what do you think about jenny wiley s...
lacey

Frankfort, KY

#21 May 29, 2009
have any of you people even stayed at jenny wiley lately. they have fixed up the two bedroom cottages very nicely. and the food in the dining room is great
lacey

Frankfort, KY

#22 May 29, 2009
queen bee wrote:
I think its so funny that all their workers are nold enough to be my granny. No wonder are state is broke when you pay waitress tips and retirment I've checked around an d now I known why were called hillbillys. Please find young people instead of grandpeople. Why aren,t we helping are kids instead of old people.
What o you think should we take our old people out and shoot them. The service at the park is great and I don't know what you are talking about when you say they are all old they are not. They are all great people trying to make a living.
Tonya Darby-Combs

Humble, TX

#23 May 29, 2009
Who Cares wrote:
<quoted text>
Find a kid who will work and they may hire them. There are hardly any kids in this area that want to work. They are more interested in the 3 P's: pills, pot, and purse snatching
Put younger kids in there and see what type of service you get. The teenage workforce at Mcdonalds cant even get my order right when I go through drive through. So why would they do any better at Jenny Wiley. They have awesome food and service!!!

We live in the pill city of the world!!! Find some kids deacent enough and that can passa drug test.
Who Cares

United States

#24 May 31, 2009
lacey wrote:
have any of you people even stayed at jenny wiley lately. they have fixed up the two bedroom cottages very nicely. and the food in the dining room is great
The cabins are crap. The two bedrooms ones maybe nice, but the one bedroom ones have the same furniture that was in there when they were first built. Stains all over them, air filters not changed in over a year. Are you sure you are talking about JWSP
JWSP

Clarksville, TN

#25 Jun 3, 2009
So everyone was wonderin who was over the lake now! His name is Ty Lyndon. He is from Mississippi. He has done so much for JWSP since he took the title supervisor this year. There is so much stuff to do and so much to take care of. Give them a break. I promise its gonna get better! As far as the campground in concerned... that place ROCKS! And the supervisor over there is Pam. She is great! She makes that place seem like home. We love goin over there for all the activities. You don't have to camp to go and enjoy the activities for the kids. There is a recreation schedule printed every week with a lot of activites everyday for kids and adults to enjoy. You can get one at the lodge or at the campground!! Let me know what ya'll think about it!
eagle mommy

Clarksville, TN

#26 Jun 3, 2009
lacey wrote:
<quoted text> What o you think should we take our old people out and shoot them. The service at the park is great and I don't know what you are talking about when you say they are all old they are not. They are all great people trying to make a living.
The Young people do not want to work,and if you give a young person a job they think they should get paid for nothing and I mean nothing.I have not seen one young person that can work half as hard as a (Old person)as you call us.Stop and look before you judge a mature worker at any place of Business especially JWSRP.The Park is a wonderful place to visit and to work.
Mad-as-hell

Frankfort, KY

#27 Jun 4, 2009
I recently stayed at Jenny Wiley State Park. Their cabins are very nice and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The park is looking really good. The lake doesn't look very good. However, the Corps of Engineers is in charge of lake clean-up.
Outlaw

Ransom, KY

#28 Jun 4, 2009
johnjohn wrote:
i think that is roy comptons job to up keep the park.if the people of this community would start coming together they could start getting alot done in this community,if not it will stay the same.right patsy.
People like Roy in charge is the main reason why the park is in the shape it is now, he don't even take care of his self. Needs a haircut and shave.
gogo girl

Ransom, KY

#29 Jun 4, 2009
heidee wrote:
they do have some good looking men that work there and i ate in the dining room a few times and it would be nice to have new items on the bar on the weekends and they could lower some of the prices on the food.
Yea that Rodney at the front desk is hot, and the Park Ranger too.
queen bee

Jacksonville, TX

#30 Jun 4, 2009
I think Roy is agreat guy . when the strom came through, Roy hadthe lake clean-up by noon and yes he may have been at lunch. He does still care about are park. Clean up day he was there giving his free time,place the blame else where. There are lots of kids that work all over this town.Look around.and open your eyes.
queen bee

Jacksonville, TX

#31 Jun 4, 2009
People do need to retire. so kiss my hillybilly-ass.Give Someone else a chance are teacher are getting up there after thirty years your burnt out most of the time.If they were paid for what there kids were learning,things they would be a changing.
outlaw

Ransom, KY

#32 Jun 5, 2009
queen bee wrote:
I think Roy is agreat guy . when the strom came through, Roy hadthe lake clean-up by noon and yes he may have been at lunch. He does still care about are park. Clean up day he was there giving his free time,place the blame else where. There are lots of kids that work all over this town.Look around.and open your eyes.
Don't know where you get your info, but the park is still not cleaned up from the storm. They don't even keep the weeds cut, and the Lodge is starting to run down. The place needs alot of attention and renovation.
dogwood

United States

#33 Jun 5, 2009
amen outlaw,they must be talking about another park or blind one.ray charles could see that place is a mess.campground sucks.
wonderer

Kinston, NC

#34 Jun 6, 2009
How about the employees at Jenny Wiley?
outlaw

Ransom, KY

#36 Jun 6, 2009
wonderer wrote:
How about the employees at Jenny Wiley?
We had a class in one of the meeting rooms a couple of months ago, and the guy at the front desk I think his name was Rodney was very helpful and the housekeeping guy that came in and helped us get setup was kind and professional.
queen bee

Jacksonville, TX

#37 Jun 8, 2009
I know for a fact that they don't want you to go down to the lake to swim orfish unless your on a boat.. Thats at most state park.They have'nt for a few years now. Call they will tell you. To tonda darby-combs is'nt your brother a drug head. My mother lives there so my son went over to the park to look around,and see if he would be able to work during peak. Most are full timers. My son can pass any drug test. There a lot of young people who are not on drugs in P-burg. Remember what do they do when theres six working with two guest in the house.Now find out why the park going to hell. Paintsville go's wet,say good bye to the park x-mas party's.
roley poley

Ransom, KY

#38 Jun 9, 2009
First thing they need to do is send the park manager back to mississippi, and give my hero BEAR the job.
lacey

Frankfort, KY

#39 Jun 11, 2009
outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know where you get your info, but the park is still not cleaned up from the storm. They don't even keep the weeds cut, and the Lodge is starting to run down. The place needs alot of attention and renovation.
Its Funny that most people do not understand that the park might be a little run down but it is nt because the people who work there do not care it is because there is a lack of funds to do renovations. The people who work there try their best with what they have .
outlaw

Ransom, KY

#40 Jun 13, 2009
lacey wrote:
<quoted text> Its Funny that most people do not understand that the park might be a little run down but it is nt because the people who work there do not care it is because there is a lack of funds to do renovations. The people who work there try their best with what they have .
Then close it down untill the funds are there to buy weedeaters and cleaning supplies. They should at least try to keep it looking clean and neat.
Roger

Richmond, KY

#41 Jun 13, 2009
10 years ago the lake was extremely muddy and full of silt. Since, they have aquired the zebra mussel which as a byproduct has cleaned the water and caused underwater vegatation to start growing which is benificial to fish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stan Lee (Jan '17) 4 hr job 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 4 hr -Christopher Jarvis 812
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr -Christopher Jarvis 165,695
PHS Football 5 hr JPP 40
PHS Site Base Council 6 hr Dog pound 17
Tiffany Allen 7 hr Family Member 4
Regency Apts 8 hr Mike 2

Prestonsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prestonsburg Mortgages