temp at toyota
really

Milwaukee, WI

#1 Nov 2, 2013
Can you get day shift after just working one year thru temp service? What are the temp shift hours?
klo

Milwaukee, WI

#2 Nov 2, 2013
I think they work whenever. I don't think there are only two shifts? I maybe wrong
Amanda

Kent, OH

#3 Nov 2, 2013
As far as work, they run two shifts. Blue shift and Gold shift. Blue shift is from 6:30am-3:15pm. Gold starts at 7:15pm-4:00am. Temps at Toyota are on both shifts. You could be a temp on Blue shift for years. When you transition from a temp emoter to a Toyota a Employee, you must go to gold shift and remain there until you have enough seniority to go to blue.
klo

Milwaukee, WI

#4 Nov 2, 2013
Amanda wrote:
As far as work, they run two shifts. Blue shift and Gold shift. Blue shift is from 6:30am-3:15pm. Gold starts at 7:15pm-4:00am. Temps at Toyota are on both shifts. You could be a temp on Blue shift for years. When you transition from a temp emoter to a Toyota a Employee, you must go to gold shift and remain there until you have enough seniority to go to blue.
Really how long does it take to get on the blue shift as a temp?
Amanda

Kent, OH

#5 Nov 2, 2013
klo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really how long does it take to get on the blue shift as a temp?
Again, you may hire in on Blue shift. Toyota wants a balance of temps on both shifts. There are hundreds of temps who hired in on blue shift and have never worked nights.
umm

Milwaukee, WI

#6 Nov 3, 2013
Amanda wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you may hire in on Blue shift. Toyota wants a balance of temps on both shifts. There are hundreds of temps who hired in on blue shift and have never worked nights.
If you hire in on gold is there ever a chance to get switched to blue or once ur on gold as temp that's where u have to stay til hired on by Toyota.
Amanda

Kent, OH

#7 Nov 3, 2013
umm wrote:
<quoted text>
If you hire in on gold is there ever a chance to get switched to blue or once ur on gold as temp that's where u have to stay til hired on by Toyota.
That is correct, if you hire in on Gold, plan on being on Gold for a long time. The average temp will spend approx 15 months as a temp before getting hired as a full time employee. Then, once hired, you will be on nights for at least 10 years, UNLESS the The east plant gets a new vehicle and expands and then the wait time would be sooner.
hey

Milwaukee, WI

#8 Nov 6, 2013
Do they hire for part time too I'm not really looking for full time have little ones to take care of?
LaTrisha

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Nov 6, 2013
It's not a guarantee that it will be a 10 year wait to go to days. It could possibly be sooner, but expect to be on nights for awhile. As far as hiring Aerotek for part time I'm not sure. I think theyre really looking for full time people, but it wouldnt hurt to check into it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Princeton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wrongful termination 7 hr Gainfully employed 9
Why won't my girl admit cheating 7 hr Bob the husband 4
Tosha May Sat i dought that 6
it good to be back home Sat Ridiculousness 3
Suebee your husband is cheating with my hooker ... Sat Retract thread 3
Apology Fri Bob H 1
Any ladies wanna party tonight? Message me. Aug 24 Catdog 2

Princeton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance