John De Jesus

Alexandria, VA

#1 Aug 21, 2013
A company Ipod goes missing on Monday morning.
The Ipod had been left unsecured in an open area and several days later, the volunteers are questioned.
An officer questions me and tells me that I had been seen entering the office as I left a written note there that morning.
On Tuesday we are summoned to a meeting regarding patient privacy, we are also told that we are not needed the next day due to an excess of volunteers.
The next day we are then told by phone that we can no longer volunteer there, and that we are to meet with them the next morning.
With a few hours remaining before that meeting, a few things come to mind;
A competent administrator would have called it a loss and had taken measures to avoid it happening again.
Abusing the volunteers was not the right thing to do.
There were other options, better ways of dealing with this matter.
Sure, it might have all been proper and legal, but was it right to fire two volunteers to make up for management's negligence and criminal lack of judgment?
My wife had volunteered for years without incident, this was my first, and probably last experience, she won't protest, but, I will.
Call it karma, the responsible parties deserve, in the public forum, to lose their jobs over the way they abused us, to have to speak up in public and explain why they chose to do the wrong thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prince George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boppers Mystery Deepens Jan '17 let it die 4
News Petersburg hit with lawsuit over $1.2 million i... (Sep '16) Sep '16 True Judgement 1
News VA: Fatal shooting in Prince George called self... (Nov '08) Aug '16 True Judgement 177
Parkland Ventures - Bexley Mobile Home Park (Aug '15) Apr '16 Sjn 4
No Running Water Again | Bexley Mobile Home Par... (Feb '16) Feb '16 news 1
Tilted Kilt (Jun '12) Jan '16 ITz me 8
News Hide-and-seek leads to trespassing charges in Va. (Aug '13) Jan '16 Random 2

Prince George Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prince George Mortgages