, 2012
uh Karen Woodall is not an excellent attorney
I need a drink

United States

#9 Nov 1, 2012
No need for her to drop out she will be lucky to get fifty votes She seemes to think she is somebody because her father was once mayor sorry honey he got it because no one else wanted it and ment nothing except he was a joke. And she is a joke married to someone who had to leave town in the night with her and oh wasn't she the one who kept a list of the guys she f---k in high school somewhere around 160and that don't count the b-jobs. Remember those guys will be voting and from what I hear it is a big laugh with some of them don't want Somthing like her or her daddy having anything to do with the town
christy

Princeton, KY

#10 Nov 1, 2012
Hey Frank, i might just do that!!!
question

United States

#11 Nov 1, 2012
So they are related though correct? Either by blood or marriage still related. Seems like any defendant going up against her with him being the judge would have a hard time. You actually think they dont discuss a case between them. Right!
Barclay Banister

Dunmor, KY

#12 Nov 1, 2012
Judge Woodall is one of the fairest and most imapartial judges I can think of. He's ruled for me and against me, but I have always received a fair shake and careful consideration for my side of the case. We are lucky...very lucky... to have him serving us in this county and judicial circuit. I have also practiced cases in front of him with Ms. Woodall on the other side and I assure you that there has never, ever, ever been one doubt in my mind that Judge Woodall is being anything but fair and impartial. They are not related by blood or marriage to the best of my knowledge. And I assure you that they do not socialize or "discuss cases between them". Your accusations to the contrary border on libel/slander. I would like to see proof of the sinister plot between the two to influence the outcome of cases as suggested by "Christy". Good luck in finding anything. This is my last post on this matter but I felt the need to set the record straight about a very competent public servant.
christy

United States

#13 Nov 1, 2012
Well to mr.Barclay i was being sarcastic, we live in Princeton where you have to be rich to get anything done!!! I dont care what you say lawyer or not! People get wronged all the time in this town and people like you turn your cheek the other way!!! As far as libel/slander that is what he said to me go get the recorded court session! Before you want to say anything and save you from slander, i have only been in front of judge woodall was for divorce and jury duty! Iam a law abiding citizen and im sick of the town being ran by assholes!!! I belive this is freedom of speech/ my opinion!
christy

United States

#14 Nov 1, 2012
Where exactly did i plot anything? I believe u mr.barclay just slandered me! Sinister huh? Yes sounds like your accusing me of something, when i only stated a fact!!!!!
paul

Woodstock, IL

#15 Nov 1, 2012
Barcly there was no slander in christys statement.she just repeated what was told to her in court by woody.further more i waa there when woody said this in open court.i thinl i owe christy an apologey.
paul

Princeton, KY

#16 Nov 1, 2012
Also barclay i think u owe her one too
Anonymous

White Plains, KY

#17 Nov 1, 2012
You people need to be fishing! Smh!
Barclay Banister

Dunmor, KY

#18 Nov 1, 2012
As I stated, I have practiced numerous cases in front of Judge Woodall with Atty. Woodall on the other side and he does disclose this to all parties every time; I never said he didn't say that. Trust me when I say that there is no impropriety on either the Judge's or Karen's part on cases they are on together. I think it was the poster called "Question" that suggested that they discuss cases outside court insinuating something sinister; it wasn't Christy. Again, Judge Woodall is a very, very fair and even-handed Judge. Believe me: we're lucky to have him.
question

United States

#19 Nov 1, 2012
Barclay Banister wrote:
As I stated, I have practiced numerous cases in front of Judge Woodall with Atty. Woodall on the other side and he does disclose this to all parties every time; I never said he didn't say that. Trust me when I say that there is no impropriety on either the Judge's or Karen's part on cases they are on together. I think it was the poster called "Question" that suggested that they discuss cases outside court insinuating something sinister; it wasn't Christy. Again, Judge Woodall is a very, very fair and even-handed Judge. Believe me: we're lucky to have him.
and I was stating that when the work day ends in the courtroom. How can you know that the case isn't discussed over dinner? A helpful pointer here and there about what to argue the next day. I can't say for sure that happens just like you can't say for sure ot doesn't. Its the fact there is that clear opportunity for it to be done. That is the conflict of interest and reason that form of justice should not be allowed.
question

United States

#20 Nov 1, 2012
So Barclay as for me insinuating that something sinister is going on. Since your obviously blinded by the brown on your nose to admit that there is a conflict of interest there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ballpark hookups 5 hr The Enquirer 1
Cody Traylor single? (Oct '13) 5 hr ex 13
Kerrianne Hamby 8 hr exfriend 32
Southside with you. 8 hr Flipper 2
black truck 10 hr Lover 3
Barn wood, soild wood doors or old windows (Apr '12) 16 hr derrick 3
Roger and Stacy Hawkins 18 hr Don Moley 1

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance