Bright Life Farms is a bad place

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1 Nov 14, 2010
I am warning everyone that Bright Life farms is a terrible place that is ran by evil people. I know for a fact that one of the managers is an alcoholic that drinks while she is at work and they hire drug addicts and people that sell drugs. I witnessed the residents that live there be abused by the staff on more than one occasion. I used to work at that wretched place and I had to quit because I got tired of all the crap I saw happen there. I witnessed many wrong doings and illegal acts by the administrator and the managers while I worked there. They claim to be “Christians” but they are just hypocritical liars that use churches for donations and money. Do not ever lend anyone that works there your car. I was kind enough to let one of the managers borrow my car and she wrecked it. She promised to pay me for it but never did. I had to take her to small claims court and she lied in court under oath, I wonder what God would think of her lying under oath. I won my judgment and she stormed out of the court room mad as hell. She waited for me outside and said “you’re just a little bitch” and then she threatened me. This woman claims to be a “Christian” but she lies, cusses, wrecks cars and not pay for the damages and she threatens people. Is this the type of people you would want to take care of your mentally disabled loved one? You should think twice before putting anyone at Bright Life farms.
NoTolerance

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Nov 14, 2010
What is Bright Light Farms and who owns it?

Location hidden

#3 Nov 14, 2010
Bright Life Farms is a place where mentally disabled adults live. There are three big homes on the property and eight to ten people live in each home. Roberta Robertson is the administrator. There is not enough staff there to properly run the place so it is common for staff to work 24 hour shifts, which is what I worked.
NoTolerance

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Nov 16, 2010
Is it a non-profit 501C3 organization and if so, who is on the board of directors? Seems as though an IRS or AG investigation might be in order.
mystery7 wrote:
Bright Life Farms is a place where mentally disabled adults live. There are three big homes on the property and eight to ten people live in each home. Roberta Robertson is the administrator. There is not enough staff there to properly run the place so it is common for staff to work 24 hour shifts, which is what I worked.
Meg

Owensboro, KY

#5 Nov 16, 2010
uhm. i don't like the comment "they hire drug addicts."
My mom used to work there & she's definitely not a "drug addict" or whatever.
-Sure, when my momma worked there i wasn't exactly crazy about the way things were done there & how my mom was treated .. BUT .. you could've chosen your words a little better.

Thanks.

Location hidden

#6 Nov 17, 2010
Meg, I have no ideas why you took offense to my statement that Bright Life Farms hires drug addicts” I am saying what I know to be true. I did not say “EVERYONE that has ever been hired to work there is a drug addict” I used to work there and I have never done drugs. I say things the way it is. You should not be so sensitive and so quick to assume that I am talking about your mother when I have no clue who your mom is.
As I was saying I know for a fact that drug addicts have worked at Bright Life Farms. I have witnessed other staff taking drugs while on shift. There was more than one employee that had past drug convictions. The managers there are very unprofessional and will talk about your personal business to other staff. One manager would tell me the most private things about other employees. I knew the managers and administrator was evil so I played along like I was a nice girl that would never get them in trouble and they loved me while I worked there. You know the old saying; keep your friends close and your enemies closer. That is exactly what I did with these people. I kept notes of everything they did. Anyway the managers would tell me “oh that new girl, her criminal background check came back and she has several drug convictions we will have to let her go when we find a replacement.” Then they would fire people a month later when they had someone to cover those 24 hour shifts. If someone has multiple drug convictions they should have been fired right then and there. It is another example of how Bright Life farms only cares about the money and not about people.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 17, 2010
Bright Life farms is a nonprofit organization. Everything on the property is paid for. The administrator charges over $1,000 a month for these people to live there. There have been so many lies, and forgery going on in that place. Not only that but she gets lots of donations from churches. This place practically begs for donations and money when they do not need it. The administrator is just a greedy, heartless, hypocritical liar that pretends she is a Christian. She said many times “I don’t like going to these churches either but we have to make an appearance because they give us donations.” If your heart is not into it and you’re only going to church for donations and money then that says a lot about you as a person. I hope that the churches that donate anything to Bright Life Farms will read this and know what kind of people they are really donating to.
NoTolerance

Albuquerque, NM

#8 Nov 17, 2010
Do you know who is on the board of directors?
mystery7 wrote:
Bright Life farms is a nonprofit organization. Everything on the property is paid for. The administrator charges over $1,000 a month for these people to live there. There have been so many lies, and forgery going on in that place. Not only that but she gets lots of donations from churches. This place practically begs for donations and money when they do not need it. The administrator is just a greedy, heartless, hypocritical liar that pretends she is a Christian. She said many times “I don’t like going to these churches either but we have to make an appearance because they give us donations.” If your heart is not into it and you’re only going to church for donations and money then that says a lot about you as a person. I hope that the churches that donate anything to Bright Life Farms will read this and know what kind of people they are really donating to.
bpssas

Spirit Lake, IA

#9 Nov 17, 2010
I worked @ bright life farms and I loved my job. You're absolutely right about the owner & staff. I was a stellar employee. The owner is a FAKE christian & her daughter is a resident there w/severe disabilities. She avoids her daughter @ all costs. They even use a "phone call" to talk to mom as a bribe for her daughter to act right. Yes, the manager is an alcoholic, although I've never known her to drink on the job(doesn't mean it hasn't happened). The manager of another house is a pill head, a control freak, liar & the queen of gossip. I was blindsided by them bc manager I just spoke of was my house manager. I never had any problems & then one day, out of the blue, I was fired based on that manager lying to Roberta (director) saying that I was sleeping @ my desk, on the job. Also, I was helping the house manager in the new house w/residents, at his request, advice on how to handle certain situations w/females. That was totally misconstrued & reported as me causing trouble.
So, unless your desperate, DO NOT go to work there.
Love

Spirit Lake, IA

#10 Nov 17, 2010
I know Linda Rickard pretty well and she is a liar theif and an alcoholic. She has been fired from at least 3 or 4 other jobs for this crap and borrows money and never pays it back. She is pretty worthless if you ask me.
Alton Ace

United States

#11 Nov 17, 2010
Where does Harold Greenfield fit in with this picture? How can his wife afford to drive a Jaugar and him a Cadallic? Something smells fishey here.

Location hidden

#13 Nov 18, 2010
The Board of Directors is the administrator Roberta Robertson and her husband Donny. A woman that goes by the name Bert is also on there but I can’t remember her full name. Bert is not there often. She comes and goes. I do not think she knows of all the wrong doings that goes on at Bright Life farms. I know that the administrator and the mangers talked about Bert like a dog. They would say how they don’t like her but she does a lot for Bright life so they just put up with her.
NoTolerance

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Nov 18, 2010
Me 2 ... seems that there should be an investigation into these allegations.
Alton Ace wrote:
Where does Harold Greenfield fit in with this picture? How can his wife afford to drive a Jaugar and him a Cadallic? Something smells fishey here.
Oh yeah

Spirit Lake, IA

#15 Nov 18, 2010
Yeah well Linda has went to sma claims court more than once over crap like that.

Location hidden

#16 Nov 18, 2010
I have no idea who Harold Greenfield is so I cannot comment n him. Yes, Bright Life Farms needs a serious investigation and I am sure they will be shut down for good when that happens. I swear I could write a book about the immoral and illegal things I witnessed happen there. Here is one I will not soon forget. When the new house was being opened, the state had to come in to make sure the house was up to standards and make sure we had enough staff for the new house. As usual we did not have enough staff. Instead of just waiting and doing thing in a legal way (oh goodness no because each day that house was not opened Roberta Robertson was losing money!) This is how they got around it…. I am ashamed to say that I saw the secretary and one of the managers forging documents and the signatures of employees that had quit or got fired in the past. Yes you read that right, they committed forgery on documents! Forgery is a felony in Kentucky. The manger even told me “you did not see this” they did this so that when the state came they would believe there was enough staff working to open the new house. I was shocked and outrage over this. The administrator said during a meeting “It was wrong but God will understand that we had to do it.” I wanted to say “God might understand but a judge will not understand.” This is how greedy Roberta is; before the new house was opened she took in a new resident and put her in one of the other houses and basically hid her there. She told all the staff not to tell anyone this woman was already living there. She told us to lie to the state if they asked about this woman being there. This people claim to be “Christians” and here they are lying, committing felonies and forging documents and signatures.
I sure wish I had known Linda Rickard had been to court more than once. I would not have loaned her my car. The first few months I worked there she was super sweet to me and the entire time she was talking behind my back and being two faced.

Location hidden

#17 Nov 18, 2010
This is another example of how low down those people are. When Linda had my car she got a ticket for no registration. I had my registration but that sticker was with me in my backpack. I am the worlds worst at remembering to put it on my car. Anyway I told her it was my fault she got the ticket and I would go to court with her and show that I had registration and the ticket would be dismissed. About a month before the court date, the administrator and the mangers made my life a living hell. Roberta called me in for a meeting. She was being all dramatic and she said “ I have heard the worst thing about you and I want to know if it is true” I am thinking she is going to accuse me of mass murder or something terrible by the way she was acting then she said “I heard you are an Atheist is that true.” I said “yes but what does that have to do with anything.” Ms. Stupid actually had the ignorance to tell me “we can’t have that. It says on our brochure that we only hire Christians and if you are an Atheist then we are not following what our brochure says” I could not believe what I was hearing! That is religious discrimination and that is against the law! Right after that meeting my hours was cut and my schedule was completely changed. Let me remind everyone that less than one week before this meeting I got my review that they give each staff every three months. My review said that I am a breath of fresh air. They said I am the best and friendliest employee they ever had. They said the residents adored me and I always go the extra mile for my job. It was all good stuff, nothing bad at all in my review. I knew that Roberta was trying to get me to quit. I did not have another job at that time so I was trying to tough it out. I went to court with Linda on the court date for the registration. Remember she acted fine and did not give me a hint that anything was wrong at all. I showed the judge I had registration and the ticket was dismissed. As soon as we got back to the car, we are still in the court house parking lot and Linda tells me “this is not easy for me to say but Roberta told me to tell you that you can quit now or she will fire you in 2 weeks.” I was pissed! I told her “you knew about this and you used me to go to court with you because you need me to get this ticket dismissed for you.” Being the coward that she is she did not say a work to me because everything I said was true. I did quit right after that. This is the kind of evil, lying and manipulative people that work there.
NoTolerance

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Nov 19, 2010
Anyone know where Harold Greenfield fits into the picture OR if he does. Who is he? Just gathering info at this point.
Oh yeah

Spirit Lake, IA

#19 Nov 19, 2010
Well the house Linda used to live in and was buying on a land contract from Libby Travis on North Jefferson she totally quit paying & destroyed the house. Linda moved her drug addicted daughter and her three boys in this house and destroyed it. The house had to be totally gutted after she was evicted. She was taken to small claims court over the cost and back payments where she never showed up and still has never paid shit to this day. Every job she has had at the hospital and at the eagles she was fired for stealing.

Nebo, KY

#21 Nov 20, 2010
All I can say is WOW!! All of this totally blows my mind. I have been to Bright Life once for a whole day as a group. To me It was an awesome establishment but after reading all of this, I guess I was deceived!! It is amazing what can go on behind the scenes--I am at a loss for words!
MUNSER

Hawesville, KY

#23 Nov 22, 2010
Im not sure I believe all this stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 7 min Rattlesnake Pete 957
Treehouse foods (May '16) 6 hr Victor 11
Roy Genes Homeless Shelter 9 hr Street sweeper 13
Special treatment at jail 9 hr Dale Denton 101
Younger guy at Walmart with dyed grey hair 11 hr parent 41
Dacia 13 hr Birds the word 4
lil rob aka robert taylor works at mcdonalds 14 hr karr 13
Has anyone else suffered from Burning Scalp Syn... (Apr '11) Jul 8 risakay11 484

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Princeton Mortgages