Can the State Force Vaccinations on Your Child?

Dec 10, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Buzzle.com

“I've got too many children to raise to go to jail.”

Can it happen in your state? Recently Maryland cracked down on parents whose children were not up to date on their vaccinations, threatening jail time if they did not comply. via Buzzle.com

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
debra marquez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2007

Judged:

YES I THINK THAT THE STATE SHOULD DO IT. DUE TO THE REASON THAT MANY PARENTS DO NOT SEEM TO SEE THE RISK THAT THEY ARE PUTTING THIER CHILDREN IN AND ALSO OURS. THERE ARE MANY HEALTH ISSUES AND CAN BE DEADLY TO THOSE WHO ARE NOT VACCANETED. FOR EXAMPLE THE VARRICELA THAT CAN BE DEADLY FOR A CHILD THAT HAS NOT BEEN VACCANETD AGINST IT

“God loves to heal people”

Since: Nov 07

Coventry, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2007

http://www.gulfwarvets.com/kids.htm

Are the State willing to cough up compensation? No, I didn't think they were.

“Got Lemons? Make lemonade!”

Since: Mar 07

Milky Way

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2007

Judged:

debra marquez wrote:
YES I THINK THAT THE STATE SHOULD DO IT. DUE TO THE REASON THAT MANY PARENTS DO NOT SEEM TO SEE THE RISK THAT THEY ARE PUTTING THIER CHILDREN IN AND ALSO OURS. THERE ARE MANY HEALTH ISSUES AND CAN BE DEADLY TO THOSE WHO ARE NOT VACCANETED. FOR EXAMPLE THE VARRICELA THAT CAN BE DEADLY FOR A CHILD THAT HAS NOT BEEN VACCANETD AGINST IT
If your children are vaccinated, you don't need to worry about the people who opt to NOT vaccinate their children.

Since: Oct 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

President Bush signed PREPA. It gives blanket immunity to any vaccination drug company. Note the irony.
[Zoompad if your question means, will children that are harmed by the vaccination get help, to care for them, the answer is NO.]

Articles on Thimerosal:
www.newstarget.com/thimerosal.html

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

PREPA
http://www.commondreams.org/views06/0410-30.h...

President Bush signed the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act (PREPA), granting blanket immunity to pharmaceutical companies for vaccine-induced injuries

In order to secure passage of the PREPA, Sens. Frist and Ted Stevens, R-Alaska, joined by Speaker Hastert, assured their colleagues in the House-Senate conference committee that immunity for the drug companies would not go forward as a tack-on to the 2006 defense appropriations bill. There were no public hearings on the immunity provision, no debate, no disclosure of the proceedings of the committee. Press coverage was virtually nonexistent. According to one prominent member of the committee, Rep. David Obey, D-Wis., "That legislation was unilaterally and arrogantly inserted into the bill after the conference was over in a blatantly abusive power play by two of the most powerful men in Congress." Sen. Ted Kennedy, D-Mass., called the legislation "a blank check for the industry." Sen. Robert Byrd, D- W. Va., dean of Senate rules, opined: "There should be no dispute. The processes leading to passage of this bill [was] an absolute travesty."

The PREPA is unconstitutional. It removes the right to due process and judicial review for persons injured by vaccines, thus granting a virtual license to kill. Under the new law, companies making vaccines can be grossly negligent and act with wanton recklessness and still escape liability as long as they can show that their misconduct wasn't "willful." It is impossible to conceive of a lower standard for the drug companies or a higher burden of proof for injured parties.

The refusal of the drug companies to take responsibility for the products they produce, and the complicity of the highest levels of government in their refusal, will diminish public confidence in the entire U.S. vaccination program. Already, thousands of mothers, including our own daughters, are fearful of having their infants and toddlers vaccinated.
The PREPA also pre-empts the laws of states, including California, which have passed legislation outlawing mercury in childhood vaccinations. Meanwhile, the CDC continues to send its officials into state legislatures around the country in attempts to abort measures banning mercury.

It's worth considering why the drug companies feel they need such treatment. Is it because they have known for decades that their product is harmful? As we learned with Big Tobacco, denial is the first defense. Eventually, the truth will come out about mercury and the depravity of injecting a neurotoxin into the bodies of infants and toddlers.

Will the Post 9/11 World Be a Post-Tort World?

GEORGE W. CONK
Fordham Law School

Penn State Law Review, Vol. 112, No. 175, 2007
Fordham Law Legal Studies Research Paper No. 952979
* The Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act of 2005,(PREPA) which declares “targeted liability protections for pandemic and epidemic products and security countermeasures”.

* S. 2291, a bill introduced in 2006 by the Democratic leadership, would repeal the PREPA and create a defense in a narrow class of medical products for which use is permitted without completing the usual regulatory vetting, due to their importance in a threatened emergency.

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm...

*it was not repealed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2007

Perhaps this will help to inform.
Articles on Thimerosal:
www.newstarget.com/thimerosal.html
debra marquez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

yes they are. but does not meant that they are not expose from these deadly virisus. you should read more on it or got to the cdc website!!!!!!
NotMyselfToday wrote:
<quoted text>
If your children are vaccinated, you don't need to worry about the people who opt to NOT vaccinate their children.
debra marquez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Zoompad wrote:
http://www.gulfwarvets.com/kid s.htm
Are the State willing to cough up compensation? No, I didn't think they were.
why are you so worry about money instead you should worry about your children health. there is a reason for everything tha state should not have to pay for you children you should.
Natalie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

I agree with Debra Marquez for the simple reason that we work in immunization clinics and people are so uneducated about vaccines. They only look at the fact of how many shots the child is getting, not what it is preventing. I don't want my child going to school with any kids that are not vaccinated, so therefore do what you want with your your kids, but my kids will be vaccinated !
Jackie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

I thik jail time for non compliance is really wierd but then being in Texas - stuff that goes on in Maryland doesn't surprise me much. Non compliance for active TB meds warrants jail time not getting your child vaccinated doesn't constitute child abuse or jail time last time I checked but then again - we still are talking Maryland.

Sounds like the judge is looking for his/her own fame. Of course a creative judge is welcome in Texas - we got lots of em!

I believe vaccines are a good thing and overall protect our society from outbreaks of otherwise leathal diseases....... like polio, smallpox, diptheria, and the such. Obviously the parents of "now" are so far removed from the life in the 1800's and early 1900's when most children didn't live to age 2. Bottom line - the parents that don't vaccinate ought to be thanking those of us who do. We are keeping your child safe when you the parent should be doing it.

Course that's pretty much how society is nowdays - let the state or someone else carry my load and I'll do the whinning and mouthing. Always looking for someone or something to blame. Do what you want with your childs vaccines - but from a public health interest - keep your kids away from the public. Home school them - if you want to run in society - then you should follow the rules like everyone else.

PS - there is no thermisol in childhood vaccines - they are single dose and polio's ( multi dose vial) preservative is tetanus. There is thermisol in the flu vaccine but then again there is thermisol in your contact lens solution. I haven't read about one case that was directly related to thermisol. It's a hypothisis - not proven.

They have tried to blame MMR or thermisol but medicine leans towards autisim being genetic. Thermisol could aggrivate exisisting conditions but so far is not the culprit. Course it's easier to sue the drug companies than one's own gene pool.

One last thing vaccines are not 100% so you still need to be careful if you are vaccinated - ya don't want some yahoo kid to start a chickpox or measles outbreak and then think your are 100% immune. Might not be the case but then again if you are vaccinated at least you will live to tell the story of the dumb parent who refused to vaccinate the yahoo kid long after the kid has infected 1000 kids and elderly, after millions of lost wages have been attributed to yahoo kid, and after the parents of yahoo kid sit by the bedside in the hospital wondering why they didn't vaccinate.

Go get em - Debra!!
Natalie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2008

I love your comments Jackie ! You go girl ! lol
Anja

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2009

My question is in line with your comment. Is it a law that adults get immunized? Does it go by State, what does Texas/California mandate? I am about to lose my job if I am not willing to get the influenza or H1N1 vaccine. Yes I am working in healthcare, but dont want it. I am healthier than any of my co-workers who are getting every shot and antibiotic for whatever and are sick all the time. What can I do. Cant afford to lose my job, but dont like to risk the shots.
lisa

El Cajon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

debra marquez wrote:
Really? I heard not vaccinating your child causes irreparable spelling damage.

Was that a low blow? Probably. Am I going to think someone so undereducated in the matter as to not be able to Spell the topic of conversation knows what they are talking about? No. I am going to think that person is regurgitating some propagandic bullshit that they heard on daytime television.
WOW

Chester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

to all of you that support this how would you feel if your child was the one that was killed or forever disabled because of these shots? children die every year from these shots

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Prince George Discussions

Search the Prince George Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Colonial Heights, VA (Dec '11) 12 hr joviyon wycliffe 8
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Elderly and Disab... (Oct '10) Apr 19 abe 1,350
Beacon should have a dress and conduct code. Apr 19 Alice 22
Pelham unfit to lead in black community or Hope... Apr 18 question 37
Calico female Apr 18 Kitty 2
Jimmy Mimms Apr 17 Ripped off in PG 1
Listen To Hopewell police scanner online (May '10) Apr 16 Redtea 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Prince George Jobs

•••
•••