Emmetsburg, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

Judged:

I think that you are full of sh$t. Don't you know human trafficking is serious? You can't just get on a topix site and ask someone for their child....it just doesn't work that way! If you want to adopt, you go through an adoption agency or the state.....you don't get on a site and advertise. Networking my A$$ you are probably a pedophile
lost

Tifton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2011

actually something can be done called "open adoption" which means all you do is go thru an attorney and sign custody of the child over. And I really doubt that topix would really be a place to be "networking" for that sort of thing tho. Maybe signing up for one of the millions of planned parenting profile holders would be a little more useful if in fact you are looking for an adoption.
wow72

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

It certainly wasan't my intention to make it sound negative. I recently heard about this website and to my understanding it was informal. A coworker told me alot of people use it. To your post 'whatever' networking for adoption is an option to adoptees. It's called 'independent adoption'( http://adopting.adoption.com/child/independen... ) In doing so, the adoption fees are not nearly as expensive when a birthmother is located without the help from an agency. I don't know about you but I'm not made of money. The process is still the same as far as all the legal points. Agencies and attorney's still are involved and all the proper steps are taken so NO laws are broken. Thanks 'lost' for the advice, I will try that.
truth hurtz

Spirit Lake, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

Judged:

wow72 wrote:
It certainly wasan't my intention to make it sound negative. I recently heard about this website and to my understanding it was informal. A coworker told me alot of people use it. To your post 'whatever' networking for adoption is an option to adoptees. It's called 'independent adoption'( http://adopting.adoption.com/child/independen... ) In doing so, the adoption fees are not nearly as expensive when a birthmother is located without the help from an agency. I don't know about you but I'm not made of money. The process is still the same as far as all the legal points. Agencies and attorney's still are involved and all the proper steps are taken so NO laws are broken. Thanks 'lost' for the advice, I will try that.
You have to excuse stupid minded ppl. In this town ppl use it to bash others instead of good info like this is what it should be. I am sorry you can't concieve. I hope one day you can experience being a mother. Good things will come your way, I just know it.
wow72

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

I appreciate the compassion of your response. I was trying to think positive by using this site for help but I realize now it was a mistake. Any suggestions on a site for parent profileing would be a great help!
whatever

Emmetsburg, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

Stupid? I think not, I actually know how the process works, and there's no such thing as "signing" a kid over with an attorney...there has to be a termination of the biological parent's rights, then a petition for adoption in the local circuit court, a home eval by local state authorities.....sounds suspicious to me that ANY attorney would point someone to topix to ask for a child. Sounds to me as if you are trying to "appear" legit and mislead a parent, which makes me suspicious of your intentions. I only want to be the voice here so that someone doesn't think they are doing the right thing by giving you their child. A protective parent wouldn't be on topix asking for a child, seems that your judgement isn't that great. So, if there are any parents that want to allow their child to be adopted, I suggest going through the safe haven law by leaving your child at a hospital, pd, etc...PLEASE DO NOT GIVE YOUR CHILD TO SOMEONE ON TOPIX!!! And WOW, if you were as legit as you say you are, you would already be on an adoption/foster list somewhere, not baby shopping on topix. My advise is to contact the local social services agency and become approved as an adoptive parent and then they will assist you. If you are indeed legit.
please

Spirit Lake, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

Judged:

whatever wrote:
Stupid? I think not, I actually know how the process works, and there's no such thing as "signing" a kid over with an attorney...there has to be a termination of the biological parent's rights, then a petition for adoption in the local circuit court, a home eval by local state authorities.....sounds suspicious to me that ANY attorney would point someone to topix to ask for a child. Sounds to me as if you are trying to "appear" legit and mislead a parent, which makes me suspicious of your intentions. I only want to be the voice here so that someone doesn't think they are doing the right thing by giving you their child. A protective parent wouldn't be on topix asking for a child, seems that your judgement isn't that great. So, if there are any parents that want to allow their child to be adopted, I suggest going through the safe haven law by leaving your child at a hospital, pd, etc...PLEASE DO NOT GIVE YOUR CHILD TO SOMEONE ON TOPIX!!! And WOW, if you were as legit as you say you are, you would already be on an adoption/foster list somewhere, not baby shopping on topix. My advise is to contact the local social services agency and become approved as an adoptive parent and then they will assist you. If you are indeed legit.
Shut up and mind your own business.
Wonderful Thing

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2011

ADOPTION precious thing. If done legal & RIGHT, every child deserves wonderful parents & home. Glad they check for good homes.red yellow black white all precious in gods sight!Yes open adoption make sure you have a lawyer my recommendations
Adoptionbound

Plymouth, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

I would like to add that I am looking to adopt and have a lawyer and he has told me to advertise wherever I want and whenever I want. You cannot go thru the adoption process untill you have an approved homestudy and they will make sure that you are not selling children. So I say keep it up! People are locating Birthmoms and Adoptive Parents on Facebook so I think Topix is fine too
BJ BIG BUTS bottoms up

Emmetsburg, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2012

Adopt a puppy or kitten. They are less maintenance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

45 Users are viewing the Princeton Forum right now

Search the Princeton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Liberals are looney 145,016
james hamm 15 min Auntie 28
planters bank Scanner audio 33 min Auntie 11
jason sharp 1 hr trash 12
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,171
planters bank 12 hr Auntie 72
Here is how to report Disability Fraud (Mar '11) 16 hr anonymous 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Princeton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Princeton People Search