Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 159659 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#81817 Jul 1, 2012
Amercian wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your response, but you did state that species old and new have some of the same similarities, this would mean there's no way of testing evolution to be facts because the similarities of different species would be there to begin with.
I have another question: Over the millions of years who did we inherit talking from.
This thing of trying to prove or disprove Evolution, is it really worth it. To scientists the universe can do anything, to People of faith God can do anything. What does it really matter, we all came from the dust of the Earth and to the dust we shall return. Eternal Life is what Christ promised if we keep his commandments which are based on LOVE one for another. None of us can go back and see how God did it or science did it, if you are a nonbeliever. And even if we could that answer still might not save you from Death.

1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and (((understand all mysteries))), and (((all knowledge))); and though I have ALL FAITH, so that I could remove mountains, and have not LOVE, I am NOTHING.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for GOD IS LOVE.
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
19 We love him, because he first loved us.

1 Corinthians 2:7,8 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even THE HIDDEN WISDOM, which God ordained BEFORE THE WORLD unto our glory:
8 Which NONE OF THE PRINCES OF THIS WORLD KNEW: for (((had they known it))), THEY WOULD NOT HAVE CRUCIFIED the Lord of Glory.

Revelation 1:18 I AM he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen

John 11:25 I AM the RESURRECTION, and the LIFE: he that BELIEVETH in me, THOUGH HE WERE DEAD, yet shall he LIVE:
26 And whosoever LIVETH AND BELIEVETH in me shall NEVER DIE. Believest thou this?

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#81818 Jul 1, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Good link, thanks.
I think the whole set of lectures are excellent, Some I have disagreements with but still filed with good sourced evidence and exceptional speakers...
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81819 Jul 1, 2012
Amercian wrote:
<quoted text>
God only took Adams rib to make eve, not no one else's.
There is no facts that there wasn't a serpent that walked and talked.
We as humans can talk and some birds can, so why would you rule out the possible if you believe in science.
Here's a fact that Aheists don't like...
The First rib in the human body is the ONLY bone that will
grow back if removed!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#81820 Jul 1, 2012
Amercian wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right it takes hard work and much pondering to built and event things but I don't see this means that God is not real.
You said technology don't fall out of the sky but why is it that man is getting smarter and why couldn't man have invented these things since the beginning. In the book of daniel it says man will gain increasingly knowledge toward end days. I could only image what mankind could accomplish in a thousand years.
Questions: why did these Apes stop evolving into humans or why aren't they still evolving today, and why didn't this extinct them in the process.
"why aren't they still evolving today"...
Because they never did in the first place!
Just as that keyboard had a designer... we do too!
Thank you Lord!
Amen!

#81821 Jul 1, 2012
Amercian wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your response, but you did state that species old and new have some of the same similarities, this would mean there's no way of testing evolution to be facts because the similarities of different species would be there to begin with.
I have another question: Over the millions of years who did we inherit talking from.
Yes some species do carry forward aspects of other past species.. Again two concepts... Evolution is testable and verifiable.. We see it when we act as a environmental stressor in breeding of variations... Cats, Dogs, Horses, Cattle ect. change body form and function due to us acting as a such. It can bee seen, and validated in lower life forms such as bacteria where the life cycle is so quick that the evolutionary process is easy to track...

Evolution of Species is a longer process, So long that you will never see a Absolute verifiable, testable process but Evidence abounds in the fossil record...

Now as for Proof or Proven thats not a function of Science but is a Individual Construct... If I gave you 1000 pieces of evidence you can touch, test and verify might still Not be enough for you to consider Proven... On the other hand I might provide 1 simple piece of evidence to another person and they will consider the claim Proven.. Science does not Prove anything and in fact the only time the term has Meaning in science is as a Mathematical Proof...

As for where we inherited Speech I would say the same place Dolphins, Whales, Dogs, Cats and most other species inherited it from... As most if not all mammals have speech... Some many times more expressive and detailed than humans... In Humans we may spend hours talking to another to get to know who they are and what they are about while a Deer may spend 1 moment and know more of another deer than we had learned in all that time... It's Human Ego that allows us to think ourselves Superior, but it's us that spend years trying to figure out what Dolphins are talking about with all their clicks, whistles and squawks while those same dolphins learn dozens of our words and meaning in days to weeks of training at Sea World.... Whales have conversations over distances of 100's to 1000's of miles with ultra low freq conversations telling others where the fishings good and where the best sushi bar is... We require technology to accomplish the same... While humans continue to complicate their lives, break their backs working, shopping a Wally World... Most animals enjoy life and play their days away... And some train humans to bring them their dinner, take them to the doctor, give them baths and buy them pretty collars while they relax the day away....

#81822 Jul 1, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a fact that Aheists don't like...
grow back if removed!
Horsey Puckey Doo Doo... You been lied to again and believed it... That is Absolutely Un-True....
juggalo

United States

#81823 Jul 1, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It might just be that 'we' have no point of refference to understand what the other is trying to say?
God is real, and wants people to want Him... simple!
Of course... I am trying to explain something to a character from an ICP song...
BTW the WORST HATEFUL music satan ever created!
Go figure!
Not that I'm for religion ...but you might be happy to know that juggaloism is now being recognized as a true religion ..whoop whoop ..I use the name juggalo because it pretty much fits with my views although I don't agree with following a cult ..funny thing is if religion is taught in school a lot of other posters have pointed out that all religions would have to be taught ..even juggaloism ...now wouldn't that be funny

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#81824 Jul 1, 2012
"The First rib", lol, all ribs will grow back, the body uses that trick to protect the vital organs, grows back in about 3 months, no god required.
trusted

Leitchfield, KY

#81825 Jul 1, 2012
you should all watch insp , it is a great show tonight, very well to this topix

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#81826 Jul 1, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
"The First rib", lol, all ribs will grow back, the body uses that trick to protect the vital organs, grows back in about 3 months, no god required.
Not true the way I stated it, if you remove a rib, it is gone forever, but you can cut parts out and they will grow back.
Amercian

Richmond, KY

#81827 Jul 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Yes some species do carry forward aspects of other past species.. Again two concepts... Evolution is testable and verifiable.. We see it when we act as a environmental stressor in breeding of variations... Cats, Dogs, Horses, Cattle ect. change body form and function due to us acting as a such. It can bee seen, and validated in lower life forms such as bacteria where the life cycle is so quick that the evolutionary process is easy to track...

Evolution of Species is a longer process, So long that you will never see a Absolute verifiable, testable process but Evidence abounds in the fossil record...

Now as for Proof or Proven thats not a function of Science but is a Individual Construct... If I gave you 1000 pieces of evidence you can touch, test and verify might still Not be enough for you to consider Proven... On the other hand I might provide 1 simple piece of evidence to another person and they will consider the claim Proven.. Science does not Prove anything and in fact the only time the term has Meaning in science is as a Mathematical Proof...

As for where we inherited Speech I would say the same place Dolphins, Whales, Dogs, Cats and most other species inherited it from... As most if not all mammals have speech... Some many times more expressive and detailed than humans... In Humans we may spend hours talking to another to get to know who they are and what they are about while a Deer may spend 1 moment and know more of another deer than we had learned in all that time... It's Human Ego that allows us to think ourselves Superior, but it's us that spend years trying to figure out what Dolphins are talking about with all their clicks, whistles and squawks while those same dolphins learn dozens of our words and meaning in days to weeks of training at Sea World.... Whales have conversations over distances of 100's to 1000's of miles with ultra low freq conversations telling others where the fishings good and where the best sushi bar is... We require technology to accomplish the same... While humans continue to complicate their lives, break their backs working, shopping a Wally World... Most animals enjoy life and play their days away... And some train humans to bring them their dinner, take them to the doctor, give them baths and buy them pretty collars while they relax the day away....
These animals might communicate but still do not talk like humans do, why is it we have inherited knowledge of different things and animals continue to do the same things,
I don't see any animals going down the road driving a truck or building a house.
They have had millions of years to go through the evolution process to. What would makes us so special that would be any different than any other animal.

#81828 Jul 1, 2012
Amercian wrote:
<quoted text>
These animals might communicate but still do not talk like humans do, why is it we have inherited knowledge of different things and animals continue to do the same things,
I don't see any animals going down the road driving a truck or building a house.
They have had millions of years to go through the evolution process to. What would makes us so special that would be any different than any other animal.
Yea and Humans don't talk like deer... Animals have inherited different things than Humans... Some much better that us... I see Animals building houses all the time...

It's Human Ego that makes you start from the view that Humans are doing things Better than other animals... Other Animals may very will think they are far more Evolved than Humans... We have evolved as we have evolved due to our environment over time, to fit what we wish and need to fit... Other Animals evolved to fit where they fit in the Environment...

Maybe the Eagle thinks Humans are a lower form of life because we are stuck on the ground unless we have to take all our time and effort to make a airplane, binoculars and special gear to do the things they take for granted... Like seeing 10X farther, flying across the country side at will and building the houses they need all the while living a simple and happy life...

So would you take the view that you are superior than say a tribe in New Guinea? There language is as different from your as the Dolphin is from Human... Drop you in one of the Tree Peoples villages and you would be dead in a week as they evolved over the millennia to live as they live.... Their immune systems, digestive systems, hearing, vision have all evolved for that environ.. You on the other hand would require a complete support system to survive..

There is not one Human Trait that is Special except to Humans.. It's Human Ego that tries to judge all other life by his rules.. Try judging Humans by the Rules of a Dolphin and we fail miserably...

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#81829 Jul 1, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a fact that Aheists don't like...
grow back if removed!
Here's a fact creationists don't like: any.
Amercian

Richmond, KY

#81830 Jul 1, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Yea and Humans don't talk like deer... Animals have inherited different things than Humans... Some much better that us... I see Animals building houses all the time...

It's Human Ego that makes you start from the view that Humans are doing things Better than other animals... Other Animals may very will think they are far more Evolved than Humans... We have evolved as we have evolved due to our environment over time, to fit what we wish and need to fit... Other Animals evolved to fit where they fit in the Environment...

Maybe the Eagle thinks Humans are a lower form of life because we are stuck on the ground unless we have to take all our time and effort to make a airplane, binoculars and special gear to do the things they take for granted... Like seeing 10X farther, flying across the country side at will and building the houses they need all the while living a simple and happy life...

So would you take the view that you are superior than say a tribe in New Guinea? There language is as different from your as the Dolphin is from Human... Drop you in one of the Tree Peoples villages and you would be dead in a week as they evolved over the millennia to live as they live.... Their immune systems, digestive systems, hearing, vision have all evolved for that environ.. You on the other hand would require a complete support system to survive..

There is not one Human Trait that is Special except to Humans.. It's Human Ego that tries to judge all other life by his rules.. Try judging Humans by the Rules of a Dolphin and we fail miserably...
I ask why can't animals do the things that humans do if they evolved the same time as we did.

I have deer that comes in my back yard and not one has spoken to me, and I can't find any houses they built neither, just places where they bed down.

You said that animals inherit different things than humans do.
How could they if you think we came from one. Especially when at one point in time we were all living in the same Environment.

“What happened to self reliance”

Since: Jul 11

Los Altos Hills, CA

#81831 Jul 1, 2012
Amercian wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask why can't animals do the things that humans do if they evolved the same time as we did.
I have deer that comes in my back yard and not one has spoken to me, and I can't find any houses they built neither, just places where they bed down.
How could they if you think we came from one. Especially when at one point in time we were all living in the same Environment.
Did you speak deer to it? We taught a gorilla how to use sign language, and she communicated fine. Have you seen beehives, ant hills, or beaver dams? They're quite amazing feats. Imagine if those creatures had arms and thumbs.
Amercian

Richmond, KY

#81832 Jul 1, 2012
Dr Moonshine wrote:
<quoted text>Did you speak deer to it? We taught a gorilla how to use sign language, and she communicated fine. Have you seen beehives, ant hills, or beaver dams? They're quite amazing feats. Imagine if those creatures had arms and thumbs.
I've seen dogs do all kinds of things, Even drink beer from a bottle and not spill it. This still doesn't compare them to what humans can do.

#81833 Jul 1, 2012
Amercian wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they have... Those deer talk to you all the time... They are standing there asking each other why that two legged slow a$$ critter doesn't speak to them...

As for why humans are as they are and Ants are as they are .. It's called Mutation... At some point Humans gained opposable thumbs and the ability to walk up right... Some proto human had a mutation that made them a bit better, just a bit... They had kids that had kids and that mutation was passed along... so that 4 Billions years after life first became a basic RNA combination we can hitch hike and Deer can thump the the ground and tell other deer 300 years away you are walking in the back yard again...

“What happened to self reliance”

Since: Jul 11

Los Altos Hills, CA

#81834 Jul 1, 2012
Amercian wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen dogs do all kinds of things, Even drink beer from a bottle and not spill it. This still doesn't compare them to what
humans can do.
Can you sniff out early stages of cancer with your nose better than any medical equipment currently available?

Do dogs have thumbs?

Can a paraplegic do a 5k marathon?

Can a blind person do open heart surgery?

Can a short person reach the upper shelf without something to stand on?
Amercian

Richmond, KY

#81835 Jul 2, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they have... Those deer talk to you all the time... They are standing there asking each other why that two legged slow a$$ critter doesn't speak to them...

As for why humans are as they are and Ants are as they are .. It's called Mutation... At some point Humans gained opposable thumbs and the ability to walk up right... Some proto human had a mutation that made them a bit better, just a bit... They had kids that had kids and that mutation was passed along... so that 4 Billions years after life first became a basic RNA combination we can hitch hike and Deer can thump the the ground and tell other deer 300 years away you are walking in the back yard again...
This makes me think of the Ninja Turtles movie.

#81836 Jul 2, 2012
Amercian wrote:
<quoted text>
This makes me think of the Ninja Turtles movie.
To truly understand those questions you ask you really have to start at the first cell division... Body Forms started then when the earth was a methane and CO2 based system with little to no oxygen, a moon so close that the tide rose and fell 100 foot during a 18 hour day... Where the environments were a small space...

It moves through billions of years so simple answers given in a few limited lines cannot detail well... But by the time the Dinos got popped by a big rock the insects, reptiles and birds had evolved their 1000's of variations and Mammals were a few variations of small critters....

Given a few hours sitting across from you I could step you through the assorted variations and concepts, show you assorted fossil photos, and explain in a bit more detail but reality is that if You really want to know the State of the Art of evolutionary biology you really should take a few courses in the field... But you should also take a few in Geology, Anthropology, genetics to name a few as you see we have Massive amounts of Evidence that can take years of study and yet there would still be questions...

Sometimes people that have not spent the time studying rather get a simple answer ... so... Evolutions Works, Magic Doesn't....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Derossett step down at PHS? 33 min Dutah Rhodes 22
Attention Parents 1 hr yep 7
News Job Corps is worth a second look (Mar '09) 2 hr Parent 612
Amanda Lewis & Kyle Greer 3 hr anom 1
Cal ripken 6 hr Local 2
Gearheart to resign as girls basketball coach a... (Jun '15) 7 hr Barb 161
Baseball time 16 hr playball 8

Prestonsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance