Prestonsburg Food City Store

Posted in the Prestonsburg Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
D L M

Harold, KY

#1 Jun 8, 2011
Just wondering if any of you guys are having trouble or getting crappy service out of the Prestonsburg Food City ? I've written a few complaints but They seems to be blind to what's happening . Shitty Food & service in the deli , No help in produce while they just sit around in the deli with their manger . Other woman cussing & calling people names , It seems crazy & I hate to drive to Paintsville & Pikeville every time I need a few things as high as gas is .
Grocer

Logan, WV

#2 Jun 8, 2011
Ahhhhh, Food City's Deli.......
You Just CAN'T Beat their Meat !

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3 Jun 8, 2011
So far all of my experiences with the Prestonsburg Food City has been great. I have not heard any name calling, etc, like you stated. Are you using the feed back form on their web site? If so, I would probably just call the store manager and complain direct. You probably will at least get better results. The store managers name should appear on your receipt.

“Spy vrs Spy”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4 Jun 8, 2011
D L M wrote:
Just wondering if any of you guys are having trouble or getting crappy service out of the Prestonsburg Food City ? I've written a few complaints but They seems to be blind to what's happening . Shitty Food & service in the deli , No help in produce while they just sit around in the deli with their manger . Other woman cussing & calling people names , It seems crazy & I hate to drive to Paintsville & Pikeville every time I need a few things as high as gas is .
High prices keep me away from food city.
customer

Winchester, KY

#5 Jun 8, 2011
D L M wrote:
yes I have experienced crappy service there as well, theres a cashier there who acts like shes afraid to touch the cash and to lazy to hold her hand out to get it..was there sunday evening and they were bagging groceries on trash bags because they had no bags until one of the workers finally found some brown paper bags in the stock room. not to mention all the loitering going on in the parking lot..i think they need to making some changes or alot of people will be shopping else where.
misb5

Winchester, KY

#6 Jun 8, 2011
If Tammie would get her butt out of the office and work in the store . You see the problem is not just the staff it is the store manager too .
PLEASE

Whitman, WV

#7 Jun 8, 2011
try getting ur facts straight b4 posting.just because u may not see someone doesnt mean theyre not working elsewhere,the store does have several dept's.as far as trash bags...please...there are no such bags to even do such a thing with...i think the people of this town has way too much time---get out& get a real job!!!at least some are trying to work&not have a check handed to them-paid by those who do...
misb5

Winchester, KY

#8 Jun 8, 2011
we do not draw check and Tammie dose not ccome out of her office , as a matter of a fact she spend little time at the store anymore .
yea right

Whitman, WV

#9 Jun 8, 2011
so i guess ur a stalker that know's everyone's schedule??get a life!!!
gardner

Winchester, KY

#10 Jun 8, 2011
misb5 wrote:
we do not draw check and Tammie dose not ccome out of her office , as a matter of a fact she spend little time at the store anymore .
Misb5 you are a very bitter person.You have got to be the most miserable person ever, Every time i read your comments they are all the same.Full of hate and misery.
get it right

Whitman, WV

#11 Jun 8, 2011
if you're gonna post something about someone that u supposedly know so much about---try getting the name right...it"s Tammy...not tammie...try looking at a receipt it's on there...duh!!!
misb5

Winchester, KY

#12 Jun 9, 2011
I am not the bitter person . Food City has gone down hill bad you have to be careful in the deli the cakes are expired , as are a lot of things in the meat case expired you have to be careful the hot dogs and sauce is nearly always expired . In the floral dept. you cant get any thing went to order flowers for a funeral they did not have any . No large tropical plants either . If she came out of the office this would not happen , And half of the town would not have to go to Paintsville or Pikeville to grocery shop . And It appears you three are some the ones that stand around and pick your nose up front instead of doing your job . A lot of that goes on up front . You dont have to be a stalker to know She is never out in the store doing her job . I very rarley go in to the food city in prestonsburg because there is no service service .
gardner

Winchester, KY

#13 Jun 9, 2011
misb5 wrote:
I am not the bitter person . Food City has gone down hill bad you have to be careful in the deli the cakes are expired , as are a lot of things in the meat case expired you have to be careful the hot dogs and sauce is nearly always expired . In the floral dept. you cant get any thing went to order flowers for a funeral they did not have any . No large tropical plants either . If she came out of the office this would not happen , And half of the town would not have to go to Paintsville or Pikeville to grocery shop . And It appears you three are some the ones that stand around and pick your nose up front instead of doing your job . A lot of that goes on up front . You dont have to be a stalker to know She is never out in the store doing her job . I very rarley go in to the food city in prestonsburg because there is no service service .
\]Then don't go there. You must like it i just saw you in there.
EX- EMPLOYEE

Meadville, PA

#14 Jun 9, 2011
This has no Management, the employee's what they want customers lined up down the aisle waiting to get checked out it is poor management. I worked for food city for 9 years back in the 80's and early 90's and u did not let customers stand in line without every person in the store on a register and bagging now u have them walking around and no type of supervision working the line to get that fast friendly service that food city built there rep. on NO RESPECT FOR THE CUSTOMER ANYMORE!!!
misb5

Winchester, KY

#15 Jun 9, 2011
gardner wrote:
<quoted text>
\]Then don't go there. You must like it i just saw you in there.
You did not see me in there !!
misb5

Winchester, KY

#16 Jun 9, 2011
EX- EMPLOYEE wrote:
This has no Management, the employee's what they want customers lined up down the aisle waiting to get checked out it is poor management. I worked for food city for 9 years back in the 80's and early 90's and u did not let customers stand in line without every person in the store on a register and bagging now u have them walking around and no type of supervision working the line to get that fast friendly service that food city built there rep. on NO RESPECT FOR THE CUSTOMER ANYMORE!!!
I agree
my2cents

Jackson, KY

#17 Jun 9, 2011
The store is okay, a bit overpriced though. And the deli cakes are awful. DO NOT ask for a cake kit, they'll just ruin your cake by pushing them too far down into it.
countrywoman

Virgie, KY

#19 Jun 9, 2011
I have complained and complained to Tammy personally many times about various things and she always takes up for the employees and makes excuses for everything from rude people at the checkout who stand there with your food in their hand talking to the bagger to wearing filthy clothes in the deli and putting the meat against their shirt while peeling the paper off the end before slicing it, leaving out part of my groceries I have paid for, the list goes on and on, but what is the use, NOTHING ever changes. We either drive to Paintsville or Pikeville or shut up and put up with it.
animal

Prestonsburg, KY

#20 Jun 9, 2011
If you want to do something try looking at your receipt. Check the price. I have gone back on Food City atleast twice a month on products not priced right. Sometimes my refund is in excess of l0.00 each and every time. I only go there when I have to or cant find what I need elsewhere, or for sale items only. But please check your receipt.
food

Williamson, WV

#21 Jun 9, 2011
It really upsets me when they leave food out of the buggy after I pay for it. Even if they replace it,I have a 20 mile drive. They act like it is your fault and they are doing you a favor replacing it. The other 2 grocery stores in town are even worse. What"s a person to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Warren Jarrell will run for Magistrate in Distr... 28 min Smokey12583 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 141,399
Jerry Fannin's Debt to Prestonsburg 8 hr floydcotimer 21
Poll What is John Hunt doing, since he was elected? 8 hr Harold 20
eklc 13 hr Greg 4
Who will run against Big John Goble 2018 15 hr James 2
prestonsburg & floyd fiscal court 15 hr Insider 6
More from around the web

Prestonsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Prestonsburg Mortgages