VA: Fatal shooting in Prince George c...

VA: Fatal shooting in Prince George called self defense

There are 172 comments on the Rational Review story from Nov 18, 2008, titled VA: Fatal shooting in Prince George called self defense. In it, Rational Review reports that:

"A Prince George County man acted in self defense when he fatally shot a Hopewell man during a gathering last month, county authorities have determined.After an extensive investigation by Prince George police ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rational Review.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
NO justice

Hopewell, VA

#1 Nov 19, 2008
this is disgusting. i can't believe that this guy isn't going to serve ANY time in jail for murder... or at least manslaughter! i guess hopewell has worn off on PG, cuz i smell corruption! i guess i could understand the "fact" the jeremy pointed a pistol at andrew (that's the PG County "man") and andrew shooting him once. but after that first shot how in the hell could jeremy still have his pistol pointed in his direction? this is bs, i just don't get it!
SAD

Nolensville, TN

#2 Nov 19, 2008
I just dont get it either, I didnt know loadin a shotgun and waiting for him, and shooting him twice could be self defense..He's not gonna get any punishment for takin jeremys young life away so soon !!! thats BULLSHIT!!! guess it's all in who you know and what mommy amd daddy can do for you..He hasnt even apologized or shown any remorse what so ever!!! RIP JEREMY we aint givin up yet, he will pay for what he did!!! your always in our hearts and you will forever be missed WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!
Texas Tornado

Glen Rose, TX

#3 Nov 19, 2008
SAD wrote:
I just dont get it either, I didnt know loadin a shotgun and waiting for him, and shooting him twice could be self defense..He's not gonna get any punishment for takin jeremys young life away so soon !!! thats BULLSHIT!!! guess it's all in who you know and what mommy amd daddy can do for you..He hasnt even apologized or shown any remorse what so ever!!! RIP JEREMY we aint givin up yet, he will pay for what he did!!! your always in our hearts and you will forever be missed WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!
I am Jeremy's Aunt & there just aren't words to describe what I think about this. I have to pray that somehow the Feds will be brought into this case. My nephew deserves better than this. Define "Police Corruption" I can promise you that if Jeremy had shot & killed Andrew, he'd have been locked up THAT NIGHT & wouldn't have gotten out till yet!! Jeremy, we all love you & we won't let you be forgotten.
Fortlee

Richmond, VA

#4 Nov 20, 2008
Texas Tornado wrote:
<quoted text>
I am Jeremy's Aunt & there just aren't words to describe what I think about this. I have to pray that somehow the Feds will be brought into this case. My nephew deserves better than this. Define "Police Corruption" I can promise you that if Jeremy had shot & killed Andrew, he'd have been locked up THAT NIGHT & wouldn't have gotten out till yet!! Jeremy, we all love you & we won't let you be forgotten.
DONE!!!! love ya too
BULL

Nolensville, TN

#5 Nov 20, 2008
yes if this were the other way around, or not even the same people, if a PG boy got killed at a party in hopewell he woulda been lockd up that same night!!! where is the justice Jeremy deserves!!!!!!
VA LAW

Hopewell, VA

#6 Nov 21, 2008
FILE FOR WRONGFULL DEATH LAWSUIT TAKE THIS MATTER TO A HIGHER LEVEL
VA LAW

Hopewell, VA

#7 Nov 21, 2008
FAMILY MEMBERS SHOULD BE CALLING TV STATIONS CIVIL RIGHTS PEOPLE PRESIDENT RADIO STATIONS EVERYONE
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#8 Nov 22, 2008
Texas Tornado wrote:
<quoted text>
I am Jeremy's Aunt & there just aren't words to describe what I think about this. I have to pray that somehow the Feds will be brought into this case. My nephew deserves better than this. Define "Police Corruption" I can promise you that if Jeremy had shot & killed Andrew, he'd have been locked up THAT NIGHT & wouldn't have gotten out till yet!! Jeremy, we all love you & we won't let you be forgotten.
Jeremy Who?
hopewell

Richmond, VA

#9 Nov 22, 2008
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeremy Who?
jeremy atkins muthfu##r the one you killed! HIS NAME WILL FOREVER BE ETCHED IN YOUR HEAD<<
hopewell

Richmond, VA

#10 Nov 22, 2008
hay! DUMB&DUMBER
we see we shut your cop A$$ up. you've must be busy with benny smith and andrews coke problem! hmm! good choice... oh and were so glad to of heard you were bragging @ 7-11 plenty of witnesses
have a nice day...RIP JEREMY
Plain Truth

Petersburg, VA

#11 Nov 22, 2008
hopewell wrote:
<quoted text>
jeremy atkins muthfu##r the one you killed! HIS NAME WILL FOREVER BE ETCHED IN YOUR HEAD<<


Mr. Hopewell, perhaps, you should do a little more about learning the English language and a little less with the profanity. The way you worded your little tirade it would seem like you called Jeremy Atkins a muthfu##r, was that your intent?

Again, I ask, Jeremy Who?
mr hopewell

Richmond, VA

#12 Nov 22, 2008
Plain Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Hopewell, perhaps, you should do a little more about learning the English language and a little less with the profanity. The way you worded your little tirade it would seem like you called Jeremy Atkins a muthfu##r, was that your intent?
Again, I ask, Jeremy Who?
i'm so sorry your right! jeremy atkins.... the one you murdered mutherf###r
Bad Idea

Hopewell, VA

#13 Nov 22, 2008
VA LAW wrote:
FAMILY MEMBERS SHOULD BE CALLING TV STATIONS CIVIL RIGHTS PEOPLE PRESIDENT RADIO STATIONS EVERYONE
I think that would be a good idea! I was wondering why I haven't heard anything on the news...
No Justice

Hopewell, VA

#14 Nov 22, 2008
I didn't look at my "name"... it's not a "bad idea"... I am on Jeremy's side of ALL of this!
Plain Truth

Petersburg, VA

#15 Nov 22, 2008
mr hopewell wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm so sorry your right! jeremy atkins.... the one you murdered mutherf###r
Now that you have learned the basic art of using the common comma, perhaps, you might want to consider using capital letters to start the name of your friend. I guess that you would not wish to consciously demean him, correct?
Plain Truth

Petersburg, VA

#16 Nov 22, 2008
mr hopewell wrote:
<quoted text>
i'm so sorry your right! jeremy atkins.... the one you murdered mutherf###r
I might also add that you forgot to place a comma between murdered and mutherf###r.

Here is to the old saying,

I smell
You smell
We all smell
Hopewell

I think it has never been more warranted.
VA LAW

Hopewell, VA

#17 Nov 22, 2008
this is not over what is it a case is open forever since no charges were handed they still couldfind drew lieable for his death so do the right thing
VA LAW

Hopewell, VA

#18 Nov 22, 2008
he is lieable get paid go after the insurance company if you get hurt on someones property you get 10 thousand dollars a death is way more then that and since they have prof get yours put them in the poor house do it fast cause if they sell you wont get nothing get it now i think you have 1year to file aunts uncles cousins moms get paid
VA LAW

Hopewell, VA

#19 Nov 22, 2008
SINCE THE COPS SAID ITS SELFDEFENCE AND THEY CLOSED IT THE INVESTAGATION REPORTS ARE PUBLIC RECORD NOW GET THERE RECORDS AND TAKE IT HIGHER THEN PG GET THEM SOON BEFORE THEY SAY THEY LOST THEM THERE INVESTAGATION IS CLOSED BUT FAMILY NEEDS TO HAVE IT AND REOPEN IT AND TAKE THOSE BAD COPS DOWN TO WITH DREW TO
Plain Truth

Petersburg, VA

#20 Nov 23, 2008
VA LAW wrote:
SINCE THE COPS SAID ITS SELFDEFENCE AND THEY CLOSED IT THE INVESTAGATION REPORTS ARE PUBLIC RECORD NOW GET THERE RECORDS AND TAKE IT HIGHER THEN PG GET THEM SOON BEFORE THEY SAY THEY LOST THEM THERE INVESTAGATION IS CLOSED BUT FAMILY NEEDS TO HAVE IT AND REOPEN IT AND TAKE THOSE BAD COPS DOWN TO WITH DREW TO
I never knew that Va. Law could not spell. This one needs a spell, non words like, SELFDEFENCE? Two issues, first the correct spelling of the term is a two word term, SELF DEFENSE, and even if you corrected this gross stupidity it would still be wrong in it's spelling of DEFENCE, what do you mean, genius, take the Fence down?

Now we get to the pathetic attempt at INVESTIGATION, now as "Genius Boy" would spell it, INVESTAGATION, and to prove that the misspelling is stupidity and not just a typo, he did it twice.

I know I would take legal advice from an idiot, not really.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prince George Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Courthouse Cafe Sun Barbara Fox 4
Searching for "Anchors Away" Sun anchors away 35
Hopewell School Superintendent has idea to deve... Jul 4 cramaz 79
News 'This is all I've ever known' Jul 3 Silent Echo 1
Good fishing spot In chester Jun 28 Ted 2
Anchors Away disappear again? Jun 24 anchors away 2
News New Hopewell stormwater fee begins in August Jun 23 just me 4
More from around the web

Prince George People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Prince George Mortgages