security guards at school
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tuck

Oak Ridge, NC

#43 Dec 30, 2012
parent wrote:
<quoted text>Many advantages of living in Pburg,guess thats why everyone wants to move to the burg and send thir kids to school there.
Yes compared to the rest of the county, everyone wants to live there. That's exactly where I want my kids to grow up. There is zero to do there, poor schools, no jobs. You have to drive 2hrs to get to civilization and you have a bunch of check drawing backwards pill heads. Please tell me an advantage. I am sure you are going to say it is safe, mainly because you have probably never lived anywhere else.
swxxxt

Pittsburgh, PA

#44 Dec 30, 2012
Raymond Guzzone

United States

#45 Jan 4, 2013
"You are crazier than the shooter, you need to be observed closely, you are probably more dangerous than a lion outside it's cage."

Hey genius I bet you believe 18 veterans actually kill themselves everyday? Or that politicians are legitimately elected every election for 50-60 years until they croak in office? Or that the unemployment rate is 7.x% when the US has net gained a job in a decade? Try hard, pull your head out, get a clue.
hmmmmm

Wheelwright, KY

#46 Jan 4, 2013
kerry wrote:
ive got two kids in elementry school, asked my kids if they seen any security guards or policeman at or inside the school they said no, so i asked them if there teachers talked about the shooting they said no are you like me wondering what is wrong with our schools, does are board of education care about the safety of our kids.
I hate even replying to anything on this site because some are so eager to use their keyboard to attack if you don't agree with exactly what they are saying. I can't help but to respond to this post because it is totally incorrect if you have a child within the PHS zone of the district. PHS, AMS, and PES have all had officers in and out all year for various things...more so since the shooting, but they have been present all year. Second, those same schools have had lock down practice procedures all year as well. Now, for the teachers.....My child is in kindergarten and today when they were picked up I was told they had a lockdown today.____ was very eager to tell me about the drill including that Miss__ locked the door and told us to get under the table.___ was talking so they told the class not to talk because if a stranger was in the hall they could hear them. If that isnt preparation for an emergency such as that in Conn., I dont know what is. The children should be spared the gory details and mass fear that would accompany talking to them about the shooting, but instead prepared to the best of their ability just in case. I must commend the staff at PES for all the safety procedures they have put in place to protect our children. I must also commend the PPD for their role in making our kids feel safe and protecting them as well. I believe in giving credit where it is due and thats my two bits :)
Raymond Guzzone

United States

#47 Jan 24, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min Mike Duquette 138,571
David Spradlin whts everyone know about him? 1 hr Random 1
Jerry Fannin's Debt to Prestonsburg 4 hr Interested 15
harrison lawn service (Jun '11) 7 hr Really 11
Prestonsburg High School Girls Basketball 13 hr UpIt 21
psychics or..fortune.tellers around. 15 hr just the facts 10
Men wearing pantyhose (Mar '14) 18 hr TightsMan 34
More from around the web

Prestonsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]