Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 138113 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#81970 Jul 4, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that this has been posted 2 or 3 times so maybe I'm replying to a person who isn't interested in having a discussion? I don't know.
But anyway, this conception of god and free will is, in my view, problematic as hell. In fact all free arguments are problematic, especially when used to justify belief in god.
If god created the universe for the sole purpose of ensuring that human beings could freely choose to love him then imagine for a moment how selfish and mean such a god would have to be. We struggle here on Earth every day with disease, violence, heartbreak, terror, and the impending threat of death. God is absolutely SILENT about it. We have a book that some people is the word of god, but god never shows up to tell us one way or the other. We are absolutely blind and left to our own devices. Why? So our choices will not be biased? So god can have a companion that isn't coerced?
Yet coercion is exactly what is going on. When I got saved as a young teen it was because the church I went to scared the crap out of me with talk of hellfire. I freely chose to get saved because I didn't want to be tortured. How is that free will?
No, I reject your hypothesis about reality. If a god exists as described in your post then that god is a selfish, mean, evil being and I have no desire to pay such a being any respect at all.
The free will defense of a Biblical god is, in a word, a dumb argument.
I never get that far in contemplation on the subject... I stop at "That's just Silly" .....

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#81971 Jul 4, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I never get that far in contemplation on the subject... I stop at "That's just Silly" .....
I'm masochistically interested in it. I enjoy the philosophical side of the debate more than I should...

London, KY

#81972 Jul 4, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm masochistically interested in it. I enjoy the philosophical side of the debate more than I should...
Every boy needs a hobby.....
Believer

Jamestown, KY

#81973 Jul 4, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You might wonder Why it's everywhere.... I'll tell you...
God is real!
God's word will stand when even you breathe your last!
Amen. They laugh at God and the Bible.

London, KY

#81974 Jul 4, 2012
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
No we don't... We laugh at the Believers of that Silly make believe crap... Big Difference...

“Tesla”

Since: Jul 11

Los Altos Hills, CA

#81975 Jul 4, 2012
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I do that? I love books. Especially ones on myths. Greek mythologies are a joy to read, though not as gory as the bible.
Believer

Jamestown, KY

#81976 Jul 4, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No we don't... We laugh at the Believers of that Silly make believe crap... Big Difference...
And they still laugh at God.
Believer

Jamestown, KY

#81977 Jul 4, 2012
Dr Moonshine wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I do that? I love books. Especially ones on myths. Greek mythologies are a joy to read, though not as gory as the bible.

London, KY

#81978 Jul 4, 2012
Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't... I never laugh at make believe figures, I laugh at the people that believe make believe figures are real.... I don't laugh at Santa Clause or the Ester Bunny, I don't laugh at Thor or The Green Lantern.... I Laugh at people that think they are Real.... I don't laugh a Captain Pacard or Mr. Spock ... I chuckle my A$$ off at the people wearing little Star Trek Uniforms learning to speak Klingon...
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#81979 Jul 4, 2012
The place for religion is not in the classroom neither should a place for teaching the religion of EVOLUTION be in the classroom.
Why can I label evolution as a religion is because it takes more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe in a creator! Religion should be taught at home or your place of worship not the public school classroom
ThisIsStupid

Salyersville, KY

#81980 Jul 4, 2012
The truth sets you free wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree the place for religion is not in the classroom neither should a place for teaching the religion of evolution be in the classroom.
Why can I label evolution as a religion is because it takes more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe in a creator!
Evolution is fact. The theory of evolution doesn't involve apes becoming humans, if you took a AP Biology class in school, you could learn this. Evolution basically teachs how good genes are passed on to the next generation while bad genes die out, it's natural selection. Please don't get Evolution confused with 'Origins', I believe that's the name of the group teaching about apes becoming humans.
ThisIsStupid

Salyersville, KY

#81981 Jul 4, 2012
Known fact wrote:
The place for religion is not in the classroom neither should a place for teaching the religion of EVOLUTION be in the classroom.
Why can I label evolution as a religion is because it takes more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe in a creator! Religion should be taught at home or your place of worship not the public school classroom
Please excuse me, but you call Evolution a 'religion', this is false. Religion is the practice and/or worshiping of a god or gods...
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#81982 Jul 4, 2012
ThisIsStupid wrote:
Evolution is fact. The theory ofevolution doesn't involve apes becoming humans, if you took a AP Biology class in school, you could learn this.Evolution basically teachs how good genes are passed on to the next generation while bad genes die out, it's natural selection. Please don't getEvolution confused with 'Origins', I believe that's the name of the group teaching about apes becoming humans.
First EVOLUTION is NOT a proven fact! It is supposed to have happened gradually over millions of years. Since no one was there to see it happen it is exactly what you correctly said,“a theory” which means a wild guess. In other words your guess is as good as mine and if not based on proven facts that is all it can be, a wild guess.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#81983 Jul 4, 2012
First EVOLUTION is NOT a proven fact! It is supposed to have happened gradually over millions of years. Since no one was there to see it happen it is exactly what you correctly said,“a theory” which means a wild guess. In other words your guessis as good as mine and if not based on proven facts that is all it can be,a wild guess.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#81984 Jul 4, 2012
I apologize for the lack of spaces so words run together. IT IS NOT MY FAULT. It is the post monitor who is doing it for whatever reason I don't know. I have filed a complant but have seen no correction.
botly

Brisbane, Australia

#81985 Jul 4, 2012
mmmmm. you guys tere is no god . theres nothing. when tou die thers nothing. there is no god .why i know /I HAVE DIED BEFORE/ 10 min they brougt me back . so get over it
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#81986 Jul 4, 2012
botly wrote:
mmmmm. you guys tere is no god . theres nothing. when tou die thers nothing. there is no god .why i know /I HAVE DIED BEFORE/ 10 min they brougt me back . so get over it
Have you not read the Bible when it answers the queation what happens at death? Ecclesiastes 9:5  For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.
The dead are conwcious of nothing that is why there is going to be a resurrection.
So what is there to get over?
Satanic Priest

Lehigh Acres, FL

#81987 Jul 4, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"why aren't they still evolving today"...
Because they never did in the first place!
Just as that keyboard had a designer... we do too!
Thank you Lord!
Amen!
First, what does a keyboard have to do with a human? Your twisting things around shows that you know your words are false. Second, humans (and all other living creatures) are evolving. We are taller then people 200 years ago, live longer, plants evolve, animals evolve disease change and evolve. Come on, stop lying to yourself

And every cult says the same thing about being the only way, your right every one is wrong, you are the same as the moonies, harikrishna, charles manson, jim jones, etc....(Science has been PROVEN)
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#81988 Jul 4, 2012
ThisIsStupid wrote:
<quoted text> Evolution is fact. The theory of evolution doesn't involve apes becoming humans, if you took a AP Biology class in school, you could learn this. Evolution basically teachs how good genes are passed on to the next generation while bad genes die out, it's natural selection. Please don't get Evolution confused with 'Origins', I believe that's the name of the group teaching about apes becoming humans.
The next time you have the chance to talk to one of Jehovah's Witnesses ask them for the book "LIFE HOW DID IT GET HERE? By evolution or by creation? It is a well researched publication that considers an enormous amount of sources to compile the information. It considers what evolutionists say and compare it with what the Bible says and allows the reader to draw their own conclusion.
Known fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#81989 Jul 4, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
First, what does a keyboardhave to do with a human?Your twisting things around shows thatyou knowyour words are false. Second, humans (and all other living creatures) are evolving. We are tallerthen people 200 years ago, live longer, plants evolve, animals evolve disease change and evolve. Come on, stop lying toyourself And every cult saysthe same thing about beingthe only way,your right every one is wrong,you arethe same asthe moonies, harikrishna, charles manson, jim jones, etc....(Science has been PROVEN)
Science has been proven... but evolution has NOT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How did Stevie blackburn die? Or is he even dead? 4 hr Alicia 7
The Mays 5 hr Love 10
Uh Oh What ABOUT MY Social Security & SSI Bene... 6 hr Not your fault 5
News Job Corps is worth a second look (Mar '09) 7 hr pervert 591
Farris Lawson Jr. And the other woman 8 hr Mike 20
Jerry Fannin's Debt to Prestonsburg 9 hr His Neighbor 1
Floyd Fiscal Court 10 hr Lidless 35
More from around the web

Prestonsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE