Ovey announces for fifth term as pros...

Ovey announces for fifth term as prosecutor for 56th Circuit

There are 17 comments on the Lyon County Herald Ledger Newspaper story from Jan 25, 2012, titled Ovey announces for fifth term as prosecutor for 56th Circuit. In it, Lyon County Herald Ledger Newspaper reports that:

Friends and supporters of Commonwealth Attorney G.L. Oven took a few minutes Friday to hear him formally announce his candidacy for a fifth term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lyon County Herald Ledger Newspaper.

Beth

Dunmor, KY

#1 Feb 3, 2012
Why !
HOlmes

Earlington, KY

#2 Feb 4, 2012
Who do you think would do better?
JKMills

Cadiz, KY

#3 Feb 4, 2012
Barkley Bannister or Jarrad Jackson or just about anyone would be better. He's made a lot of enemies while he's been in office, that's for sure.
HOlmes

White Plains, KY

#4 Feb 4, 2012
Bannister might be ok but Jarod Jackson is a blooming idiot. Neither one could beat GL anyway.
chopper

United States

#5 Feb 4, 2012
I hope Banister runs for county attorney again. He would do a wonderful job. As for Jackson, I don't feel the same.
HOlmes

White Plains, KY

#6 Feb 5, 2012
No one is wrestling that position away from Bridgie Miller either. Bannister gave it a decent run. Jackson sat out on Druther's corner waving at people to try and win it. Bridgie and any incumbent in this county for that matter is unbeatable because people just dont care. No one will run against Ovey either and then his daughter (who does a very good job) will be the next one when Ovey gives it up
Binny

United States

#7 Feb 5, 2012
G.L. Is the stuff. Top notch prosecutor and his daughter is even better!!!
your forget

Crofton, KY

#8 Feb 5, 2012
Binny wrote:
He let George walk free ( he is the stuff)
Information

United States

#9 Feb 5, 2012
Binny wrote:
odd according to Matt Hawkins GLAD Ovey ordered Sony Bradleys DEATH and she is burried under cement at his house. Matt brags about GL's power. She went to the US Marshalls about his drug activity and he and her ex boyfriend David "took care of her". HOW SICK
william b

Nebo, KY

#10 Feb 5, 2012
Binny wrote:

Yep you got that shit right they are not a team to mess with. If I ever got in trouble I hope they would be my lawyers!
william b

Nebo, KY

#11 Feb 5, 2012
Information wrote:
<quoted text>odd according to Matt Hawkins GLAD Ovey ordered Sony Bradleys DEATH and she is burried under cement at his house. Matt brags about GL's power. She went to the US Marshalls about his drug activity and he and her ex boyfriend David "took care of her". HOW SICK
Can't and never will be proven but I really think that's the truth.... If everyone will remember David lock his self in his house and would only talk to GL I know he had a garbage bag full of pot in his house that never was recovered!!! David you will rot in hell and so will the guy hat helped you clean our van
What

Dunmor, KY

#12 Feb 10, 2012
HOlmes wrote:
No one is wrestling that position away from Bridgie Miller either. Bannister gave it a decent run. Jackson sat out on Druther's corner waving at people to try and win it. Bridgie and any incumbent in this county for that matter is unbeatable because people just dont care. No one will run against Ovey either and then his daughter (who does a very good job) will be the next one when Ovey gives it up
I didn't know that Ovey has nepotism in his office, That's a state job how can he be doing this. I think it's wrong to have state offices with nepotism in them!
Anonymous

United States

#13 Feb 10, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know that Ovey has nepotism in his office, That's a state job how can he be doing this. I think it's wrong to have state offices with nepotism in them!
Elected officials can hire whomever they want as long as they are qualified. They are non-merit positions. Hell, I believe the Commonwealth Attorney in Calloway Co. gave his wife multiple titles so she probably makes almost as much as he does.
sally

Dunmor, KY

#14 Feb 11, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Elected officials can hire whomever they want as long as they are qualified. They are non-merit positions. Hell, I believe the Commonwealth Attorney in Calloway Co. gave his wife multiple titles so she probably makes almost as much as he does.
Well it looks like someone that is the big law man in this area would try to look like it, He's been there to long when he hires his kids to do hid job, it's just sick
Pigg McGee

Spirit Lake, IA

#15 Feb 11, 2012
If you didn't vote-and I'm sure you didn't- You can't complain.
Strange

Nortonville, KY

#16 Feb 13, 2012
Pigg McGee wrote:
If you didn't vote-and I'm sure you didn't- You can't complain.
Were do you get off saying that !
william b

Cadiz, KY

#17 Feb 14, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know that Ovey has nepotism in his office, That's a state job how can he be doing this. I think it's wrong to have state offices with nepotism in them!
Sonya let it out that day in court, she told all the dirty laundry on all of Lyon county officials. It is so sad all she wanted was for her mom to keep Joey's kids and not go back to there mom which had feed them drain cleaner. She was looking forward to her money and taking a trip I miss you Sonja very much and pray you are at peace every day!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Athletic Center 2 hr Too much junk 1
Ernest and Phillip Atwood 4 hr Visitor 4
robert saylers 4 hr Boss 2
John Lundstrom 6 hr Hot Carl 7
Crooked tail 9 hr Largo 9
snapchat usernames (Oct '16) 11 hr breebaby 60
Princeton Ky......Speed Trap City Fri Josh 7

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance