stinking shit

Anderson, SC

#21 Aug 14, 2009
SoupBean wrote:
Kelly is a fine barber.
Then barbering is all n he needs to do since all the city money is so hard for him to give up. I figure thats our money money we paid in.He needs to keep his hands out of it.Go to your Church get down on your knees and ask God what he wants you to do and i bet if you look at his word he will want you to be honest .
Just me

Ransom, KY

#22 Aug 14, 2009
stinking shit wrote:
<quoted text> Hell we need honest councilmen. Kick his ass off and let him work like the rest of us have to. I am damn tired of my hard earned tax money going into kelly moores deep pockets. Just as about 50 % of where the shriners money goes.....
I hate to bust your bubble "Stinking Shit" but Kelly Moore does not have access to the "Shriner's" money. They have a treasurer and his name is not Kelly Moore. Kelly does alot for the kids. You have no idea how much, unless you are a Shriner or the wife of a Shriner. I have know Kelly for years and he has never taken anything away from the kids. You need to get your facts straight about the Shriners. You better be able to back up the remark that you made about him using the money intended for the Shrine Kids. I can promise you this, your ip address is being traced, so you better have your proof.
And no I am not related to Kelly nor am I Kelly.
John

Clarksville, TN

#23 Aug 14, 2009
From what the newspaper is saying Kelly is going to have some hard times ahead..I hope he really didnt sell city property without permission..Hes in for it if he did..
neds fork too

Clarksville, TN

#24 Aug 14, 2009
Yes this is a fine example of slander on a city official!!Google topix slander lawsuits there are plenty!!There is a good chance this could be a case,but the post was copied from somewhere I will look back I believe it says were the info came from so if it was copied from somewhere else then that is who will need to be sued!!!You cannot get sued for commenting on something you read somewhere.
neds fork too

Clarksville, TN

#25 Aug 14, 2009
Heres the hard worker wrote:
Council probes member’s sale of city property
1 hr 43 mins ago | 19 views | 0 | 0 ||
U.S. Sen. Mitch McConnell spoke with Dennis Rohrer, of the Interstate National Gas Company, after a meeting of the East Kentucky Independent Oil and Gas Association at May Lodge on Wednesday.
slideshow PRESTONSBURG – Prestonsburg City Council member Kelly Moore came under fire Wednesday during a special-called council meeting after a deed transaction in which Moore sold property belonging to the city.
The deed transfer, filed Aug. 3, shows that Moore sold two tracts of land, one stated as belonging to him and another stated in the documents as belonging to the city. The total amount of the sale, according to the deed, was $32,000. The land was sold to Hylton Sales and Rental LLC, which has since sold the property to another individual. The property is located along Trimble Branch.
The transfer came to the attention of the council after the individual who bought the property from Hylton Sales visited the clerk’s office to check on the validity of the deed.
In response, council member Gorman Collins Jr., who owns and operates Q95 radio station in Prestonsburg, ran a news broadcast concerning the exchange Wednesday, and the council met later that evening.
The meeting, which was initially intended to be closed to the public and described as concerning litigation, was actually open for approximately an hour before the council then retired to closed session. No action was taken following that closed session, but the open meeting, according to visitors, resulted in some heated debate about the transfer.
During the Q95 broadcast, it was mentioned that one possibility could see Moore lose his seat on the council as a result of the sale. However, only discussion took place between the city leaders Wednesday, with fellow councilmember B.D. Nunnery, a lawyer by profession, sided with Collins in seeking a better understanding of what had happened and what should be done, if anything, about Moore’s actions.
Share This Article:
Delicious Digg Buzz up!reddit Facebook LinkedIn Twitter StumbleUpon Mixx it! Fark Newsvine
similar stories
Council agrees to let Fritzpatrick use property | 2 years ago
Council member questions city practices | 4 years ago
So off the wall and Zack read this.
See copy and paste here so just where did this info come from???That is the source that would have to be sued.Not the ones who read it and said what they thought of the info.so Here's the hard worker were did it come from???and what about q-95 radio station better luck getting the true source instead of the guy who copied and pasted the info that is not grounds for a suit!!!
forURinfo

Pikeville, KY

#26 Aug 14, 2009
John wrote:
From what the newspaper is saying Kelly is going to have some hard times ahead..I hope he really didnt sell city property without permission..Hes in for it if he did..
accidents happen...Kelly is a good man
John

Clarksville, TN

#27 Aug 14, 2009
Thats the front page news from the Floyd co times..Just google "Floyd co times" and you can read it there too...
forURinfo

Pikeville, KY

#28 Aug 14, 2009
Fed up with Crooks wrote:
Thank you Gorman and BD for watching this bunch of crooks and not letting them get by with anything. thank god we were smart enough to elect you two.
Well BD is an asset to the city and as for Gormie, well he needs to go...he uses that radio as an outlet for his lies and filth and he talks like he has a penus in his mouth
neds fork too

Clarksville, TN

#29 Aug 14, 2009
ohhh i see so why and how can he sue for slander????
A Vaughn

Irvine, KY

#30 Aug 15, 2009
I have known Kelly all me life. Kelly is a great man and has always treated our family with kindness and respect. Everyone makes mistakes, this has to be a mistake. Kelly is an honest hardworking man. As far as gossip in his barber shop, it's you good people of P-burg that bring the gossip in there. I've been there heard it myself. He has always helped others. You people need to consider who you are talking about. KARMA is real and it visit's everyone, so watch what you say because KARMA will knock at your door.
Townie

Prestonsburg, KY

#31 Aug 15, 2009
I just wonder if Kelly realizes that his reputation as a leader is our small town has now been tarnished. No amount of money is worth losing your credibility and the trust that your neighbors, friends and citizens have put in your hands. I'm sorry Kelly, but you need to step down, I don't have any faith in you anymore.
bewildered

Paintsville, KY

#32 Aug 15, 2009
forURinfo wrote:
<quoted text>
how can you say this after the he stole money from the city. We hard working tax payers pay money to help the city not low lives who think we should keep them up also.
Tired of keeping up rich

Anderson, SC

#33 Aug 15, 2009
forURinfo wrote:
<quoted text>
i bet that is what the hell he will say .It was an accident. LMFAO
sassy

Paintsville, KY

#34 Aug 15, 2009
i dont think that some jail time would be out of the question for kelly moore. what has he gotten away with that we dont know about?
huggie bear

Anderson, SC

#35 Aug 15, 2009
my opinion....Gormie is a trouble maker, always has been .....BD just want's to make a name for himself, he is, and always was an a-hole, even in school he thought his didn't stink....changes will come after p-burg gets a new mayor, remember this people!!!! long term politicians breed corruption!!! kelly may or may not have made a mistake, but in the end it will all come out in the wash as to what really happend.
sassy

Paintsville, KY

#36 Aug 15, 2009
huggie bear wrote:
my opinion....Gormie is a trouble maker, always has been .....BD just want's to make a name for himself, he is, and always was an a-hole, even in school he thought his didn't stink....changes will come after p-burg gets a new mayor, remember this people!!!! long term politicians breed corruption!!! kelly may or may not have made a mistake, but in the end it will all come out in the wash as to what really happend.
you cannot blame gormie, Kelly moore is the one that got caught selling city property and keeping the money. How dare you blame it on someone else. That is why the ssme people get elected is because of people who want to blame someone else.
SoupBean

Cynthiana, KY

#37 Aug 15, 2009
I'm waiting on the facts. Until then I will still let kellycut my little boys hair and robert mine. Even after I probably still will.
huggie bear

Anderson, SC

#38 Aug 15, 2009
first of all i am not blaming anyone, the facts aren't out yet, all i am saying is that Gormie likes to stir stuff, after all when buying property shouldn't the buyer do a deed research before purchase to make sure that the property has no leins and so forth and to make sure the person selling is the rightful owner? just sounds to me like an oversight, and it's not the first time that this has happened in the city, just look back at when the city sold property near archer park that didn't belong to them.
not bewildered by this

Paintsville, KY

#39 Aug 15, 2009
You are right. Karma has a way of finally getting the best of us. All the times I have been in the shop and heard gossip and I knew it was gossip, how does it feel now Kelly-being on the receiving side of having your name in the dirt????
Fed up

Clarksville, TN

#40 Aug 15, 2009
People you can hold up for this all you want and try to find excuses for his actions, but the bottom line is KELLY MOORE knew exactly what he was doing he knew damn well the property belong to the city and the money was not his to keep that is no damn accident!!! it doesn't matter what he has or is doing for the kids what does matter is he stole money from the city and he needs to be punished for it. what would they do if you or I did that? we would be in jail and sent off to prison. Stop blaming Gorman or BD for this they were just smart enough to catch it and let the public know

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Prestonsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Athenesword 151,800
kevin younce 59 min maysville 1
KVE officer Darvin Marsillett 59 min Seeking 12
Kevin Woods 1 hr Dumb 31
Prestonsburg Football 1 hr Ignorance 312
Betsy Layne Lover Man !!!! (Feb '16) Thu Kevin 27
Prestonsburg Lawyer Got Another DUI Wed Gene 1

Prestonsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Prestonsburg Mortgages