Froma Harrop's troubling support of French burkini bans
Tunisian women, one wearing a burkini, a full-body swimsuit designed for Muslim women, swim recently at Ghar El Melh beach near Bizerte, northeast of the capital Tunis. Several French towns have banned women from wearing burkinis.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver Post.
Since: Apr 13
#1 Aug 25, 2016
Europe made the mistake of letting too many Muslims in.
#2 Aug 25, 2016
Why do some non-muslims defend muslims?
The majority/minority principle - Let us say there are a group of children who see a particular people attached to a belief system. In order for them to develop an opinion about it, most of the folks attached to this belief have to act a particular way. This is because in order for a person to form a notion regarding something, most people associated with this thing have to behave a certain way. So if these children see the majority of muslims not committing terrorism, they associate 'non-terrorism' with islam and its followers and hence if someone opposes those who do not commit terrorism, these children defend them.
Now, if these children were explained that the majority/minority principle should not be applied here because of 6 reasons -
- Terrorism is mandated in islam.
- The majority of muslims, just like the minority of terrorists, are also against female equality, kill/imprison homosexuals, kill/imprison apostates, oppose secular democracy et al.
- A substantial number of this majority support or approve the minority of terrorists.
- Just because they are not commiting terrorism themselves, does not mean they are against the very principle of it.
- The prophet of this majority himself was a terrorist. And to emulate the prophet is required in islam. And muslims take their prophet and their religion seriously.
- Both the majority and the minority belong to the same ethos - The islamic ethos. They have the same islamic values, culture and beliefs.
Therefore, it is a mistake to apply the simplistic majority/minority principle when it comes to muslims. The muslims who do not commit terrorism, must also be opposed, and not supported. Many children might understand this and change their opinion. Many may not understand it. Those who do not understand this, can be forgiven, because well, they are children.
But the muslim apologists we are talking about are not children - They are full-grown adults. They cannot behave like children. They are imperiling our entire civilization. In an ideal world, they would be in prison. We must hold them accountable for their actions.
Add your comments below
|Homestead Heritage (Feb '12)||Oct '18||Bill||9|
|Things That are Obvious||Jun '18||Weird||1|
|ISP wants liquor licensees to be open, make sal... (Jul '17)||Jul '17||Reh9989||1|
|Psycho Punk Pizza Pusher (Dec '16)||Dec '16||Kurtz||1|
|Who do you support for U.S. House in Idaho (Dis... (Oct '10)||Jun '16||spoon||10|
|Princeton Borough, Township allow illegal immig... (May '10)||May '10||jack||1|
|St Joseph valedictorian to attend Princeton (Jun '09)||Oct '09||Bolex||3|
Find what you want!
Search Princeton Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC