S. Ind. woman charged in newborn's death

S. Ind. woman charged in newborn's death

There are 32 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 28, 2008, titled S. Ind. woman charged in newborn's death. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A woman whose newborn baby who was found dead in a cardboard box in her basement has been charged with murder after investigators determined the child was born alive.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Internet User

United States

#26 Jan 28, 2008
ryan wrote:
<quoted text>
People who do this sort of thing don't have decent parents.
YUP!! I AGREE!!!
georgia

United States

#28 Jan 28, 2008
From someone who has given birth to a 10 week preemie with a 50/50 chance to live and a 18 week stillborn--why would you not give the child to someone who would live it. She needs to be sterilzed and punished to the fullest extent of the law.
georgia

United States

#29 Jan 28, 2008
Sorry my post was to say LOVE it.
Sad

Carrollton, TX

#31 Jan 28, 2008
So very sad for this poor little child of God. Rest in peace, baby. Rot in Hell, "mommy". God help us!
Cooter

Indianapolis, IN

#30 Jan 28, 2008
What was it? A Shake-N-Bake???
Shake the baby, then burn it with meth? Indiana has the worst record of abuse toward chilren--anywhere!
the man who knows all

Oakland City, IN

#32 Jan 28, 2008
Liberal Tammy wrote:
Why is everyone so upset? This our country post Roe v Wade. The cheapening of human life. If the "mother" had jammed a knife through the back of the baby's skull while the body was out of the birthcanal (with the head still in the birthcanal) she would be commended by Democrats everywhere. She could have done this the very same day she suffocated the baby and Democrats would have been glad she had the "right to choose".
. it is not them it is gibson county and for some reison the [email protected] work got sent off but nver got done
the man who knows all

Oakland City, IN

#33 Jan 28, 2008
it is not them it is gibson county and for some reson the [email protected] got sent off and nevery got dune it took another 8 monthes for a spechliste to find fibers in the childs mouth now tell me the child was not brething??????
the man who knows all

Oakland City, IN

#34 Jan 28, 2008
Logical Me wrote:
If she went to the hospital in March with cramps related to childbirth and they didn't find the body until November, what were the police doing for 8 months. Why didn't they get a search warrant? That seems to be logical!
the child was found 3 days later but beeing the man who knows it is bull shit thay found a dead child in her house 3 days after she wint to the hasp. laws or know laws that is gilty to me trust me think how the .man. fells
ATe

Noblesville, IN

#35 Jan 28, 2008
UNBELIEVABLE! Can we atleast get her fixed? When will Indiana start valueing children? It's now ok to kill babies and keep them in a box like a bad Christmas gift? Charge her and the FRY HER!
the man that knows all

Oakland City, IN

#36 Jan 28, 2008
Im watching the news right now and she states that the baby was not humen yet although she was 37 weeks and full term is 38 to 42 weeks so that gives her what right to put it in a box she haves been prego 4 dif. time she should know better 2 kids alive 1 aborded 1 dead one she gave up 1 yr. befor she did this the other the state took from her and gave to his father.
Common Sense

Carmel, IN

#37 Jan 28, 2008
Actually, it's very easy to see if the baby was alive or not. Test the lung tissue for the presence of oxygen. If the baby took a breath, there will be oxygenated cell tissue. And that means that the baby was alive. That's Autopsy 101 for an infant.

I'll be watching this one.
the man that knows all

Oakland City, IN

#38 Jan 28, 2008
Common Sense wrote:
Actually, it's very easy to see if the baby was alive or not. Test the lung tissue for the presence of oxygen. If the baby took a breath, there will be oxygenated cell tissue. And that means that the baby was alive. That's Autopsy 101 for an infant.
I'll be watching this one.
that is true. but how comes they found cloth fibers in its mouth. and that is true so the baby was alive long enough for her help to cut the embcord. wrap the baby up in a towel walk over put it in a box slid it under a table then walk up stares and for get the whole thing that sounds like( methed) out pre meatated murder i am no DR. but some one has got to have there head up there ass on this one. But what Is it just gibson counte where bullshit walks and money talks!!!!???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mackenro 2 hr Hello 1
Felons allowed in Hud housing (Sep '16) 19 hr watcher 7
Michelle buck 19 hr Tat2girl85 13
Ashley Delaney Tue am real 2
Dental Clinics Jul 24 Clinics 3
girls down to f$ck (Nov '12) Jul 23 Anonymous 5
Sierra Ashworth Jul 22 sierradawn 4

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance