Three candidates running for Hopewell council seat in Ward 1

Apr 8, 2010 Full story: Progress-Index 348

With Hopewell city council elections less than four weeks away, a total of eleven candidates are gearing up to win the four seats open this year.

Full Story
First Prev
of 18
Next Last
So what is next

Hopewell, VA

#1 Apr 8, 2010
Do we trade clown for clown ?
The nerve that Yolanda Stokes, David Sylvestro, Wayne Taylor have in running for public office.
Greg Cuffey, Christina Bailey, We hope you are the last we heard of!!!
Hopewell has been the butt joke for a long time, we need it stopped as well as change.
Mr. Daley, Mr Martin and I did not address you as Chief, because where it stand's you have not filled or earned that title ! I hope new council will fill both your shoes with capable people who know what is expected of them. You have wasted our taxpayor money with investigating everyone that work's for you, trip's, and I could go on with the money that was given to project's unneccessary.
Citizen's if you want a better town, make change, the good old boy's are still working to put their candidate in so they can control the votes. Show them once more who has the power !!!!

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#2 Apr 8, 2010
Just a friendly reminder. If you elect unethical, immoral and corrupt people to office then you will get unethical, immoral and corrupt people appointed to key positions.

Don't just vote for someone because they are popular. You are voting for the whole person not just who they may know.

We have enough of these individuals in our City Government as it is. Look at our key posistions in this City. We need to clean out all of City Council and the Sheriff. Get the good ol boy sytem out of the politics of our city.

The problem is those that are running for City Council are just as bad if not worse than what we currently have.

I think Wayne Taylor and David Silvestro are the poster children for unethical, immoral and corrupt people and have no business in government.

Come on Hopewell we can do better than these people.
Hopewell Mom

Hopewell, VA

#3 Apr 8, 2010
GO WAYNE!!!!! We need someone with a little back bone in Hopewell!!!
Just me

Hopewell, VA

#4 Apr 8, 2010
I agree with the first two posters and strongly disagree with Hopewell Mom. I, too, am a Hopewell Mom and the last thing I want running this town where my family resides is someone like Wayne Taylor. He has been labeled in the local papers as being in "real estate" but the more honest labes would be slumlord. Let's call it as it really is, folks. Real estate takes at least some work and some training. Slumlord only takes buying and renting out substandard housing. I do NOT want to see Christina Bailey re-elected but even she would be preferable to ol' Crack Taylor. Can't you just picture him at a council meeting with his shirt wide open and his butt crack showing like it is every time we have the misfortune of seeing him? There isn't enough eye bleach to remove that picture from my mind. Hopewell needs to clean up its image and electing someone of his character would totally work against that goal.
Hopewell2

Hopewell, VA

#5 Apr 8, 2010
Just me wrote:
I agree with the first two posters and strongly disagree with Hopewell Mom. I, too, am a Hopewell Mom and the last thing I want running this town where my family resides is someone like Wayne Taylor. He has been labeled in the local papers as being in "real estate" but the more honest labes would be slumlord. Let's call it as it really is, folks. Real estate takes at least some work and some training. Slumlord only takes buying and renting out substandard housing. I do NOT want to see Christina Bailey re-elected but even she would be preferable to ol' Crack Taylor. Can't you just picture him at a council meeting with his shirt wide open and his butt crack showing like it is every time we have the misfortune of seeing him? There isn't enough eye bleach to remove that picture from my mind. Hopewell needs to clean up its image and electing someone of his character would totally work against that goal.
Wayne has been sold all his Crappy Properties,He was tired of dealing with the Substandard Renters!were you one? Now with that said. 1. He's not too blame for the trashy people that move too or live in Hwell 2.Ford,P&N and all the rest rent to the same folks 3. If you did not get to see the crack of Taylors ass! You wouldn't have nothing to write about on here! 4. Do you Really no him ? Other than looking @ his crack? He's A real SMART person {he had sense enough to buy alot of these Substanard homes you mentioned!and turned them over and made 1 MILLION + DOLLARS] 5.Do you know how many Foster Kids he and his wife have taken care over the years? were they your neices,nephews you didn't want to take in your self. or were they your abusives siblings kids or were they???? THEY TOOK EM IN REGARDLESS OF WHO OR WHAT OR THE COLOR OF THERE SKIN 6. Do you know how many F-Exchange students from all over the world has stayed @ the Taylors @ least 15, and now they are young adults still come over and visit them and Taylor goes to there countries to visit them. He would Be Perfect running this City! WE WOULD KNOW EXZACTLY WHERE HE STOOD ON EVERYTHING. Verses some of the ones we have running that talk the talk but don't walk it. Yes Taylor has his faults But Damn if I CAN CAST THAT FIRST STONE!!! CAN YOU ??? There is so much more to G Wayne Taylor than the Crack of his Ass & his Shirt Unbuttoned. WE WOULDN"T HAVE THIS GOOD O BOY CRAP OUR CITY HAS NOW. "VOTE FOR WAYNE TAYLOR"
And do your research before YOU GO VOTE.People like you Is why the City is like it is! You voted in the one you couldn't see his ass
Just me

Hopewell, VA

#6 Apr 9, 2010
No, I was not one of his renters, I am a home owner. I do know him from taking my car to his shop a couple of times when he was on City Point Road and I had the experience of him wanting me to trade sexual favors for automotive work. I do not operate in that manner and never have and I was in complete shock when he suggested that and then grabbed my behind with both hands. Needless to say I would never take my car there again. You may or may not believe this, Hopewell 2, and I really don't care if you do. Just ask a number of women in town who have had this same experience. He has problems in that area with thinking that he can treat women as if they are objects. I do pity his wife because she surely can't be blind enough to not have heard the many stories about his gross propositions to women. That's what you want on City Council? I sure as heck don't.
Hopewell2

Hopewell, VA

#7 Apr 9, 2010
Just me wrote:
No, I was not one of his renters, I am a home owner. I do know him from taking my car to his shop a couple of times when he was on City Point Road and I had the experience of him wanting me to trade sexual favors for automotive work. I do not operate in that manner and never have and I was in complete shock when he suggested that and then grabbed my behind with both hands. Needless to say I would never take my car there again. You may or may not believe this, Hopewell 2, and I really don't care if you do. Just ask a number of women in town who have had this same experience. He has problems in that area with thinking that he can treat women as if they are objects. I do pity his wife because she surely can't be blind enough to not have heard the many stories about his gross propositions to women. That's what you want on City Council? I sure as heck don't.
It probably took BOTH of his big hands to grab YOUR ASS!! LOL
Uptight

United States

#8 Apr 9, 2010
Hello Hopewell2. You must be a product of our local school system. Your spelling and grammar need much improvement. I have never seen someone so aggressive in defending someone of such ill manner as the candidate you have mentioned in your post. Believe me, if everyone does there research on each of the candidates as you suggest, your candidate may get a negative number of votes! May the best candidate win. But, in this election, that will be a difficult goal!
NEW MEAT

Chester, VA

#9 Apr 9, 2010
theres not much to choose from in this election i agree with getting the rest of the good ole boy system out. in ward three MIKE bujikoske and ward two david silvestro (excuse last name spelling) are good ole boy money backed plants DONT vote for these people
so is it

Hopewell, VA

#10 Apr 9, 2010
Is it true Osage had a fund raiser for Greg Cuffey and Christina Bailey ?
NEW MEAT

Chester, VA

#11 Apr 9, 2010
from a reliable source the fund raiser was true
patriot

Hopewell, VA

#12 Apr 9, 2010
Osage bought and paid for Bailey,Stokes,Cuffey and Bujikoske just like our mayor and some of them sold out Hopewell for 30 pieces of silver!
CPWHG

Hopewell, VA

#13 Apr 9, 2010
yeah.
u gotta see

Hopewell, VA

#14 Apr 10, 2010
then Hopewell see that these people get removed from their post ! Only the citizen's can do it !
Rumor has it virginia courts web site will tell you enough info on Yolanda Stokes, Greg Cuffey, David Sylvestro. Plenty to read after checking all surrounding towns. Public figures, need background checks. If this town cares, then citizens, it looks like you will have to do your own checking.

Location hidden

#15 Apr 10, 2010
Can you believe todays Progress Index. David Silvestro had the nerve to say that he quit the Hopewell Sheriff's Office to run for City Council. What a crock of sh!t. If that were true why did he "quit" over a year ago.

David even you can't believe your own Bull Sh!t can you. For I know that you did not "Quit" to run for City Council. You Know the real reason that you "Quit", have your tires been slit lately. You know what I am talking about David. When was the last time you abused your woman David, you know what I'm talking about David. "Only the Shadow Knows" NOT.

He also said that he is Harbor Master for the City. Didn't City Council decree that the Harbor Master must be in Law Enforcement. The only information that I can find in reference to the Harbor Master is a statement that Gerald Stokes is appointed temporary Harbor Master in 2008.

If this is the caliber of person that you want Hopewell then vote for HIM and get what you deserve.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 10, 2010
Can you believe today’s Progress Index. David Silvestro had the nerve to say that he quit the Hopewell Sheriff's Office to run for City Council. What a crock of sh!t. If that were true why did he "quit" over a year ago.

David even you can't believe your own Bull Sh!t can you. For I know that you did not "Quit" to run for City Council. You Know the real reason that you "Quit", have your tires been slit lately. You know what I am talking about David. When was the last time you abused your woman David, you know what I'm talking about David. "Only the Shadow Knows" NOT.

He also said that he is Harbor Master for the City. Didn't City Council decree that the Harbor Master must be in Law Enforcement. The only information that I can find in reference to the Harbor Master is a statement that Gerald Stokes is appointed temporary Harbor Master in 2008.

If this is the caliber of person that you want Hopewell then vote for HIM and get what you deserve.

“You believe WHAT?!....WHY?!”

"Hellwell",VA

#17 Apr 10, 2010
David Silvestro is an abusive, violent, two-faced,lying CRIMINAL! if u dont believe me, just ask his ex-employers,ex-wife and ex-girlfriends.(and personally i would really like to know why Greg Anderson insisted on keeping him as long as he did, even after numerous complaints and a wealth of information about his past). if you think Hopewell government is bad now, go ahead and elect him and see what happens to this city.

Location hidden

#19 Apr 10, 2010
Hopewell2 wrote:
<quoted text> Wayne has been sold all his Crappy Properties,He was tired of dealing with the Substandard Renters!were you one? Now with that said. 1. He's not too blame for the trashy people that move too or live in Hwell 2.Ford,P&N and all the rest rent to the same folks 3. If you did not get to see the crack of Taylors ass! You wouldn't have nothing to write about on here! 4. Do you Really no him ? Other than looking @ his crack? He's A real SMART person {he had sense enough to buy alot of these Substanard homes you mentioned!and turned them over and made 1 MILLION + DOLLARS] 5.Do you know how many Foster Kids he and his wife have taken care over the years? were they your neices,nephews you didn't want to take in your self. or were they your abusives siblings kids or were they???? THEY TOOK EM IN REGARDLESS OF WHO OR WHAT OR THE COLOR OF THERE SKIN 6. Do you know how many F-Exchange students from all over the world has stayed @ the Taylors @ least 15, and now they are young adults still come over and visit them and Taylor goes to there countries to visit them. He would Be Perfect running this City! WE WOULD KNOW EXZACTLY WHERE HE STOOD ON EVERYTHING. Verses some of the ones we have running that talk the talk but don't walk it. Yes Taylor has his faults But Damn if I CAN CAST THAT FIRST STONE!!! CAN YOU ??? There is so much more to G Wayne Taylor than the Crack of his Ass & his Shirt Unbuttoned. WE WOULDN"T HAVE THIS GOOD O BOY CRAP OUR CITY HAS NOW. "VOTE FOR WAYNE TAYLOR"
And do your research before YOU GO VOTE.People like you Is why the City is like it is! You voted in the one you couldn't see his ass
Even if Wayne has done as you said and sold all of his properties, he was still one of the reasons for trashy people moving into the city. If you own trashy properties you attract trashy people.

If Wayne is as great as you say and takes in many different races of kids and helps them, answer this question. Why does he refer to blacks as NIJJERS? Thats right I said it the N word. One only needs to be around him for a short period of time to hear that word come out of his mouth. He speaks very ill of blacks but will proposition a black female (or any female) in a minute. If you are female and rent from him and cant pay your rent, No problem he will take it in trade for sex.

The last thing we need is a racist, bigoted, sexist, slum lord in city council. We can surly do better than that.

If Wayne made a Million Dollars it probably wasn't from selling his crappy properties, try another product.
Billy Bob

Hopewell, VA

#20 Apr 10, 2010
To Radiohead and Yougottabekidding me: thank you so much for your posts. Both are the truth and I appreciate your honesty. I cannot believe how stupid Silvestro and Taylor seem to think we are. What you both said can be confirmed by anyone who cares enough to check.
check the other one

Hopewell, VA

#21 Apr 10, 2010
Let's not leave out the other two, have you seen how many times Greg Cuffey and Yolanda Stokes have been to court, Cuffey just had a case in Petersburg had it continue twice so he could pay his debt off not to say how much he owe's West End School, the dentist, and real estate office's for his rental property he has been living in and moving around from house to house, rumor has it Hudson is letting him in the house he has now. Yolanda Stokes OMG ! this woman is running for council, there is just to much to post. Citizen's beware, Osage you buddied up to the wrong people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prince George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Are Petersburg Students so darn Stupid, wor... (Oct '12) Mon Lung Crow 44
Adult bookstore (Feb '12) Mon trolling snaghook 29
Diversity is a codeword for White genocide Mon 7859hkgjt 1
City Attorney Resigns Nov 22 Lisa 2
Sexual Predator Caught by Hopewell Couple on No... Nov 22 Martha 3
Report bad work from Kenny Amos here. Nov 14 Buddy Mitchell 10
Dozens to be rounded up in record-breaking drug... (Mar '13) Aug '14 jason jones 16
Prince George Dating
Find my Match

Prince George People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Prince George News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Prince George

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:46 pm PST