parent

Prestonsburg, KY

#1 Sep 25, 2012
Rules stated: parents stay in car,teacher will bring student to parking area,no one move until every child is in a car,staff will then direct cars to leave in a orderly matter. If a car left early then that person was asked to wait and leave last. I must have missed the footnote that stated all rules are off if there is rain,snow or wind. Rules are easy made but must be followed by the makers if they expect others to obey. Whomever made the rules mu st also be the enforcer. Just a little food for thuoght,not trying to cause trouble. In nice weather they do a good job. lol
Jollyroger

United States

#2 Sep 25, 2012
parent wrote:
Rules stated: parents stay in car,teacher will bring student to parking area,no one move until every child is in a car,staff will then direct cars to leave in a orderly matter. If a car left early then that person was asked to wait and leave last. I must have missed the footnote that stated all rules are off if there is rain,snow or wind. Rules are easy made but must be followed by the makers if they expect others to obey. Whomever made the rules mu st also be the enforcer. Just a little food for thuoght,not trying to cause trouble. In nice weather they do a good job. lol
It's a hick town with 2f in lanes of traffic for God sake. How hard is it?
REALLY

Charleston, WV

#3 Sep 25, 2012
I would like to see how many people would stand in pouring rain to dismiss traffic. I think they do very well getting everyone out safely. It was pouring the rain. Not to mention lighting! Everyone of them out there today was soaking wet. Give them a break!
crazy

Logan, WV

#4 Sep 26, 2012
Whatever happened to letting kids ride the bus to & from school?
parent

Prestonsburg, KY

#5 Sep 27, 2012
REALLY wrote:
I would like to see how many people would stand in pouring rain to dismiss traffic. I think they do very well getting everyone out safely. It was pouring the rain. Not to mention lighting! Everyone of them out there today was soaking wet. Give them a break!
Don't get your shorts in a wad. The teachers and staff go above and beyond to protect the kids. No a teacher should not be asked to stand in the rain dressed in their school clothes. I was saying you can't turn traffic loose on their own in bad weather. When the plan was developed the weather shuold have been considered. Maybe they could hire a couple people for an hour each afternoon to direct traffic. Winter is on the way and bad weather will be the norm. Maybe a parent vol. who could dress for the weather. Great school,great staff and super great kids. GO BLACKCATS
good luck

United States

#6 Sep 27, 2012
parent wrote:
<quoted text>Don't get your shorts in a wad. The teachers and staff go above and beyond to protect the kids. No a teacher should not be asked to stand in the rain dressed in their school clothes. I was saying you can't turn traffic loose on their own in bad weather. When the plan was developed the weather shuold have been considered. Maybe they could hire a couple people for an hour each afternoon to direct traffic. Winter is on the way and bad weather will be the norm. Maybe a parent vol. who could dress for the weather. Great school,great staff and super great kids. GO BLACKCATS
Just a request
Could those leaving PES PLEASE drive in the LEFT lane on 114 towards town so some of us can turn right out of 404?I
A Witness

Hagerhill, KY

#7 Sep 27, 2012
Women should be banned from driving period!! Go Saudi Arabia!!!
RedNeck

Winchester, KY

#8 Oct 4, 2012
FRIGGIN city yard apes are too good to ride a bus. At least they think they are.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#9 Oct 8, 2012
crazy wrote:
Whatever happened to letting kids ride the bus to & from school?
Pre school kids should not be riding the bus with grade school and high schoolkids sorry!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr LMS 148,451
Sam waller floyd co deputy want to be 1 hr MandSLOL 2
Notable Quotes by Dale Botts aka Happy Camper 2 hr Happy Happy Happy 1
Any Single ladies in P-burg (Oct '15) 10 hr Could care less 5
We need Shane back 13 hr Bob 9
Former mayor and city utilities 13 hr Voter 25
Prestonsburg Football 14 hr PHS Allumni 156
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prestonsburg Mortgages