Story About Sher Martin
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Shocked

Salyersville, KY

#1 Aug 5, 2012
The big story in Friday's FC Times was all across the front page about Sheridan Martin trying to get his law license back. Lawyer Ned Pillersdort had some awful bad things to say about Sheridan. I, and others maybe, wonder why Ned said all those bad things. Could it be because Sheridan works at Bobby Rowe's and because Sheridan and Bobby are for Judge Scott in the race against Ned's wife, Judge Janet Stumbo? I don't know who Sheridan is for in that race, I was just wondering. It seemed to be a shocking story.
Also Shocked

Hagerhill, KY

#3 Aug 5, 2012
I just read that story. It truly is shocking, the mean things Ned Pillersdorf said about Sheridan Martin. Your question is good: IS NED SAYING THOSE AWFUL THINGS BECAUSE SHERIDAN IS FOR JANET'S OPPONENT FOR JUDGE?
so true

Pikeville, KY

#4 Aug 6, 2012
Also Shocked wrote:
I just read that story. It truly is shocking, the mean things Ned Pillersdorf said about Sheridan Martin. Your question is good: IS NED SAYING THOSE AWFUL THINGS BECAUSE SHERIDAN IS FOR JANET'S OPPONENT FOR JUDGE?
yep! politics..professional back stabbers. Politicians will [email protected] over their own mother to get what they want. SAD BUT TRUE.
SHOCKED

Salyersville, KY

#5 Aug 6, 2012
I agree with the poster from pikeville. this is sad.
Money man

Springfield, NJ

#6 Aug 6, 2012
Why are all you people always bashing Ned ??? If Martin can't practice law then he did some wrong stuff,, why would you support him?
Obvious

Chesterfield, MO

#7 Aug 6, 2012
It is obvious that Sheridan is writing the above entries. His past speaks for itself. Going to church two times a week does not make you a Christian. His past behavior has nothing to do with Janet or Ned.
So True

Pikeville, KY

#8 Aug 7, 2012
Obvious wrote:
It is obvious that Sheridan is writing the above entries. His past speaks for itself. Going to church two times a week does not make you a Christian. His past behavior has nothing to do with Janet or Ned.
First of all...this is not Sheridan. I have lived in prestonsburg all of my life and this crap happends every where and not just Floyd county and I agree going to church does not make you a christian but The statement I made about politicians is true, if you don't agree then you must be one
Strange

Logan, WV

#9 Aug 7, 2012
Money man wrote:
Why are all you people always bashing Ned ??? If Martin can't practice law then he did some wrong stuff,, why would you support him?
I didn't read the story in the Times. I am sure Martin did wrong and is being punished for his wrong doings. I don't even know what Ned said in the story. But, I do know Ned knew any unkind comments he made about Martin would be in the paper. Who appointed Ned the chairman of the "ethic committee" concerning wrong doings with local members of the Bar? I am not sure that Martin's reputation is any worse than Ned has in many precincts of society. I always thought the Supreme Court of Kentucky discplines members of the Bar in Kentucky, and only they can determine if a member can practice law again.
right as rain

Chapmanville, WV

#10 Aug 7, 2012
Strange wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't read the story in the Times. I am sure Martin did wrong and is being punished for his wrong doings. I don't even know what Ned said in the story. But, I do know Ned knew any unkind comments he made about Martin would be in the paper. Who appointed Ned the chairman of the "ethic committee" concerning wrong doings with local members of the Bar? I am not sure that Martin's reputation is any worse than Ned has in many precincts of society. I always thought the Supreme Court of Kentucky discplines members of the Bar in Kentucky, and only they can determine if a member can practice law again.
Your right as rain. Ned filed a bar complaint himself years ago against Martin, claiming he stole a car wreck case from him. So it is a grunge about money. Anybody believe Ned cares about ethics or offenses against women? He has represented every rapist, child sex offender, murderer, drug dealer, thief, crooked politician, and pervert that ever walked through the door of his office with enough cash. If Martin had paid him to be his lawyer he would have been in the paper talking about how wrong Martin had been treated.
did not know that

Logan, WV

#11 Aug 7, 2012
right as rain wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right as rain. Ned filed a bar complaint himself years ago against Martin, claiming he stole a car wreck case from him. So it is a grunge about money. Anybody believe Ned cares about ethics or offenses against women? He has represented every rapist, child sex offender, murderer, drug dealer, thief, crooked politician, and pervert that ever walked through the door of his office with enough cash. If Martin had paid him to be his lawyer he would have been in the paper talking about how wrong Martin had been treated.
Gee,Gee, my goodness, I didn't know all this. I thought I knew Ned pretty well. I would never have thought that of Ned, I like Ned, he has mercy on dogs and cats and that is good.
Is it True

Chapmanville, WV

#12 Aug 7, 2012
did not know that wrote:
<quoted text>Gee,Gee, my goodness, I didn't know all this. I thought I knew Ned pretty well. I would never have thought that of Ned, I like Ned, he has mercy on dogs and cats and that is good.
I heard that the dog is so embarrassed from being made to appear in all those ads next to Ned, it tried to get a warrant for "animal cruelty" but Blue refused to write it.
grandfather

Chapmanville, WV

#13 Aug 7, 2012
I believe in God. Ned Pillersdorf don't and every christian better know it. He makes fun of us and will take ever right we got if he and Janet can.
YES

Logan, WV

#14 Aug 7, 2012
grandfather wrote:
I believe in God. Ned Pillersdorf don't and every christian better know it. He makes fun of us and will take ever right we got if he and Janet can.
I hope to die before daylight if a well respected attorney that has nothing against Ned did not say: "did you know Ned doesn't even believe in God". That is his business and none of us have to answer for Ned. It's still so sad that anyone can't look up at the heavens and by faith see the creator.
Hard Worker

Salyersville, KY

#15 Aug 8, 2012
Amen.
Anyone

Logan, WV

#16 Aug 9, 2012
Also Shocked wrote:
Any one know what was the outcome of the Maze case? In early 2000's Ned represented (among hundrerds of others) County Attorny Champ Maze who was charged according to the Kentucky Law Review with attempting to buy votes and obstruction of Justice. Just never heard how Ned did in that case?
News To Me

Salyersville, KY

#17 Aug 11, 2012
Who is Champ Maze?
Maze

Logan, WV

#18 Aug 12, 2012
News To Me wrote:
Who is Champ Maze?
Former Bath County Attorney and he had law license revoked. What happened in that case Ned?
lol

Chapmanville, WV

#19 Aug 12, 2012
Maze wrote:
<quoted text>Former Bath County Attorney and he had law license revoked. What happened in that case Ned?
WELL WELL WELL, NED'S HYPOCRISY KNOWS NO LIMITS. HE PRESENTED THIS LAWYER WHO GOT 21 MONTHS FOR VOTE BUYING. OF COURSE LOST THE CASE BUT THEN GAVE A LAME EXPLANATION WHY IT WAS NO BIG DEAL FOR THIS FELONY. SHER MARTIN WAS CONVICTED OF A MISDEMEANOR, BUT NED WANTS HIM DESTROYED FOREVER. THE MORAL OF THIS STORY IS FOR MONEY NED WILL DEFEND ANYONE'S ACTIONS AND FOR GREED AND SPITE WILL SEEK TO DESTROY ANYONE ELSE WHO MAY HAVE TAKEN ONE OF HIS CAR WRECK CASES.

From the Lexington Herald-Leader:

Maze was indicted in October on charges that he bought votes, tried to persuade two potential witnesses not to testify against him and lied to the grand jury about his involvement in the vote-buying scheme.

He abruptly pleaded guilty to vote-buying and the perjury charges in the middle of his February trial after federal prosecutors discovered that Maze and others had tried to contact a member of his jury. As part of his plea agreement, federal prosecutors agreed not to prosecute Maze on jury-tampering charges.

Ned Pillersdorf, Maze’s attorney, told U.S. District Judge Joseph Hood that his client never set out to break the law. Maze witnessed widespread vote-buying at the Bath County courthouse in the weeks leading up to the primary. Maze, who was in a hotly contested race for county attorney, reacted poorly, Pillersdorf said. "REACTED POORLY"? LMAO!

Maze won the election but resigned after pleading guilty.
GETTING DEEPER

Chapmanville, WV

#20 Aug 12, 2012
WELL NED, LOOKS LIKE A WITNESS GOT MURDERED AND HE KNEW SOME BAD THINGS ON YOUR CLIENT. THIS IS ONE ATTORNEY YOU HAVE NOT WORRIED ABOUT GETTING HIS LICENSE BACK. BAD COMPANY TO KEEP NED, BUT AGAIN, THEY GAVE YOU LOT'S OF CASH.

By Kirby Haskins
Advocate staff writer
A Jeffersonville businessman found dead in his home Tuesday morning was shot, authorities say.
An autopsy performed at the State Medical Examiner’s Office in Frankfort Wednesday revealed that 58-year-old Carl Bartley died as a result of a single gunshot wound to the back of the head, according to a press release from the Kentucky State Police.

Montgomery County Coroner Wally Johnson pronounced Bartley dead at the scene at 12:55 p.m. It appears Bartley was killed sometime on Monday, Johnson told the Advocate Thursday.
Johnson said it was unclear at this point what type of gun was used to kill Bartley.
According to Montgomery County court records, Bartley had some legal troubles in the last year.
Bartley was charged with second-degree forgery in March 2006 for reportedly signing another person’s name on a title in 2005. A two-year diversion was entered in the case on May 1.
Bartley was also charged with two counts of first-degree complicity to trafficking in a controlled substance/cocaine in Oct. 2006, according to court records.

Bartley also has ties to the recent vote-buying scandal in Bath County.
According to officials at the office of U.S Attorney Ken Taylor, Bartley testified in the trial of Bath County resident Charles “Chuck” Hart, who faced jury tampering charges stemming from the federal vote-buying trial of former Bath County Attorney Donald “Champ” Maze.
Bartley testified that he was present during a conversation in which Maze, the late Bath County Property Valuation Administrator Paul Goodpaster and Hart reportedly discussed contacting jurors during a day Maze’s trial was postponed due to snow, U.S. Attorney’s Office Courtney Norris, public affairs officer for the U.S. Attorney’s Office, said. Bartley reportedly testified he warned all three men against it, Norris said.
According to information provided by Norris, Bartley also testified that when Maze discovered prosecutors were investigating possible jury tampering, Bartley was reportedly told to contact Maze’s secretaries and tell them to dispose of the jury list Maze had given them.
Bartley was never charged in the case.

TOUGH BUSINESS. WHY YOU SO CONCERNED WITH SHER MARTIN'S MISDEMEANOR?
Interested

Salyersville, KY

#21 Aug 13, 2012
Gee, I did not know about the Maze case. Getting verrrry interesting. If I had to guess, I would guess that the FC Times story will keep the Kentucky Bar Assn from giving a license to Sheridan Martin, meaning that Ned will be successful in what he did regarding Sheridan. I wonder why? A guess: Sheridan is supporting Scott for Supreme Court.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandon Gearheart Girls Basketball 2 min Sam 36
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min Rodney Slone 160,487
Do you still love Donald trump 2 hr me 27
Marty minix 3 hr Ridiculous 9
Josh Stepp gym 4 hr Parent 4
Skate Board Dude 8 hr Popcorn Ed 1
News Turner meets with Floyd County teachers - Tue Last free man Ame... 2

Prestonsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prestonsburg Mortgages