Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149632 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#84174 Jul 30, 2012
David From Detroit wrote:
If You Work,You should Love Obama
Bush almost broke this country with help from mcconnell.
Obama saves the USA from a Depression...
If not for President Obama giving G.M. Money to get them over the Hill.. Spring Hill and Franklin,Bowling Green,Ky would be a town gone broke..
Everyone who lives and works here,or owns a business should get on there knees and thank God for President Obama the people President.
Republican Willard Mitt Romney made Millions sending jobs to India,Mexico his father Homeland and China making Billios of dollars fr stockholders while Our President was saving Spring Hill and other towns across the USA..
GM Going Broke...
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...
http://www.smh.com.au/news/business/is-genera...

US In Debt to GM...
"May 3: The CBO doesnÂ’t give a breakdown of how much of its $34 billion cost estimate for the bailout would have gone to General Motors. But most of the automaker bailout funds went to GM. While the Treasury has a 61 percent equity stake in GM, its stake in Chrysler is 9.9 percent."

When the Government gets involved they force companies like GM to produce stuff like the Volt...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#84175 Jul 30, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was looking for vintage B'ville photos and found this - oddly enough, it's on Topix and on topic?
http://www.topix.com/album/detail/barbourvill...
You do realize that until the last 10 years Barbourville was overwhelmingly Democrat during it's downward spiral... It even had a Democratic registered organized group for a while... The KKK a Democrat fund-raising wing back in the day.... George Wallis was a Democrat... It's a Southern Tradition...
defender

Sarasota, FL

#84176 Jul 30, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong yet again... there is no "church of evolution." You seem to think that as you wear the rose colored glasses of religion, everyone else must wear tinted spectacles, too.
"...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Doyle

There is a man in Canada who has won the lottery 5 times - improbable? Very. You'd claim it statistically "off the chart", but fact is stranger than fiction. The truth is, odds do not stack, but they remain the same for each play only as long as nothing changes - and so it is with abiogenesis. Every second that conditions are almost right for it to occur might be either high or low, but almost is not dead on. However, conditions change slightly and continuously. Over the course of a half billion years the chances of conditions being EXACTLY right are incredibly good - especially when the entire surface of the Earth is the medium.
You claim that the probabilities of life without a Creator is "off the chart", but ID itself has INFINITELY lower odds.
Lol... Ok well we can't defend it so let's just say it happened anyway... Classic argument from our friends at the Church of evolution!!... You guys are funny!!! Gotta give ya that much...
defender

Sarasota, FL

#84177 Jul 30, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>Corbin ..the place where they believe no one should have alcohol , no matter how responsible they are ...but EVERYONE should have a gun , no matter how irresponsible they are ...haha
Yes everyone should have a gun...
defender

Sarasota, FL

#84178 Jul 30, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, wassamatter? You don't recognize YOUR OWN LINK?
Looking for a buyer like me? Did your church run off all the educated people and now they need a new target for Saturday nights?
Sorry bud, I can tell the difference between rattling pitchforks and ocean surf.
I posted that for a reason dip shit... And I party harder than any of you guys ever dreamed about on both Friday and Saturday nights,..
defender

United States

#84179 Jul 30, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>You know what's going to happen when the religiously repressed are allowed to go hog wild on a sinful pleasure!
SP, got any examples?
Only fools pick left or right... They ate one and the same... But hey change we can believe in right?... Or what?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#84181 Jul 30, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that until the last 10 years Barbourville was overwhelmingly Democrat during it's downward spiral... It even had a Democratic registered organized group for a while... The KKK a Democrat fund-raising wing back in the day.... George Wallis was a Democrat... It's a Southern Tradition...
I was just meaning that it was an ironic find.
Both parties have been fiscally irresponsible in their own ways, and each blames the other for it without any meaningful dialog or pragmatic approach toward addressing and correcting the failures they share.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84182 Jul 30, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted that for a reason dip shit... And I party harder than any of you guys ever dreamed about on both Friday and Saturday nights,..
Well, uhm... good for you, nice to know you had a reason.?.
I admit I haven't really partied that much in the last 20 or 30 years, so I'll concede that point. Go on ahead without me.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84183 Jul 30, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
(Repasted from Gun Laws. Too lazy to type it over.)

SECOND AMENDMENT: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
More family members and innocents are killed by guns than intruders and thugs. I was hanging out in a gun shop that a friend of mine owned and a guy came in to pick up a Phoenix 380, ammo and ankle holster he'd bought. The waiting period was up and he'd gotten a concealed permit. The moron didn't even know how to pop the clip. The shop owner showed him how to load it, took the rounds back out and sent him on his way. About 5 minutes later he comes back in - with the gun loaded - and asks why it did't fire. The gun shop was in a residential neighborhood - it's a good thing the guy didn't know about the safety! The shop owner unloaded it and told him where to take classes. We watched through the door as the imbecile reloaded it and stuck in back in the holster he was wearing. It takes more training to do a load of laundry than the law requires for a firearm. This jerk had never fired a weapon in his life, had no clue about weapon safety or maintenance, but he had a concealed carry permit - and you don't think the laws are f'ed up?
juggalo

United States

#84184 Jul 30, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
YAA, would you please explain this
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&safe=off&am...
Yaa has stated in other posts that if god told him to kill his daughter that he would ..he also had a conversation with her about it already and explained to her that if god were to ask him Su h a thing that he would have to follow through ...but vet this one .when I asked him if he would accept it if god told his daughter to have an abortion ..he said that he would have to check with god himself to make sure his daughter was telling the truth ..you know he hasn't talked like that on here in a while ..I kinda miss the crazy ol days lol

“See how you are?”

Earth

#84185 Jul 30, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yaa has stated in other posts that if god told him to kill his daughter that he would ..he also had a conversation with her about it already and explained to her that if god were to ask him Su h a thing that he would have to follow through ...but vet this one .when I asked him if he would accept it if god told his daughter to have an abortion ..he said that he would have to check with god himself to make sure his daughter was telling the truth ..you know he hasn't talked like that on here in a while ..I kinda miss the crazy ol days lol
"God willing," I hope his daughter doesn't!!!
jfresh

Shepherdsville, KY

#84186 Jul 30, 2012
THE WORLD IS FLAT THE WORLD IS
FLAT! WE ARE THE CENTER IF THE UNIVERSE! Don't blaspheme!!!!
juggalo

United States

#84187 Jul 30, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Really ? I know plenty of people who are no where near mentally stable enough to be responsible with a gun ...and you are saying they should have one anyway ?
bakadetecter

Fort Worth, TX

#84188 Jul 30, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
You know they cannot!
It would have to be faked just as Nebraska man!
We that know God is real will never fall for their lies!
Amen!
Ok. if that were the case would't you need to prove that god exists. Oh thats right it would have been proven fake just like the mt. blanco giant,the shroud of turin and all the other fony evidence that comes from the iddle east. Science is real never fall for their with hunts!
Fiet!
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#84189 Jul 30, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
(Repasted from Gun Laws. Too lazy to type it over.)
SECOND AMENDMENT: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
More family members and innocents are killed by guns than intruders and thugs. I was hanging out in a gun shop that a friend of mine owned and a guy came in to pick up a Phoenix 380, ammo and ankle holster he'd bought. The waiting period was up and he'd gotten a concealed permit. The moron didn't even know how to pop the clip. The shop owner showed him how to load it, took the rounds back out and sent him on his way. About 5 minutes later he comes back in - with the gun loaded - and asks why it did't fire. The gun shop was in a residential neighborhood - it's a good thing the guy didn't know about the safety! The shop owner unloaded it and told him where to take classes. We watched through the door as the imbecile reloaded it and stuck in back in the holster he was wearing. It takes more training to do a load of laundry than the law requires for a firearm. This jerk had never fired a weapon in his life, had no clue about weapon safety or maintenance, but he had a concealed carry permit - and you don't think the laws are f'ed up?
thank you for that example of one of the woefully unprepared and untrustworthy persons who just bought weapons of destruction, with full applause from all sorts of people who think that is what the second amendment meant. where was the well-regulated militia this guy was a member of? doesn't anyone understand that a modifying prase is a modifying statement of intent.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#84190 Jul 30, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really ? I know plenty of people who are no where near mentally stable enough to be responsible with a gun ...and you are saying they should have one anyway ?
thanks to you for your comment also. I was amazed at some of the folks on here who jump to support the second amendment, as currently interpreted by the current frequently* rightwing judicial activist Supreme Court.(*not always, but remember that socalled Obamacare was so modified by special interests and Republicans - in order to obtain votes to break the filibuster - that it conveys many benefits upon corporate America.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#84191 Jul 30, 2012
jfresh wrote:
THE WORLD IS FLAT THE WORLD IS
FLAT! WE ARE THE CENTER IF THE UNIVERSE! Don't blaspheme!!!!
what do you mean, we? a good solipsist knows better.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#84192 Jul 30, 2012
bakadetecter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. if that were the case would't you need to prove that god exists. Oh thats right it would have been proven fake just like the mt. blanco giant,the shroud of turin and all the other fony evidence that comes from the iddle east. Science is real never fall for their with hunts!
Fiet!
my keyboard is giving me problems lately too. so wave offthe spelling police. have you ever seen anyone give any real attempt at proving that god exists, or that god does not exist, for that matter? it is easier to keep claiming one knows (either way) than to make a feeble attempt to prove it and fail miserably. I think the point is which is it sensible to believe - and I do not think it is very intelligent, wise, or ethical, to believe in or worship any of the frequently proposed gods.
rollback

Cleveland, OH

#84193 Jul 30, 2012
This is what happens when u have a Muslim. In the white house
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#84194 Jul 30, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Something reminded that YaA is a FOXite and hates Obama.
My wife was telling me that her cousin, and elderly and mild woman, had a scare yesterday. A van was tailgating her and driving erratically. She could see that the driver was screaming at his windshield and flipping her off. She was frightened and pulled off to the left into a busy parking lot. The van stopped in the road and the man leaned out, calling her a "liberal whore" and an "Obama loving bitch" then squealed his tires as he drove off. Yes, she does have an Obama sticker on her car.
it is ridiculous to equate the disdain that liberals had for Cheney and Bush, with the virulent hatred that rightwing extremists have for Obama, and had for Kennedys, Clintons, Roosevelts (including Teddy!), and Al Gore. Vast numbers of Republicans are deniers of global warming because Gore warns about it, and these Republicans have to be hateful toward not only the person, but whatever policy view the person has - no wonder, they stole the 2000 election, and have to feel justified in having done so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prestonsburg Football 9 hr Hahaha 272
trouble makers from buffalo !! 12 hr Get yah one 2
Norsa Jarrel 14 hr Weedeater 7
Betsy Layne Lover Man !!!! 16 hr Living dead boy 13
Stanley Ray Jervis 16 hr Rex 3
Stanley Jervis 16 hr Honey bee 7
~+~ Last Post Wins ~+~ (Oct '11) 19 hr Alex Nicole 3,366

Prestonsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance