The Movie: Country Boys, our local ce...

The Movie: Country Boys, our local celebrities

Posted in the Prestonsburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
local celebrity

United States

#1 Sep 27, 2009
Have you watched the movie "Country Boys" , directed by David Sutherland.

David also had triumph of the film the Chicago Tribune it was "one of the extraordinary television events of the decade," David Sutherland returns to PBS with "Country Boys," a moving portrait of the trials and triumphs of Chris Johnson and Cody Perkins, two boys coming of age in the Appalachian hills of Floyd County in eastern Kentucky.

Filmed over three years , "Country Boys" tracks the dramatic stories of Chris and Cody from ages 15 to 18!

Cody Perkins is an orphan. His mother's postpartum suicide left the infant boy in the care of his father, who, 12 years later, killed his seventh wife before turning the gun on himself. Bounced around among relatives he barely knew, Cody eventually chose to live with his former step-grandmother, Liz McGuire.

Chris Johnson lives in a rundown trailer in Garrett, Kentucky with his mother, Sheila, a high school dropout, and his father, Randall, an alcoholic with terminal cirrhosis of the liver.

Its really a good movie. I recognized several people I had went to grade school with.

Watch it, then give us your review!
Click to watch!
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/count...
Amy johnson

Pikeville, KY

#2 Jan 31, 2010
man cant u guys let that movie go
look randall aka dad died let him rest for god sakes
sheila got remarried let her live
amy got married and is gettin pissed over this stupid movie
&& chris is still up jays ass
aint gonna change no matter how much u talk about it
so drop the damn thing plz
none of its true && ik ur gonna ask how i know
i'm amy his damn sister he had a script in his hand the whole time he was doin the movie read ur facts it's help
paid

Chicago, IL

#3 Jan 31, 2010
you all got paid, and agreed to be filmed. you all should of read all the facts, and legal papers before you agreed to be in a documentary.

I've seen some of your family from the movie out and about, still looks like poor choices are being made.
aaa

Dahlonega, GA

#4 Feb 1, 2010
none of the people in that film got paid..I assure you. Plus the people in that film were aged 15 and under..so you tell me how many good decisions YOU made at that age?
I know

Pikeville, KY

#5 Feb 1, 2010
Cody married some old lady from Martin now.. Old enuff to be his mom. But I heard she likes dem young and he's about to get to old for her.
three stars

Richmond, KY

#6 Feb 1, 2010
I loved the documentary. It was done in very good taste.
Amy johnson

Pikeville, KY

#8 Feb 3, 2010
paid wrote:
you all got paid, and agreed to be filmed. you all should of read all the facts, and legal papers before you agreed to be in a documentary.
I've seen some of your family from the movie out and about, still looks like poor choices are being made.
ok dude no one got paid u should read ur facts
&& thanx but yea wer still around but isnt it our buissness
wat we do
oOo btw if u had a life u wouldnt
have time to judge other ppl would u?
that dang film was my brothers idea
my mom only did it bc he could graduate if she did
wasnt none of our idea's so shut up for awhile
Ralph

Pikeville, KY

#9 Feb 4, 2010
I loved the film and wish they would do another one.
coolperson

Williamson, WV

#10 Feb 4, 2010
my dad was in that
Amy johnson

Pikeville, KY

#11 Feb 4, 2010
coolperson wrote:
my dad was in that
cool which one lol
curious

Wichita, KS

#12 Jul 20, 2011
so what is Chris up to now? I found him cute in a strange way. He was kind of like an underdog, and we wanted to root for him. Did he ever get it together or go back to school?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#13 Jul 20, 2011
ya whatever happened to him and his friendo Jay, still delivering pizzas and trying to get that pig to come out from underneath the trailer? Just kidding, but why do you care anyway?

Location hidden

#14 Jul 21, 2011
probably because once someone sees someone on tv they suddenly become more interesting, ha. maybe those two got married and had a bunch of kids. they should try for a reality show, get a camera to follow them around Kentucky doing nothing like all the other reality shows out there
curious

Wichita, KS

#15 Jul 21, 2011
I don't know, just curious how he turned out. when we watched that show viewers wanted him to figure it out. I was just wondering what happened to him, and whether he was ever able to go to school. WIkipedia said he has "no online presense" which is a little strange. If I were him I would get a freaking face book and reach out to people. people liked those 2 weird hillbillies from KY

Location hidden

#16 Jul 22, 2011
who are you calling a weird hillbilly? if you want to know so bad maybe his sister will get back on here and tell you, or try the Google machine, lol. How could you think that guy was cute?
Jackson

Richmond, KY

#17 Jul 23, 2011
Not only one of my favorite documentaries, but one of the funniest things I've ever watched.
curious

Wichita, KS

#18 Jul 24, 2011
wow. nobody knows what these two are up to nowadays...I hope they are doing well. they should get on here and say what's up
curious

Wichita, KS

#19 Jul 24, 2011
I wonder what happened to that pig under the trailer....
movie

Williamson, WV

#20 Jul 31, 2011
Is this on dvd
curious

Wichita, KS

#21 Aug 1, 2011
ya it's on dvd. any news on that chris guy, no one knows what happened to him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kelly joe craft post comment on me just wanna s... (Aug '09) 34 min what what 23
David May & His Woman 53 min Oily Fingers 18
Appalachian Meats 3 hr Meatman 3
Star City Cruise In 4 hr False Advertisement 1
i want to buy dirty used straight guys underwear. (Dec '14) 4 hr dirtyknotz 50
Dollar Tree 6 hr tyronne biggums 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 hr Gaybriel 142,409
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prestonsburg Mortgages