What do you think about Food City in ...

What do you think about Food City in Prestonsburg

Posted in the Prestonsburg Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
hmm

Ransom, KY

#2 May 14, 2009
too busy..too expensive...I go to Super Walmart for groceries
alchcurious

United States

#3 May 14, 2009
It is ok to shop but not agood place to work. 98% of the employees are cut throats and they keep drama going all the time. You wont see that at walmart because gossip will cost you your job.
happyface

Frankfort, KY

#4 May 14, 2009
They have some meanies working there. The kids at the checkout text the whole time. You hear people there loudly talking about other employees. These are mostly the adults that do that, talking smack about the teenagers, which is ridiculus they are old enough to know better than to stand there saying bad things about young employees. Grow up! They are often sold out of things they advertise. We sure need a good grocery store. Oh well, guess we'll go take more buisness to Paintsville. Why can't Pburg get good stores/resteraunts, why do we have to go elsewhere to shop when our population is similar to Paintsville?
alchcurious

Clarksville, TN

#5 May 14, 2009
MTD wrote:
What do you think about Prestonsburg food city tell it all>
(Be careful Vaughn is watching)
Now who the hell is Vaughn?
pburg citizen

Aiken, SC

#6 May 14, 2009
don't get me started on food city! i hate that store....in my opinion they need to get rid of tammy the gm and get someone in there that knows how to run a store. they never have baggers, they are always huddled outside hiding....no one is friendly and with the kind of money we spend there they should at least show us some appreciation!
girl

Chesterfield, MO

#7 May 14, 2009
Well, it's ok I guess, but you have teenagers working there, and yes they tend to want to just giggle and gossip, and act like they hate working there. Besides that, it still doesn't stop me from shopping there.
The Teens

Anderson, SC

#8 May 14, 2009
I also am a shopper at the Prestonsburg Food City, and I also agree that the workers should be nice to the customer... But lets give the teenagers a break, Most of the young ones are just there for a little extra money trying to work there way threw school and I am sure we have all be there at one point in our lifes! I myself work with tennagers that do the same thing but I just give them some slack and let them enjoy the young years!
xchrisx

Beckley, WV

#9 May 14, 2009
Everytime I go in there I see eric blanton and he is a fn idiot
Felicia

Logan, WV

#10 May 14, 2009
I love Food City! Josh, Sierra and Leann are awesome.=) Oh and Andrew to. lolbut he needs to be getting me back my usb port.
mmm

Holden, WV

#11 May 14, 2009
I dont like it. I dont live there anymore but I still go to p-burg alot, and I miss the old Food Land and Food City. They werent to busy!
I love my teenagers

Anderson, SC

#12 May 15, 2009
The Teens wrote:
I also am a shopper at the Prestonsburg Food City, and I also agree that the workers should be nice to the customer... But lets give the teenagers a break, Most of the young ones are just there for a little extra money trying to work there way threw school and I am sure we have all be there at one point in our lifes! I myself work with tennagers that do the same thing but I just give them some slack and let them enjoy the young years!
I totaly agree. I can deal with them while shopping at Food City but some of the adults are hateful.I like how they will hire handicap or mentally challenged adults. As for Tammy she is awesome.
Mellow

Evansville, IN

#13 May 21, 2009
It sucks I hate walking into the damn place, everyone stares at you like they have never seen a person b4. All that works there are a bunch of nerds!:0
kroger shoper

Evansville, IN

#14 May 22, 2009
the layout is poorly designed. the signs in the isles are on the wrong side.(cereal on left side of isle, sign on right side) Fruit is old and tastes bad. Prices are high. Deli food is not fresh, or sits there all day and not thrown out. I so with Prestonsburg/Floyd county had a Kroger. Organic Bread very stale. Many items out of date on shelf, No cherry Pepsi in cans. Lack of variety. Deli again needs to upgrade their product offerings.
Honey

United States

#15 May 22, 2009
Mellow wrote:
It sucks I hate walking into the damn place, everyone stares at you like they have never seen a person b4. All that works there are a bunch of nerds!:0
LOL That is funny.You sound like my my decaesed paranoid aunt.
shontel

Sistersville, WV

#16 May 22, 2009
I agree..."don't get me started" on Food City---they are complete and total A-holes!!! All the time, way too big for their pants!!! They are rude, mannerless, and totally just dumb people, uncaring also. I have had horrible experiences in that store time and time again. I've learned it's best to shop around. Don't give just one store all your business. That's the best bet for keeping these so called stores around here on their toes.
pooky

Meadville, PA

#17 May 22, 2009
kroger shoper wrote:
the layout is poorly designed. the signs in the isles are on the wrong side.(cereal on left side of isle, sign on right side) Fruit is old and tastes bad. Prices are high. Deli food is not fresh, or sits there all day and not thrown out. I so with Prestonsburg/Floyd county had a Kroger. Organic Bread very stale. Many items out of date on shelf, No cherry Pepsi in cans. Lack of variety. Deli again needs to upgrade their product offerings.
I totally agree with you!!
real good

Social Circle, GA

#18 May 22, 2009
hmm wrote:
too busy..too expensive...I go to Super Walmart for groceries
We don't have a Super Wal-mart so you must go out of Prestonsburg to shop, so why don't you go out of Prestonsburg to live!

Since: Apr 09

Charleston, WV

#19 May 22, 2009
I think it's an okay store. The long lines can be a killer though. I'm an impatient person, myself. The teens working there don't bother me, in fact, I find that a good quality among today's youth. It's nice to see them out working trying to make a dollar. They're a little over-priced but they do offer some 'off' brand stuff that is still a little more expensive than Save a lot for example. I think Tammy is a nice lady. I also think the young man who is always dressed professionally does a fine job. All in all it has some quirks but nothing is perfect. It's at least cheaper than Food Land was :)

“Scared to be honest Be urself ”

Since: Apr 09

Morehead, KY

#20 May 22, 2009
I always hated the self-checkouts. In every other store (Wal-Mart, Kroger, etc.) I almost never have a problem with their self-checkout lane. However, at Food City, always a problem.
Sweety

Ransom, KY

#22 May 26, 2009
I never liked it. I always go to Super center. It's cheaper!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greg Stumbo brought Bill Clinton to Prestonsbur... 5 min MeInP-burg 14
Former mayor and city utilities 13 min MeInP-burg 32
Scums!!!!!!! 1 hr MeInP-burg 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 148,980
Terry Lee Kinzer-Crum ? 2 hr johnson county dude 2
looking for female shih tzu to breed with male... (Jul '10) 20 hr Kerilynn 240
need wooden pallets 22 hr Roger 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prestonsburg Mortgages