Personnel shakeup at WAVJ-Radio in Pr...

Personnel shakeup at WAVJ-Radio in Princeton

Posted in the Princeton Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
LBINHW

Spirit Lake, IA

#1 Sep 29, 2011
Does anyone have information to share?
Hoof-hearted

Dunmor, KY

#2 Sep 29, 2011
People still listen to local radio? Wow! Didn't realize it was still the 1950s.
well

Estherville, IA

#3 Sep 29, 2011
i still listen to it and what happened up there last i heard perry byrd was over it
curious cat

Grand Rivers, KY

#4 Sep 29, 2011
what happened?
Internet guy

Dunmor, KY

#5 Sep 29, 2011
I'm sure it will remain the same embarrassment to the community that it has been for a long time.
Udder Butter

Santa Fe, NM

#6 Sep 29, 2011
Hell...Princeton radio has been a joke since B.G. (Briggs Gordon) left 40 or so years ago. RIP / WPKY
curious cat

Grand Rivers, KY

#7 Sep 30, 2011
?????????/ what happened?
lol

Spirit Lake, IA

#8 Sep 30, 2011
Ann Lauren is talking on there now and she sucks.
bahahahahaha

Spirit Lake, IA

#9 Sep 30, 2011
i totally agree, she talks so slow like she can't read what is on that piece of paper and by the time she gets done you can't even remember what she said. it's pitiful. someone should tell her that that isn't her calling.
johnny reb

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Sep 30, 2011
I think it's time to resurrect Saturday Night with the Griff!!!
Internet guy

Dunmor, KY

#11 Oct 1, 2011
Radio stations are like most members of the media anymore. Owners pay next to nothing to their employees and don't care what type of product they put out.
All that matters is the bottom line. They cut expenses as much as possible to try to make a few bucks off of it.
The radio station is not owned locally, and I'm sure those owners don't give two popcorn farts about what the Princeton radio station sounds like or how it serves the community. All they want is a little profit for their investment.
I'm just surprised that someone hasn't bought the radio station and moved it to a bigger market. It could easily go more toward Hopkinsville and try to get into the Clarksville area, or go more toward the lakes and try to get into Marshall County, Murray and Paducah. Lots more businesses in those areas to sell ads to.
Of course, what does the local radio provide that you can't find online anymore? You can listen to music and/or get news on the Internet, so the days of local radio stations is probably numbered anyway.
hi

Spirit Lake, IA

#12 Oct 2, 2011
Ann Luaren is over it.
animalover

United States

#13 Oct 3, 2011
hi wrote:
Ann Luaren is over it.
I was listening to her the other day and either she has trouble reading or her mind doesnt comprehend what she is reading before she speaks because she sounds like a total idiot and messes up constantly! And what is up with the music these days?
just around once

United States

#14 Oct 4, 2011
Where else can you here Bridgie announce another touchdown?
what

Lexington, KY

#15 Oct 4, 2011
Ann Lauren is AWFUL on the radio. I can't help but laugh at her, she can not pronounce anything. Poor girl is making a fool of herself.
rocknroll

United States

#16 Oct 5, 2011
She is terrible! I too laugh everytime I hear her. She stumbles over her words way too much. Radio is not her calling
laughing

United States

#17 Oct 5, 2011
Ann Lauren who? Heaton? If it is her, OMG she cant pronounce anything
turnipdown

Spirit Lake, IA

#18 Oct 5, 2011
She was heaton now she is cash.
new

Nortonville, KY

#19 Oct 5, 2011
It sucks. I'm tired of listening to that awful music. This isn't 1980 ,1970, or even 1990's. We need better music. I'd rather listen to country then that
what

Lexington, KY

#20 Oct 6, 2011
I enjoy the music I just can't stand her on the radio. They need to hire someone who can read!! Sorry Ann Lauren, radio isn't for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McDonalds 57 min WTH 1
It is a sin to vote or register for the Democra... 4 hr Higher Critic 29
Jackie Lady 4 hr fear 3
Hopkinville Street is a Log Road 11 hr Daisy Dukes 2
James Martin (Jun '15) Thu Nobody 4
Ashley Osborne Thu Snowflake 2
David Lee Cooper Thu People need prayers 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Princeton Mortgages