'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
38,321 - 38,340 of 146,193 Comments Last updated 23 min ago
WakeUp

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

culture vulture wrote:
<quoted text>Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ronald Reagan raise taxes 11 times? And the national deficit went up triple and-a-half under his guidance. So..........
Reagan cut the overall income rates while ending "loop holes" that you liberals always say you're against. Effectively he lowered the tax rate for everyone while ensuring that everyone was paying something.
As for this "tax raises", things like the payroll tax was required to keep social security solvent,(think Governor Walker requiring unions to contribute 6% of their salaries to their pensions so that, ya know, there actually was money in the pensions for their retirement) he also raised gas taxes-which falls in line with, if you're the one using the roads you should be the ones paying for it.

A far cry from the class warfare of "tax the rich" and the "evil corporations". Which reminds me, no corporation has ever paid taxes in the history of the world. Governments use "corporate taxes" simply as a politically efficient means of having the companies collect taxes from the people.

As for Reagan's deficits. When he came into office, deficits as a % of GDP was a little over 3%. When he left office... it was a little over 3%.
Of course, he was able to bring unemployment way down, drastically reduce inflation (remember "stagflation"?), expand our military and economic influence that ended the Cold War with the economic and political implosion of Russia. His reduction of government red tape and regulations led to what, 8%+ gains of GDP growth as well as record breaking small business start ups?

What exactly have we gained under the record breaking deficits of Obama?

What his policies of lower taxes
Well

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Sam Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen brother (or sister, as may be the case).
I always pay my bills and I never mind paying taxes to pay our national bills, as long as our elected representatives are managing our money wisely. I even allow a lot of latitude as to what is considered wise, since opinions vary. I like my roads without potholes and I want to know America will not leave me out to dry if Iím ever hurting for medical treatment or homeless and starving if Iím ever unable to provide for myself. Just basic stuff really. Oh yeah, national defense and Iím sure a bunch of other things too.
However, Iím totally against misappropriation of our money. Here, Iím more rigid and donít allow much latitude defining misappropriation. Iím completely closed to the legitimacy of politicians pandering to private interests and channeling funds to them in return for favors.
I agree with you about the potholes. However, my belief is the federal government has no constitutional authority to provide healthcare, welfare, or food stamps. The States have more latitude in dealing with those issues.
WakeUp

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Sam Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. You donít like Obama and I canít change that. But why have such an edge?
Thereís a lot of corruption in the government, but I am not aware that Obama is directly responsible for any of it. Itís bigger than Obama.
I appreciate the way Obama has done his job and have no reason to believe Romney would do it as well. I have no problem believing that you probably disagree completely.
The point is that the president, whomever it might be, needs to be reasonably moderate and be prepared to apply a balance of Keynesian, Austrian School and other principles as necessary to manage the economy as time passes. He/She also needs to have a Congress willing to negotiate a balance of bipartisan principles to govern responsibly.
Like Obama? I don't like him, but I don't dislike him. It's simply a disagreement over the principles and policies he puts forth and those of his party (though plenty I disagree with when it comes to Republicans).

The "edge" as you call it is do to the needless pain, suffering and wasted sacrifice of the American people that comes from the government curtailing our freedoms for a false sense of security, the "nanny state" ideology that they know what's better for us than we do. The "edge" is that the policies put for by Obama and the Democrats are not going to succeed in effectively changing (and often make it worse) the issues that we're facing as a country. They never have.

Moderation is not the key to solving these problems. There is not always a middle ground, one side must prevail and one side must fall. There's no way we can continue on the path we're on. Paul Ryan's budget would be a start, yet we got tv ads of Ryan throwing grandma in a wheelchair off a cliff. Ya, bipartisanship and moderation. These past few years, even when Republicans had control of Congress and the Presidency under Bush, "bipartisanship" always meant Republicans caving into Democrats.

Would you mind pointing to one thing, just one thing that Obama has done that you feel is an example of the "good" things of his Presidency? Any of that going to do with economics?
LMS

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

My God, you should all run for President!!!! Such brains!!!!
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

How is it that Obama, wife and entourage can attend two fundraisers - one at Sarah Jessica Parker's house and one at the five star Plaza Hotel, and stick taxpayer's with the bill because he paid a short visit to the WTC?

So, he raises $4.5 million dollars and combines the trip with a visit to the WTC and we get charged for this fundraising event....as well as the whole bill for his entourage.

I don't care to hear how many other president's did the same thing, etc., etc! The whole thing is a joke on us and is wrong no matter who it is!

I'd sure like to know how many millions these "combined" fundraisers are costing us!
Sam Waters

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

WakeUp wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Obama? I don't like him, but I don't dislike him. It's simply a disagreement over the principles and policies he puts forth and those of his party (though plenty I disagree with when it comes to Republicans).
The "edge" as you call it is do to the needless pain, suffering and wasted sacrifice of the American people that comes from the government curtailing our freedoms for a false sense of security, the "nanny state" ideology that they know what's better for us than we do. The "edge" is that the policies put for by Obama and the Democrats are not going to succeed in effectively changing (and often make it worse) the issues that we're facing as a country. They never have.
Moderation is not the key to solving these problems. There is not always a middle ground, one side must prevail and one side must fall. There's no way we can continue on the path we're on. Paul Ryan's budget would be a start, yet we got tv ads of Ryan throwing grandma in a wheelchair off a cliff. Ya, bipartisanship and moderation. These past few years, even when Republicans had control of Congress and the Presidency under Bush, "bipartisanship" always meant Republicans caving into Democrats.
Would you mind pointing to one thing, just one thing that Obama has done that you feel is an example of the "good" things of his Presidency? Any of that going to do with economics?
Much better. Now that we know what youíre against, Iíd be interested in learning what you would advocate instead (other than simply repealing everything you are against).
Sam Waters

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

LMS wrote:
My God, you should all run for President!!!! Such brains!!!!
Having brains does not necessitate drastic action.
Sam Waters

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Jay wrote:
How is it that Obama, wife and entourage can attend two fundraisers - one at Sarah Jessica Parker's house and one at the five star Plaza Hotel, and stick taxpayer's with the bill because he paid a short visit to the WTC?
So, he raises $4.5 million dollars and combines the trip with a visit to the WTC and we get charged for this fundraising event....as well as the whole bill for his entourage.
I don't care to hear how many other president's did the same thing, etc., etc! The whole thing is a joke on us and is wrong no matter who it is!
I'd sure like to know how many millions these "combined" fundraisers are costing us!
Rough edge, but good question. Please investigate and report back with your findings. Fox News may be a good place to start the journey.
Hello

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Sam Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
Much better. Now that we know what youíre against, Iíd be interested in learning what you would advocate instead (other than simply repealing everything you are against).
What's the matter Sammy, Can't think of one good thing either,LOL!!!!
Hello

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Wait a min. He did get the secret service laid by a bunch of Columbian prostitutes, But that's it, No other good deeds I can think of...LOL!!!
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Sam Waters wrote:
<quoted text>
Rough edge, but good question. Please investigate and report back with your findings. Fox News may be a good place to start the journey.

Well, some people know it. Since it's new news, I suppose it will hit the airwaves yet......however, found this one. Rather interesting synopsis:

"WTH did that Obama go? Have you listened recently to this Chicago Doppelganger who's replaced him? This 2012 Obama is strident and mean, even deceitful, divisive, telling half-truths after half-truths. He's using Air Force One as his personal Brinks truck with wings to collect cash all over the country, disguising the trips as official."

Who is this guy pretending to be president?

http://news.investors.com/article/607479/2012...
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Here's another one you might like...well, some of you will anyway.
~~~~~~~~~~

"Is the taxpayer funding Obama's re-election campaign? Republican fury as President uses $180,000-an-HOUR Air Force One to fly to fundraisers."

President Barack Obama has already held more than twice as many re-election fundraising events than President George W. Bush did in his entire 2004 re-election campaign.

According to Mark Knoller of CBS News, unofficial keeper of presidential statistics, Obama has held 124 fundraisers - about one every three days - since he launched his re-election bid last April compared to the 57 Bush held to raise cash for his re-election bid eight years ago ->>>>>>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21357...
Whoee

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Getrting a little late to still be blaming Bush.
Raul wrote:
<quoted text>Bush took my change.
Hello

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Whoee wrote:
Getrting a little late to still be blaming Bush.
<quoted text>
What else they gonna blame it on(OBAMA)Not a chance...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Judged:

Whoee wrote:
<quoted text>Getrting a little late to still be blaming Bush.
Just wait until the harassment Deemings begins.
Rev Harlan Pritchett

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

RayOne wrote:
<quoted text>Just wait until the harassment Deemings begins.
You got that right. Turn or burn.
Jay

Paris, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

How can you be objective with stuff like this? How can you not see what has really happened and deny it happened?

This is a good read. Too much to copy and paste. But if you want to take the time, and it's not that long, this is a great eye opener - leaving little controversy..IMO.

10 Things That Would Be Happening Today If Obama's Policies Were Working

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/20...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Jay,
Thanks for the heads up. Fox News Sunday should look beyond the media echo room.
Syl

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Dakota Hudson wrote:
<quoted text>
Janís way too butch for my taste. She needs to hook up with another biker babe and chill and mainly leave my man Obama alone. Heís cool and believes in treating everyone fair. My man!
Dakota Hudson Dear....... He treats everyone more than fair, EXCEPT Americans. He just proved that. 800,000 my ass, more like,in the millions and not just kids, lots of 30 years olds.
Work permits for Them , for what jobs?
They under cut Americans for jobs , they work cheaper and don't have to pay taxes. They get their educations $10,000 or more {some free}less than American students. They get their educations and then go back home. They don't stay here and pay taxes.
Who's paying for all this, the working American of course. You and me, if you work and not on the draw.
Syl

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Judged:

Can some one answer this for me, to get a work permit ,don't you have to have a SS# and don't you have to be a legal citizen to have a SS#? Just wondering.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Prestonsburg Forum right now

Search the Prestonsburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Two Words (Nov '13) 1 hr whatimeisit 905
Lisa minix 1 hr Scar Lo 6
jerry fannin 2 hr Powwow 11
Add a word drop a word (Aug '11) 2 hr whatimeisit 3,544
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr oscar 16,116
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr jamie 128,588
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr terri 26,184
•••
•••
•••
•••

Prestonsburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Prestonsburg People Search