Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148849 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#86804 Sep 4, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Read your bible, try Matthew 5:15-20 The old testament applies to you or the ten commandments do not.
Christians don't live under the Old Testament though. The Commandments were carried over to be used in the New Covenant. Matthew 5:15-20 merely states that until Jesus' work is finished on Earth, they (the people He was speaking to) will live by the Old Law.

However, Jesus finished his work here on Earth, bringing in the New Covenant, which we now live by (and will be judged by).
others

New Haven, KY

#86805 Sep 4, 2012
Many type of people in this world. Those that make you feel worthy and those that live to prove you do wrong. Those that live by their ego's while not caring who's they hurt in return. Those that love and expect nothing in return. Those that try to live right and fall just like all nonperfect bodies we are. Those that think of themselves as perfect and only live for themself's. Which ones are we?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#86806 Sep 4, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I noted Q's feeders had bright yellow flowers on it... the one I had were kind of dull!
So I bought a new one, and use wal-mart's necter...
sad thing is, it's a year old, and they love it...
(I think it's fermented... LOL)
Of course, they might like mother nature (Natural) food
than man made!
Good luck!
They are so beautiful!
I have 3 different styles of feeders, a couple with the yellow flowers. I'll keep them out there. 2 new birds this morning 1/4 the size of the regular ones.
trusted

New Haven, KY

#86807 Sep 4, 2012
They also love the single packs of koolaid . Really the red. The kind that is already sweet. I guess I have mine , hooked on sugar, buzing around on a high.
Tom From N Y

Livingston, TN

#86808 Sep 4, 2012
The Mormon Church is not even a real church,or romney does not car eabout you people here in albany,or any other small town. we lived in michigan when his daddy was governor,Michigan loved george Romney who was born in mexico and they loved him more when he left the governor house he too was for big business. and Romney sent millions of jobs overseas,and took those jobs from American workers..so india,china and mexico could have work and a better living then here in the USA. Romney lies..sam eas his daddy and george w. bush.

NYT's Fact-Checker Supreme Michael Cooper:'Romney Campaign Appears To Be More Dishonest'

The New York Times' "fact-checking" reporter Michael Cooper laments that his colleague's "verdicts that a campaign has crossed the line are often drowned out by dissent from its supporters, who take it upon themselves to check the checkers....But some independent commentators have argued that the Romney campaign appears to be more dishonest at this point in the campaign, citing the many times it has broadcast a commercial making the false claim that Mr. Obama wants to gut the work requirements of welfare." Only one problem: Romney is correct.

GOP Convention 'Colossal Hoax,' Party 'Trades in Human Horridness,' New York Times Columnists Say

What four New York Times columnists had to say about the Republican National Convention. Maureen Dowd called it "a colossal hoax," among other things, while Charles Blow also lit into GOP "lying" and Frank Bruni and Nicholas Kristof tackled what they considered Republican exclusion and extremism on gay rights and abortion, respectively

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#86810 Sep 4, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Klingons in yer case!
I try to have a conversation with you and add a little humor and you turn to personal attack. Soooo, I would say let's call you a borg, not just a borg but a GenuineBorgChristian.
The GenuineBorgChristian takes other people, by forcing upon them the hive mentality, this usually involves hate or violence and threat of burning for all eternity unless
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Klingons in yer case!
I try to have a conversation with you and add a little humor and you turn to personal attack. Soooo, I would say in your case let's call you a borg, not just a borg but a GenuineBorgChristian. The GenuineBorgChristian tries to assimilate people, by forcing upon them the hive mentality, this usually involves hate and violence with the threat of burning for eternity. Once in the GenuineBorgChristian collective all ability to think is denied, the collective are zombies that do what is best for their deity, which apparently is to walk around with glazed eyes repeating, john 3.16 blah blah blah. The GenuineBorgChristian's ultimate goal is to be an enima, for their creator.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#86811 Sep 4, 2012
Wow, that was different.
nope

United States

#86812 Sep 4, 2012
ridiculous

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#86813 Sep 4, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Clueless AS Usual!
Picture this...
Puritains...
Deists...
Catholics....
Christians....
and a very few atheists...
None of them wanting to offend each other by pointing out Who's
version of God is the Right God, but ALL (except the atheists)
KNOWING Our Creator is real, and that OUR fundamental rights
were given to ALL men by God, so they did not say Jesus, just OUR Creator!... and the year of our Lord...
It's worked well all these years, and Blacks held offices back before slavery came up!
Quite facinating...
So a bunch of Christians left out Jesus in order not to offend each other? Yeah, that makes more sense than the whole secular government thing.

Location hidden

#86814 Sep 4, 2012
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>Christians don't live under the Old Testament though. The Commandments were carried over to be used in the New Covenant. Matthew 5:15-20 merely states that until Jesus' work is finished on Earth, they (the people He was speaking to) will live by the Old Law.

However, Jesus finished his work here on Earth, bringing in the New Covenant, which we now live by (and will be judged by).
Then please tell the Fundies to stop quoting Leviticus unless they are ready to quote all of it.

Location hidden

#86815 Sep 4, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Then please tell the Fundies to stop quoting Leviticus unless they are ready to quote all of it.
LOL - They won't listen to me. The Old Testament was only meant for the Jewish people, not Gentiles.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86816 Sep 4, 2012
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - They won't listen to me. The Old Testament was only meant for the Jewish people, not Gentiles.
Um no. The "new" convent was that the laws of god would be written on the heart of man (they thought the heart was the brain) so you have no excuse not to follow the jewish laws.
Your god is the jewish god. Jesus is not god but the way to god. So how do you say that you are not under the law? Oh, because you know that the bible is not true so you can pick and choose what suits your desires

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86817 Sep 4, 2012
@Kublakhan, From your bible jesus told people that they would not pass away until he has come again. Also where does it say that the ten commandments passed over and the parts that do not fit YOUR life did not?
Lets be honest, a bunch of towelheads wrote the bible to justify violence, perversion, bloodlust, rape, and theft by claiming god loved only them.....

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86818 Sep 4, 2012
And to be clear, it is the god that you worship that demanded animal blood sacrifice, human sacrifice, the slaughter of men, women, and CHILDREN so the jewish people could TAKE their property. YOUR GOD says slavery is good!
(and why do you try to defame good Satanist by claiming we do what your god demanded?)

Location hidden

#86819 Sep 5, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Um no. The "new" convent was that the laws of god would be written on the heart of man (they thought the heart was the brain) so you have no excuse not to follow the jewish laws.
Your god is the jewish god. Jesus is not god but the way to god. So how do you say that you are not under the law? Oh, because you know that the bible is not true so you can pick and choose what suits your desires
Jesus is God. The old laws were done away with at Jesus' death, burial and resurrection.

Location hidden

#86820 Sep 5, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
@Kublakhan, From your bible jesus told people that they would not pass away until he has come again. Also where does it say that the ten commandments passed over and the parts that do not fit YOUR life did not?
Lets be honest, a bunch of towelheads wrote the bible to justify violence, perversion, bloodlust, rape, and theft by claiming god loved only them.....
1 - Matthew 4:10 (No other Gods)
2 - 1 Corinthians 10:14 (No graven images)
3 - 1 Timothy 6:1 (Lord's name in vain)
4 - Saturday *was* the Sabbath, but now Sunday is, therefore this law was not carried over as it was written.
5 - Matthew 19:19 (Honor father and mother)
6 - Romans 13:9 (Shall not kill)
7 - Matthew 19:18 (Shall not commit adultery)
8 - Romans 13:9 (Shall not steal)
9 - Romans 13:9 (Shall not bear false witness)
10 - Romans 7:7 (Shall not covet)

Location hidden

#86821 Sep 5, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
And to be clear, it is the god that you worship that demanded animal blood sacrifice, human sacrifice, the slaughter of men, women, and CHILDREN so the jewish people could TAKE their property. YOUR GOD says slavery is good!
(and why do you try to defame good Satanist by claiming we do what your god demanded?)
Demanded, as in past tense? And you're right, the Jewish people. Not the gentiles. And exactly where have I tried to defame *any* Satanists? I respect your right to follow God, or Satan or neither as you see fit.

Location hidden

#86822 Sep 5, 2012
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
Demanded, as in past tense? And you're right, the Jewish people. Not the gentiles. And exactly where have I tried to defame *any* Satanists? I respect your right to follow God, or Satan or neither as you see fit.
Some folk's style of arguing is a bit harsh, but I do agree that there is a problem in Christianity in the sense that it requires a direct line from the god of the Jewish stories and the god of the New Testament. But any scholar examining the texts must conclude that these are very, very different animals.

Realistically, the NT is a set of documents that define a new mythology while carrying some threads of an older mythology. You need the OT god to give Jesus validity as the Creator but with that OT connection comes the embarrassing history of god as a destroyer, jealous and revenge-seeking.

Taking religion non-literally you can easily harmonize all ideas. That is the "mystery" of Christ. But taking it literally you will only sound like a disingenuous lunatic. Personally it is the latter group of people I argue against when I make posts critical of religion.

(not accusing you of either, BTW)

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86823 Sep 5, 2012
KublaKhan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was being general not specific.
The jewish people where very violent. The point I am making is that modern day "christians" are not following the same religion and your god is not the same god.
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#86824 Sep 5, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Um no. The "new" convent was that the laws of god would be written on the heart of man (they thought the heart was the brain) so you have no excuse not to follow the jewish laws.
John 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, MOSES GAVE YOU NOT THAT BREAD from heaven; but my Father giveth you the TRUE BREAD from heaven.

Mathew 7:12 Therefore ALL THINGS WHATSOEVER ye would that men should do to you, DO YE even so to them: for (((THIS IS THE LAW))) and the prophets.

Matthew 4:4 It is written, Man shall not live BY BREAD ALONE, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Luke 17:21 for, behold, the kingdom of God is within YOU.

Matthew 5:7,8 Blessed are THE MERCIFUL: for they shall obtain MERCY.
8 Blessed are THE PURE IN HEART: for they shall SEE GOD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big mouth Jessica Scarberry 2 hr Poop eater 8
Has Stapleton beeen good for P'burg? 2 hr Terry 22
Jerry Butcher 6 hr Bett 16
need wooden pallets 12 hr Fun stuff 1
Prestonsburg Football 23 hr Former citizen 257
Muslims are taking over EKY. Prepare for sharia... Thu Truth 30
Blackcats have bigger EGO's then talent (Oct '13) Thu Kuna 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prestonsburg Mortgages