Police arrest man for killing to men - wtvr

Full story: WTVR 124
Joyce Gholston and her family are in shock. Her 22 year old son, Alfred Piker was one of two men gunned down this morning in Prince George County. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
laneil gholston

United States

#1 May 7, 2010
i am very sorry to hear about the loss of 2 postive men alfred l piker was a very smart,unique,young man who was willing to take the shirt off his back to help anyone who was in need you will truely be missed
Known Doug for years

Plano, TX

#2 May 7, 2010
He's a good guy caught in something bad, just hope his family will their friends help
define arguing

Hopewell, VA

#3 May 7, 2010
Known Doug for years wrote:
He's a good guy caught in something bad, just hope his family will their friends help
He's a guy that made a decision and allowed someone to get away . I don't think there's any help for him now . Probably will do to himself , shortly , what he should have done prior to calling them early this morning to sit around and drink a few beers . What you knew of him was good , because that's what most people portray in their communities . Now , all of the friends , family and loved ones of Doug should come here and say ," Excuse us for not paying closer attention to our " soon to be convicted murderer's " needs , thankfully one of your friends got away and we didn't have to suffer the consequences of the business end of an assault rifle weilded by this mild mannered ,fun loving and used to be great guy that we thought we knew." J/K say whatever you please . R.I.P Beans and Rusty !
Kelley Fowler

Petersburg, VA

#4 May 7, 2010
I knew Alfred or "Beans" as we called him, although I didn't know the other young man my heart still bleeds for him and his family also, but I am in utter shock and disbelief at this occurence. Why would someone take two young men lives who had so much living to do? I guess we will never know the truth. My heart goes out to the families of both of the victims.
Me Too

Chester, VA

#5 May 7, 2010
I too have known Doug for many years. His is a really unfortunate circumstance. His family and friends have tried for over 20 years to help him. You can't help someone who doesn't want to help himself. I grieve for the families and friends of the victims, and I grieve for Doug's family and friends. We've known for years that no good could come of the path Doug chose. He did used to be a great guy but got caught up in a lifestyle that could only end in tragedy. Sadly it did.
Joe

Hopewell, VA

#6 May 7, 2010
Wonder if the story of them selling him fake crack is true. If so why would you risk your life for a little bit of money.
something happening

Hopewell, VA

#7 May 7, 2010
Joe wrote:
Wonder if the story of them selling him fake crack is true. If so why would you risk your life for a little bit of money.
Wonder if you'll go out there to search for it and test it , to let us know. Why would a crackhead kill two people for a little bit of money .
aab

Hopewell, VA

#8 May 7, 2010
Heard it was quite a bit. Ever seen the show First 48 seen people get killed over 5 dollars.
They are thugs

Plano, TX

#9 May 7, 2010
Joe wrote:
They show pretty photos of them boys, but they're thug drug dealers
Records check

Richmond, VA

#10 May 7, 2010
They are thugs wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Alfred Lee Piker, Jr. had convictions in Hopewell for contempt, abusive language, destruction of property with intent. He had been charged with several crimes that were dismissed such as assault and battery. I didn't see any drug related convictions but can't be sure.

Mr. Rashawn Dawnta Jones had convictions in Prince George for seat belt violations and driving without a license. He had a possession of cocaine charge pending. I didn't see any drug convictions but can't be sure.

This is a very tragic event for all of the people involved and their families.

define arguing

Hopewell, VA

#11 May 7, 2010
They are thugs wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess he should have left their clothes on after he killed them in front of the house .Instead of disrobing them and dragging them around the back of the house , since they were so much of these thug drug dealers . Well your comment explains how well you knew them after he killed , so I'm sure that you can up with a lot better explanation for the guy that you knew so well for so many years . Glass dick addicted , trying to screw a corpse , backwoods azz degenerate and that's my characterization of him , after knowing of him about the same amount of time that you knew them . you should known something because of his wrinkled brow and beady eyes , looking like somebody just stole his secret decoder ring .
define arguing

Hopewell, VA

#12 May 7, 2010
you may correct grammar , punctuation and tenses as need be !
define arguing

Hopewell, VA

#13 May 7, 2010
also had words that are missing
Sammy

Richmond, VA

#14 May 8, 2010
Who at WTVR wrote this article?? Not hidden down in the base of the story but in the BOLDED TITLE.

Police arrest man for killing to men??

2, to , too , two.

Quickly turn in your press id and apply for tuition assistance under the pretense you were robbed of a real education with that whole ebonics thing. If denied assistance just show them your article. TWO days and it's still not corrected.
Unknown

Postbauer-heng, Germany

#15 May 8, 2010
RIP both Raysean and Alfred you guys will be missed and i will continue to pray for our family as well as the Piker's love your 1st cousin...
UNKNOWN

Lottsburg, VA

#16 May 8, 2010
I knew beanie, he was a good kid just mixed up in some, less then LEGAL activities. I hadnt seen him in about 6 months, but he was still the same ol person. Its unfortunate what happened, but the sad fact is that this happens everyday to people who are involved in activities as he was involved in. R.I.P beanie.....all your friends in town were talkin bout ya last night bro.....
cho

Marcus Hook, PA

#17 May 8, 2010
I worked with Doug from '94-'96, when he was in recovery. He was a really nice guy but once you get strung out on the drugs you become a totally different person. Doug was alright then. What a waste of his life now, and his kids are without their dad. Id have never thought he would be capable of something like this. What a pity he got back into that crap. And yes if he's hanging out at 4 in the morning with two young punks then you know they were all up to no good. You play you pay. Good luck Doug, you'll be alright.
Censored

Bowling Green, KY

#18 May 8, 2010
Killer was high on crack...wish yall knew what I knew...
cho

Marcus Hook, PA

#19 May 8, 2010
I'm sure he was wired on something. Drugs get you every time.
rumor or truth

Hopewell, VA

#20 May 8, 2010
cho wrote:
I worked with Doug from '94-'96, when he was in recovery. He was a really nice guy but once you get strung out on the drugs you become a totally different person. Doug was alright then. What a waste of his life now, and his kids are without their dad. Id have never thought he would be capable of something like this. What a pity he got back into that crap. And yes if he's hanging out at 4 in the morning with two young punks then you know they were all up to no good. You play you pay. Good luck Doug, you'll be alright.
Good luck Doug , you had choices that you've been choosing for the last 20 years or more . in and out of recovery , smoking crack , popping pills and doing anything to get it . I don't know why those boys didn't want to let you suck them off to get another hit but you could have always went back to your dad's house , like you used to . The boys would have been alright without their little league uniforms but they'll always miss you showing them that extra attention out at the cabin . We'll miss you out at the hunt club ,I'll always remember singeing the hairs in your crack with the hot barrel of my shotgun .......You were into everything but a strong man's arms , guess you'll find a pair now . Big Bro

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prince George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) 8 hr Jake 1,361
Would you hire an unlicensed, uninsured contra... 10 hr Theyareworthlss 37
Ethanol Smell 14 hr MADATHOPEWELL 10
Transgender woman says guard ordered her out of... Tue James 2
What happened to meatball? Tue dls1990 1
See what Hopewell Contractor does not stand beh... Sep 29 Buddy Mitchell 29
Unarmed young WHITE Man shot by Black Officer i... Sep 26 totalshame 3
Prince George Dating
Find my Match

Prince George Jobs