What's good about living in PG?
Posted in the Prince George Forum
#1 Jan 4, 2014
there's alot of bashing and mud slingin on this site but what do you think are the good things about living here in PG?
I think the school system is better than most of the surrounding countys - def not perfect but good.
housing is high but theres houses and apartments to choose from that are in decent areas
there's still some country spaces to live and 4 wheel and just have some space!
What do PG people think?
#2 Jan 5, 2014
As a 50 year resident of Hopewell and a 20 plus year resident of Prince George I have noticed a few things.
1. There are always problems where people live city or county.
2. Prince George Bord of Supervisors act mainly for the good of the county as a whole.
3. Hopewell city council act mostly for the empowerment of a few councilars and not for the benefit of the city. The race card is played many times by Hopewell councilars who can't get their way any other way.
4. The Enhanol Plant should have never been built. You can go on line and see for yourself how much subsidy is provided by the Federal government. They barely break even on the Ethenol and make most of their money on two by products. If the Federal money were cut off theywould go out of business. The council was also told by the head of the Kentucky plant they visited thay he would never build that kind of plant near civilian population. The vote to build was 4 to three for it if my memory is correct. I believe the three who voted against it were voting for the benefit of Hopewell.
5. The manners of the general population at childrens sports events are much better that those of Hopewell.
6. Property as a whole is better kept than that in Hopewell.
7. Things are constantly implimented by county government to encourage Pronce George to be an owner community rather than a renter community. I can't say the same for Hopewell.
8. You get what you ask for. There are 14.000 registered voters in Hopewell and only 5000 voted in the last election. They must be happy the way things are.
#3 Jan 5, 2014
Not been around as long as you have, and don't have the knowledge that you do of Hopewell. Some interesting observations - thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Add your comments below
|Petersburg city attorney made phony racist call...||Jul 5||OMG Petersburg||1|
|Petersburg hit with lawsuit over $1.2 million i... (Sep '16)||Sep '16||True Judgement||1|
|Parkland Ventures - Bexley Mobile Home Park (Aug '15)||Apr '16||Sjn||4|
|No Running Water Again | Bexley Mobile Home Par... (Feb '16)||Feb '16||news||1|
|Tilted Kilt (Jun '12)||Jan '16||ITz me||8|
|Hide-and-seek leads to trespassing charges in Va. (Aug '13)||Jan '16||Random||2|
|Prince George Missing Man (Sep '08)||Jan '16||Random||57|
Find what you want!
Search Prince George Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC