PHS girls baksetball
nobody really

Prestonsburg, KY

#43 Jan 23, 2013
If they would've got these other players to play with the 3 Allen girls that quit, then they would be even better! So, why didn't butcher and the coach get these high schoolers to play with the Allen girls?
fan

Peach Creek, WV

#44 Jan 23, 2013
nobody really wrote:
If they would've got these other players to play with the 3 Allen girls that quit, then they would be even better! So, why didn't butcher and the coach get these high schoolers to play with the Allen girls?
Good plan but how could Butcher or coach do anything other than as .them.
fan

Peach Creek, WV

#45 Jan 23, 2013
ask
nobody really

Prestonsburg, KY

#46 Jan 23, 2013
They just needed them other three girls for one game against south Floyd! They didn't want to be last!
Prestonsburg

Matthews, NC

#47 Jan 23, 2013
Who cares except for parents of the girls? Girls basketball is like watching paint dry. If the win or lose every game it doesn't matter.
why?

Prestonsburg, KY

#48 Jan 23, 2013
Prestonsburg wrote:
Who cares except for parents of the girls? Girls basketball is like watching paint dry. If the win or lose every game it doesn't matter.
If you didn't care about girls baksetball, why did you even comment on this?
Prestonsburg

Matthews, NC

#49 Jan 23, 2013
[QUOTE who="why?"]<quote d text>
If you didn't care about girls baksetball, why did you even comment on this?[/QUOTE]

I am commenting on the fact that you are a bunch of losers bashing somthing that doesn't even matter. Use your energy for something positive and get a job.
really???

Prestonsburg, KY

#50 Jan 23, 2013
highrise_local wrote:
The team is better off now. Good luck Lady Cats!
Really???anyone who has watched the grade school girls play should know that the high school isn't better off with them leaving..the prestonsburg girls program could've had a great team if they cared enough to beg those 3 high school girls before the season started.they waited till they didn't have enough players to play before they went out begging..I would've loved to see the girls program be success but that's not gonna happen..not untill prestonsburg coaches learns to treat ALL girls with respect..
The truth

United States

#51 Jan 23, 2013
What goes around comes around doesn't it Coach Newsome? Jealousy, spitefulness and backstabbing in your personal life can come back to haunt you in everything. You never know who iis friend or foe as many people you have screwed over and/or screwed. You need to take good look at your morals. You are suppose to be setting a good example for the girls you are coaching. No wonder you can't keep a teaching job and have no friends.
PHS Fan

Georgetown, KY

#52 Jan 23, 2013
that is very disrespectable of you highrise_local to the girls that quit, to say the team is better off now. The girls that quit is the future for PHS but if I remember right one of the parents from Allen was told that only can start 5 player and 5 player is all they need this was said by the assist principal of the school, Well we see most of the Allen girls at AC now and some will be at Magoffin County. The PHS coach better stop listerning to her clock keeper and try to keep these girls at PHS.
Fan

Georgetown, KY

#53 Jan 23, 2013
April Newsome doesn't know shit about basketball.Hopefully you parents of the young girls will get them out of her program.The administration could care less about what goes on in girls basketball,basically because it doesn't involve a Derossett.Newsome definitely has a character problem,but she was only hired for 2 yrs,for reasons you will see at the end of those two yrs.Get your kids to a program that cares while you can!!
REALLYFUNNY

Charlotte, NC

#56 Jan 23, 2013
Allen Assistant Coach wrote:
I usually don't post on here but someone said there was a post about me. I want to first off put the end to any rumor that I have anything against Coach Newsome or want her job. Since my daughter began playing at PHS I have volunteered my time to keep stats, announced the games, ran the clock and volunteered to work all 3 days during the Christmas Tournament from 11:00 am to midnight every night. If I didn't want to see her be successful why would I volunteer my time.
Second, I want to eliminate the idea that I had the girls to quit. Since 12/26/12 eight girls have left the team. Four middle school girls and 4 high school girls. At no time did I encourage any girl to quit the team. In fact I encourage all the girls to continue to play after they left.
Third, at no time did I disrespect the girls or coaches that played for PHS. I did yell like every other parent and fan does at every game, to pass the ball, quit shooting threes, attack the basket and run their offense.
Fourth, my daughter left the team because she was tired of being beaten handily. I can only assume that is why the other girls left as well. I agree with Highrise Local, although these girls are good players, these girls were not ready to start high school varsity. They had a 3 win and 14 loss record with six of the losses by 40 or more points (40, 41, 42, 54, 56, 57 points). Simply put middle school girls and freshman can not simple compete against juniors and seniors.
Fifth, when my daughter left the team their was still 9 players left. It wasn't until the next day we found out that 3 other girls quit that night.
In the future, if you have questions, please don't listen to the people on the street as they apparently don't know. I wish Coach Newsome and the Lady Blackcats the best of luck the rest of the season.
....and as for you Mr.Coach. Pull your head out of your split and quit posting on topix. Your above that. I would fire you on the stop if I was your boss.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#57 Jan 23, 2013
PHS Fan wrote:
that is very disrespectable of you highrise_local to the girls that quit, to say the team is better off now. The girls that quit is the future for PHS but if I remember right one of the parents from Allen was told that only can start 5 player and 5 player is all they need this was said by the assist principal of the school, Well we see most of the Allen girls at AC now and some will be at Magoffin County. The PHS coach better stop listerning to her clock keeper and try to keep these girls at PHS.
Why is it disrespectful?(that's how you spell it) The truth is the truth, if you don't like it, don't reply. It's disrespectful that the girls from Allen quit in the middle of the season and walked out on their teammates...or is it just how they are taught these days and that's ok? A normal parent would tell their child quitting is not an option if you have already started. But parents baby their kids and everybody else is at fault.

Yes the Girls program is better off without all the girls that quit, and if you think that's disrespectful...then lets hear about your perfect life.

Since: Jan 13

Logan, WV

#58 Jan 23, 2013
looks like there are jealousy people in the room
Citizen

Summerville, SC

#59 Jan 23, 2013
highrise_local wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it disrespectful?(that's how you spell it) The truth is the truth, if you don't like it, don't reply. It's disrespectful that the girls from Allen quit in the middle of the season and walked out on their teammates...or is it just how they are taught these days and that's ok? A normal parent would tell their child quitting is not an option if you have already started. But parents baby their kids and everybody else is at fault.
Yes the Girls program is better off without all the girls that quit, and if you think that's disrespectful...then lets hear about your perfect life.
I think high rise is a douche, but he is 100 percent right. You all need to get lives. At least bitch about the beans being too cold at the Mexican restaurant and not girls basketball. Who cares?

Logan, WV

#60 Jan 23, 2013
Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I think high rise is a douche, but he is 100 percent right. You all need to get lives. At least bitch about the beans being too cold at the Mexican restaurant and not girls basketball. Who cares?
I'll take that

Logan, WV

#61 Jan 23, 2013
I agree with citizen and highrise.
ladycat fan

Peach Creek, WV

#62 Jan 24, 2013
Is it possible that the parents,coaches,fans,adminestr atrs etc. get togeather and agree that united we win and divided we lose. The girls seem fine with each other. just a little food for thought. I think everyone means well but everybody needs to get on the same page and you got yourself a winner.
A friend

Pikeville, KY

#63 Jan 24, 2013
The girls from Allen is the best you can get they are who made you win when you did they are great ball players love watching them play best ball games I has ever seen they need Rick at the high school and they will see what kind of team they would have love you Allen girls one of your biggest fans

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#64 Jan 24, 2013
They have 11 games left. The day the girls quit they were 3-12, The last game makes the NEW TEAM 1-0.

So, with that said at the end of the season my statement will hold truth as saying they were better without the quitters.

And when they do win, I am sure you will have something else to say to back-up your reasoning on why the Allen girls are the Connecticut Sun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min Paul 170,025
Big night for Prestonsburg Football 6 min Good Day 28
blackcat football (Apr '16) 6 min John 16
District 3 Magistrate - Keith Bartley is for Wa... 10 hr Jerry 1
Floyd County Schools Superintendent Search Comm... 11 hr Avery 4
County Judge Election 13 hr WTH 33
Clinton Thomas Mon Hodgey 19

Prestonsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance