Town hall meeting plans future of city

Mar 8, 2013 Full story: Hopewell News 14

With this year's budget cycle coming to a close, members of council are already looking ahead for the future of the city.

Full Story
AT A GLANCE

Englewood, CO

#1 Mar 13, 2013
Oh No.
Mary Lou

Hopewell, VA

#2 Mar 13, 2013
Well, if our City Council Gang of 4 in charge of planning the future of the city we are all in deep trouble.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#3 Mar 13, 2013
Yeah, the Gang of Four were great with the ethanol plant. It's making so much tax dollars for the city we don't need to tax the citizens anymore. Some of the original Gang of Four are gone now, but they have been replaced by new people as bad as the originals. I'm afraid Hopewell is headed for the same ending that Osage and the ethanol plant had.
mike

Hopewell, VA

#4 Mar 13, 2013
horaay for hopewell.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#5 Jun 1, 2013
Why is it that the only places to shop or eat in Hopewell are Dollar stores, and cheap fast food dives where crack-dealers hang out all the time. Do our city leaders only want trash living and shopping in the city? Is lower than low rental housing the only thing in Hopewell? Does anyone in a position of power have the vision to lift our city out of the flushing toilet that the GOBs have put us all in? These slum-lords are making money hands over fist, and laughing at the honest citizens for being such dopes for voting their stooges back into office. It's time to tear down the worn-out little houses that are used for this low-life trash, and start over again with homes and neighborhoods that GOOD tax-paying, homeowners will want to live in and be proud of. And be proud of their city.
hopewellian

Hopewell, VA

#6 Jun 2, 2013
Amen VN VET!!!!! Well said!!!
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#7 Jun 2, 2013
All I'm saying is "where is the vision?" What is building all the 3rd rate stores for the welfare souls doing to upgrade the city? When I was young, Hopewell had 5 new car dealerships, now we have NONE. We had a downtown where everyone went to do things from playing pool to serious shopping. Now the only people there are drunks and drug-dealers. We had kids with school pride, one of the best football teams in the district(remember the"touch-down sundae" at George's Drug Store?). Where can you go out to eat on a weekend with the family besides the "high class" Hardees or Micky-D's? Good Gawd people, where has the home town spirit gone to? We used to have class(middle class Class, but class none the less). Now we show NO class, just the welfare parasite no-class that we used to associate with Petersburg. I realize that the whole country is gone to hell-for-welfare, but aren't we better then that? Is there anyone here in Hopewell who wants the town to better it's self? We must get it together now or die as a city.
Mansion Hiller

Hopewell, VA

#8 Jun 9, 2013
I dont always agree with VN Vet but I certainly do with his last 2 comments. There is NO pride anymore. Many of the kids in town walk around with their pants below their knees. How disrespectful to our citizens, especially our older citizens and no one does a thing. Is this what the school system is teaching. Listening to them as they attempt to carry on a conversation, they cannot even form a sentence without the "F" word. The rentals are NASTY attracting more and more trash. I see my tax dollars continue to rise and NOTHING in return. Don't we have an economic development person now in the City. What has he done for Hopewell other than receive a HUGE check for working part time. I think Hopewell has hit the precipice of no return.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#9 Jun 9, 2013
M.H., we do agree on this one.
Billy Bob

Hopewell, VA

#10 Jun 18, 2013
Quick question about one of the Gang of 4. At the City Council meeting it strongly appeared that Brenda Pelham did NOT say the Pledge of Allegience. Anyone else ever notice that? Wonder why she didn't. Lips didn't move a bit. All the others as well as everyone in the audience said it except for her. If she did say the Pledge she was able to do it without moving a single muscle on her face.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#11 Jun 18, 2013
First of all, she probably doesn't know the words. But if the truth be known, she most likely hates the US of A just like Obama.
Justified

Petersburg, VA

#12 Jul 10, 2013
Until the cronies are removed from office, it will remain the same. They should have left March Altman in as City Manager when he was interim CM. But as you see, they didn't because he is forward thinking and has morals/values. He called them on their BS and held them to the standard they should be held to as Councillors. Now they have a puppet who does whatever they want. He needs to go as well as Gore, Pelham, Buji an CLB. None have he best interest of the city at heart and until citizens actually act upon it, they will continue to be in the back pocket of the "real" people running the city.
Mary Lou

Hopewell, VA

#13 Jul 10, 2013
Once again I was disappointed t see tht the Council made the news in the Richmond paper. Why do we need to have bickering, pettiness, and some of the members worried only about their own agenda? And what was the need for Pelham to call Luman-Bailey out as a wimp? Do that in private. Send her an email the next day. Send her a text. Call her on the phone. But in public so that she could be quoted by the news?? No way, Brenda. Why can't you kids all play nicely together and grow up. At least you did get rid of Yolanda Stokes although her quote in the paper is that she will be filing a lawsuit. Wow, wasn't that a big surprise? Clean it up, kids. Now go run along and let the grownups visit, okay?
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#14 Jul 10, 2013
Stokes is a frigging joke and so is Pelham. But, so are the other 3 of the gang of 4. Daley is the biggest joke of all. They put this clown (Stokes)on a committee, and now she wants to sue the city again.She is a fatazz joke welfare cheat. If she can do all these things she says she can, she can get a real job and get off welfare, and out of welfare housing. She is a parasite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prince George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donna Howlett Dec 23 Mansion Hiller 18
Review: Speedy Cars Inc (Apr '14) Dec 16 happywithspeedy 3
Report bad work from Kenny Amos here. Dec 16 JJJ 12
Is Edwina Daniel a good Realtor? (Dec '13) Dec 12 Cramaz 27
City Attorney Resigns Dec 6 Mansion Hiller 3
Why Are Petersburg Students so darn Stupid, wor... (Oct '12) Dec 5 Zipperhead 46
Prince George Missing Man (Sep '08) Dec 1 anonymous 56
Prince George Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Prince George People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Prince George News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Prince George

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:13 pm PST