ARNP Paul Cowsar at HRMC ER is a poor excuse for a physician

Posted in the Prestonsburg Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
concerned

Staffordsville, KY

#1 Sep 14, 2009
I took my daughter there and her lungs were bleeding from cold/flu and he gave her ibuprofen and sent her home, also said my child and i quote "Wasen't being Realistic" come on ppl she's 8! Thank goodness I made it the following day to a pediatrician with some sense.
John

Perryville, KY

#2 Sep 14, 2009
He's not a doctor. ARNP means he is a nurse practitioner.
John

Perryville, KY

#3 Sep 14, 2009
ARNP--Advanced registered nurse practitioner. How is it that your daughter was bleeding from her lungs from a cold or flu? That's just not realistic, he's right. Unless she has a tumor in her lung or she coughed so hard and tore the mucosal lining of her airways, that could be the only source of her bleeding. It seems to me that you're nothing more than an over reacting mom with very little medical knowledge in which case you should just keep your mouth shut and educate yourself first before criticizing someone who obviously knows much more than you do.
concerned

Staffordsville, KY

#4 Sep 14, 2009
ummm i know idiot what an ARNP is, But if you had a child you would also know a concerned mom takes them no matter what, maybe its ppl like u that let the kids go around here end up having child welfare come in, when it comes to my kids i DO NOT take a chance!!!
concerned

Staffordsville, KY

#5 Sep 14, 2009
Furthermore her peditrician said she had been misdiagnosed, you watch your kid cough all night and see how u like it!
jeez

United States

#6 Sep 14, 2009
By made it to a pediatrician with some sense you probably mean gave you antibiotics so you felt more comfortable. The last time i checked, the treatment for a cold was rest and tylenol/ibuprofen.

Lemme guess the doctor said upper respiratory infection and gave you augmentin?
Sallie

Inez, KY

#7 Sep 15, 2009
John wrote:
ARNP--Advanced registered nurse practitioner. How is it that your daughter was bleeding from her lungs from a cold or flu? That's just not realistic, he's right. Unless she has a tumor in her lung or she coughed so hard and tore the mucosal lining of her airways, that could be the only source of her bleeding. It seems to me that you're nothing more than an over reacting mom with very little medical knowledge in which case you should just keep your mouth shut and educate yourself first before criticizing someone who obviously knows much more than you do.
I agree totally! Working in the medical profession has taught me that people who claim that their mother, cousin, friend, child (insert relationship here) went to hospital, clinic, doctor, pharmacy (insert location) and they were bleeding, vomiting, swelling, coughing, dying (insert symptom) to death usually do not know what they're talking about and are usually drug seeking.
John

Perryville, KY

#8 Sep 16, 2009
concerned wrote:
ummm i know idiot what an ARNP is, But if you had a child you would also know a concerned mom takes them no matter what, maybe its ppl like u that let the kids go around here end up having child welfare come in, when it comes to my kids i DO NOT take a chance!!!
Read your own post you idiot, it says Paul Coswar poor excuse for a physician, you didn't say nurse. Do you need to look up what physician means? You seem to know a lot about welfare and people on welfare having kids, which is probably what you are judging by the way you show your ignorance.
John

Perryville, KY

#9 Sep 16, 2009
concerned wrote:
Furthermore her peditrician said she had been misdiagnosed, you watch your kid cough all night and see how u like it!
How do you know it's not the pediatrician that is misdiagnosing? If my kid coughed all night long I would simply go to walmart and buy a cough suppresant and an antihistamine and call it a night instead of going to the ER and wasting someones time on such a simple basic problem. Uneducated people go to the ER because they think everytime they have the common cold they could die. Since you have a medical card you don't think twice about going since you're not paying for it. You are the reason why the healthcare system in this country is a failure...people like you who think healthcare is an entitlement that you don't have to pay for. Where does that kind of thinking come from?
John

Perryville, KY

#10 Sep 16, 2009
concerned wrote:
I bet you're probably also thinking about filing for a lawsuit and seeing if you can get money out of this. Not only do you want/expect free healthcare, you also hope it's a winning lottery ticket...pathetic, but sadly, true.
Another Mother

United States

#11 Sep 16, 2009
Any Loving Mother shows concern for her kids and if that means something as simple as a caugh or a runny nose taking them to the ER Then so be it. I have done it myself and that does not mean you are on welfare thank you very much my husband and I work very hard and have insurance and we pay our doctor bills, as for myself when it comes to money or my childs health I will pay it someway but my childs health comes first. I don't blame her for taking her kid. But considering the dumb A$$es that don't seem to know their @ss from a hole in the ground you probally are safer to stay away from the ER.
American Customer

Inez, KY

#12 Sep 16, 2009
concerned wrote:
I don't think that a concerned mom first worry is child welfare. It sure sounds like there is a history of child welfare services in this family.
John

Perryville, KY

#13 Sep 16, 2009
Another Mother wrote:
Any Loving Mother shows concern for her kids and if that means something as simple as a caugh or a runny nose taking them to the ER Then so be it. I have done it myself and that does not mean you are on welfare thank you very much my husband and I work very hard and have insurance and we pay our doctor bills, as for myself when it comes to money or my childs health I will pay it someway but my childs health comes first. I don't blame her for taking her kid. But considering the dumb A$$es that don't seem to know their @ss from a hole in the ground you probally are safer to stay away from the ER.
Concern is one thing, but an over-reacting sue-happy ignorant hypochondriac on welfare is what I'm talking about. Also, ER doctors are overwhelmed by drug seekers and people with simple problems who don't need to be going to the emergency room. After all those times you have been to the ER for a cough or a runny nose, you should be an expert at treating it at home yourself with simple over the counter medications and plain old rest and good nutrition. Really, why spend healthcare dollars and waste a doctors time with such trivial matters.
John

Perryville, KY

#14 Sep 16, 2009
concerned wrote:
Did it ever occur to you that maybe the reason your child is sick is because you feed him/her nothing but fast food, chips, hotdogs, and whatever other junk food you buy with your foodstamps. Next time you think about your child's welfare, start with the basics like good nutrition, proper hygiene and education. You take care of that and I guarantee you will not have to go to the ER anymore.
hmmmm

Pikeville, KY

#15 Sep 16, 2009
concerned wrote:
I took my daughter there and her lungs were bleeding from cold/flu and he gave her ibuprofen and sent her home, also said my child and i quote "Wasen't being Realistic" come on ppl she's 8! Thank goodness I made it the following day to a pediatrician with some sense.
Before putting my 2 cents in on this, I am going to get all the facts, unlike some other people that are so into name calling and being judgemental. It is a mothers' first instinct to want their child to be comfortable. I dont blame her for taking the child to the ER. However, I am curious...how did you know her lungs were bleeding?? Was she coughing up blood or what?
John

Perryville, KY

#16 Sep 16, 2009
I am so sick of people blaming doctors for not being treated properly when they are sick. Mainaining your health is an individual responsibility. If you do smoke, drink alcohol, take drugs, eat junk food, don't sleep right, and abuse your body, that's your fault and you got what you deserve. Don't turn around and blame a doctor for not making you better. If you don't give a damn about your health, why should a doctor. It's sad that the people who try to help are the ones who get blamed when things don't go perfectly.
John

Perryville, KY

#17 Sep 16, 2009
hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Before putting my 2 cents in on this, I am going to get all the facts, unlike some other people that are so into name calling and being judgemental. It is a mothers' first instinct to want their child to be comfortable. I dont blame her for taking the child to the ER. However, I am curious...how did you know her lungs were bleeding?? Was she coughing up blood or what?
She won't answer because she probably made that up. If her daughter spit up some blood it was probably because her gums were bleeding due to a combination of poor nutrition and poor dental hygiene. Or did she cough so hard that it tore the mucosal lining of her pharynx, which is pretty unlikely. Think about it, if she really was so sick that she was bleeding from her lungs, my question to the mother would be why she waited so long to take her to the hospital. Bleeding from the lungs just doesn't happen spontaneously from an 8 year old without having some preceding signs.
John

Perryville, KY

#18 Sep 16, 2009
Another Mother wrote:
Are you referring to the doctor or the patient?
John

Perryville, KY

#19 Sep 16, 2009
Another Mother wrote:
All I'm simply saying is that people should use some common sense before going to the emergency room for every little problem, most of which get better anyway whether you go to the doctor or not. Did you ever notice that the people in the emergency room waiting area seem pretty comfortable. That's because there really isn't anything wrong with them that constitutes a true emergency. Most of what is seen in emergency rooms can be taken care of at a doctors office. The only difference is that the emergency room will do a lot of unnecessary tests which generates a big bill and money for the hospital. It's no wonder that we have a healthcare crisis in this country.
American Customer

Inez, KY

#20 Sep 16, 2009
I think the first clue to the type of person this is, is the fact that her concern was getting reported to child welfare. Child welfare isn't even in my radar screen because I would never need to worry about that. It's been my experience that the first thought someone has in their mind usually points to a past experience.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min yabadabado 135,674
missing person please help 19 min sister that loves... 1
The Floyd County Times - The Worst 21 min Greg Stembo 27
~+~ Last Post Wins ~+~ (Oct '11) 1 hr texas pete 3,291
Add a word drop a word (Aug '11) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 5,413
The Alphabet Game. (Nov '12) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 2,944
Change a letter game (Aug '11) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 3,208
More from around the web

Prestonsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]